PDA

View Full Version : Ein Fokker über Wasser.

Cazzie
December 19th, 2008, 01:46
FSX SP2/Acceleration in Preview DX10 with Stuart Green's Fokker D.VII and my latest repaint of it.

Caz

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/fleisher_2.jpg

Bjoern
December 19th, 2008, 04:32
The thread title somehow made me laugh..."Ein Fokker über Wasser"...pun intended? :d

Cazzie
December 19th, 2008, 04:35
The thread title somehow made me laugh..."Ein Fokker über Wasser"...pun intended? :d

Pun kinda meant! :d

Caz

Daube
December 19th, 2008, 04:41
Wow, nice screenshot here.
The repaint is nice, but there is something missing... it's too clean. The colors are a bit "cartoonish" because of that. Would it be possible for you to "weather" (is that the correct english expression ?) those textures to give them a more realistic, dirty look ? I mean, not "dirty" but just less new, out-of-the-box ?

Cazzie
December 19th, 2008, 04:58
Wow, nice screenshot here.
The repaint is nice, but there is something missing... it's too clean. The colors are a bit "cartoonish" because of that. Would it be possible for you to "weather" (is that the correct english expression ?) those textures to give them a more realistic, dirty look ? I mean, not "dirty" but just less new, out-of-the-box ?

Daube, this is my repaint of Ltn. Alfred Fleischer's Fokker D.VII. I had a time with the fuselage striping.

It "is" too clean and I have not sent the texture up as yet because I am working on texturing it as Huub has done Stuart's Pfalz's D.IIIs. then it should look more duty-worthy and I shall send the repaint up for FS9 to SOH. The screen was taken in FSX, however, with Preview DX10 checked. However, all reflectivity is lost in DX10 mode for Stuart's planes, not a problems with the D.VII and there is none. :icon_lol:

Caz

Daube
December 19th, 2008, 09:19
Thanks for the info Cazzie.
I really have to install those WW1 birds in my FSX. :jump:

Cazzie
December 19th, 2008, 17:00
Daube,

I got a little work done to the top wing today. These screens are in FS9, because it opens and loads faster for testing. I also made a new propeller texture, how do you like it. A new propwash was made from the new prop.

Notice the difference in the shading and highilighting between the ribs on the upper wing versus the lower wing.

What do you think Huub?

Caz

Daube
December 20th, 2008, 08:57
I don't know if it's the consequence of the light or the shadows, but the wings look quite good on the last two shots.
And for the prop texture, this wood looks really good ! I don't remember if the props of those planes were really that dark, though, it seemed to me that their color was a little bit more clear.... but this is maybe due to a special model.

Cazzie
December 20th, 2008, 14:17
Daube,

I just sent up all new textures for Ltn. Alfred Fleischer with the new prop too. I used a restoration prop for my cut out and paste into, so I am not going to validate anything to its likeness being spot on. It was more a test anyhow to see if it would work, it did rather well I think. But actual photos do show that German laminated props were light and dark. this would make an excellent representation of a French WW I prop, they were quite dark.

In the Fleischer sample, I had to tone down the shadows and highlights on the yellow, they were just too unreal. I am not saying I got it right either, this is all punch and curse ya know. :costumes:

Caz

See here for Fleischer screen captures in FS9 and FSX.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6294

yancovitch
December 20th, 2008, 19:27
where and when is this available?

Daube
December 21st, 2008, 02:07
The light effects on the last three shots are making this repaint very convincing, it looks good like that. Excellent job Cazzie !:ernae:

Cazzie
December 21st, 2008, 03:07
where and when is this available?

Depending on how much football Ickie watches, it should be up today. :icon_lol:

Caz

yancovitch
December 21st, 2008, 11:58
i build ww1 electric flying models....and i use these wonderful fs creations as reference models since alot of effort has gone into them....very grateful......................vic