PDA

View Full Version : A query for any Carenado folks that may visit here.

Cazzie
December 19th, 2008, 01:16
Gentlemen,

I noticed a flaw in the lower fin area of the T-34 Mentor's texture.FAE. I found this by doing a repaint of an Air Force trainer and my paint not taking, then I checked your paint for the texture above and it too is missing the paint for this area.

Any assistance you could render would be appreciated. I do repaints and send them up here Sim-Outhouse. I did an orange-nose Air Force Trainer for your FS9 T-34, that was a hit and I got many requests for doing another one when you released the FSX version. I did so (first experience with bump maps) and it all came out peachy, except the lower area of the vertical tail mentioned.

This is the area mention, notice the shaded are in both your FAE texture and my Air Force texture. Is there possibly a fix in the works for this?

The same texture is not effected in FS0.

Thank you all in advance, your products are some of the best in the business.

Caz Dalton

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/mentor_tex_err.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/badtexture.jpg

Kiwikat
December 19th, 2008, 04:32
To be honest, I've been wanting to say something about this for over a year now. Carenado's products are generally very nice. Their 182Q is one of my favorite aircraft for FS9 and FSX. There has always been this ONE problem that stops their products from being even better.

Mapping.

This causes many issues for repainters including myself. I'd have done a dozen or two repaints for their aircraft but parts are either mapped in unknown places, mirrored, or not mapped at all. They don't offer true paint kits either. If Carenado would go the extra mile (hardly an extra mile as most developers do this by default) and provide better mapped textures, not mirror significant parts (eg. tail, wings), and provide a layered PSD, they'd be among the best. They would also have three times as many repaints.

So if anyone from Carenado DOES read this, please take it into consideration. :kilroy:
Oh, release that Arrow IV too. :costumes:

Cazzie
December 19th, 2008, 04:51
Actually, though they do not offer a Paint Kit, the Bare-Metal textures in their default texture folder work fine for a base. I have already done two repaints, one Air Force and one Marine for the FSX Carenado T-34, available here at SOH, just search my name. There was no problem whatsoever with exception of another Air Force trainer paint I have done and that :censored: starboard fin texture. Look at their texture (Carenado_mentor_interior1_T.bmp) for the starboard fin for texture.FAE and you will see that it is painted red. However, as seen above, it is not red in the lower fin area, as it is on the port fin. Carenado owes it to paying customers to fix small problems like this, it is not only a problem for you and I, it is a problem with their own default texture.

For the record, I had no such problem with the FS9 Carenado T-34 Mare-Metal paints.

Also, if you are going to do a proper repaint of the FSX T-34, you "must" prepare you some blank bump map and spec textures and completely clone out or paint out all remnants of the registration numbers on the fuselage halves and the "Mentor" logo names on both vertical tails from them. Otherwise, in certain lighting, you will see them in your repaints.

Caz

doublecool
December 20th, 2008, 03:18
Thanks Cazzie :applause::ernae: