PDA

View Full Version : moving the model

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
January 19th, 2012, 13:16
hi guys. i have a question to ask.

Is there a way to move the model's position in the selection screen while using a hex editor?

IF you are wondering... i am trying to do this on A.F. Scrub's P-51H Mustang.

[edit: wrong section -_-]

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
January 19th, 2012, 13:18
Or maybe using SCASM?

[edit: wrong section -_-]

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 1st, 2012, 16:02
[edit: wrong section -_-] could it be done with a program, like a hex editor?

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 2nd, 2012, 17:28
i didn't mean the wrong section.

But what i meant is could it be possible to move the model's position in the select screen so the wheels don't sink in the ground

hairyspin
February 4th, 2012, 10:51
It's been a while since I last used CFS2? but I think you need to look at the [contact points] section in aircraft.cfg. If the model doesn't display right in the aircraft selection screen, I think you need to alter the static height. If it doesn't sit properly on the ground in the sim, the wheel contact points need editing. Check the sdk for more information.

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 4th, 2012, 12:31
how can i access the static height of the model?

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 4th, 2012, 13:44
what i am trying to tell: Is it possible to re-position the model using a modeling program?

hairyspin
February 4th, 2012, 23:20
Static height is an entry in aircraft.cfg. Go to the CFS2 directory and open the aircraft model's folder and you'll see the file listed. Open the cfg file with Notepad, scroll down to [contact points] and you'll find it. It won't need much of a change, probably by 0.1 of a foot will be ample, but if not increase by 0.1 increments until you're happy.

Hope this helps!