PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new system, Best place to shop for components?

MisterKleen
January 18th, 2012, 09:08
It is time for a new PC, going to build my own for the first time. I was wondering were was the best place to shop for the parts. I know of NewEgg and Amazon, but was just looking were you guys shop for the parts???? Thanks

gecko65
January 18th, 2012, 11:01
Mwave be where I go to build. Barebones, motherboard bundles, cases, etc. They have all the hardware and some software. You can select the components you want and have them build it and test it, or you can do all of it yourself, or somewhere in between.

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/index.asp?

stovall
January 18th, 2012, 13:04
MisterKleen, I use NewEgg almost exclusively. They have great support and the prices are reasonable. Hope this helps. I just built a new machine completely and am very happy with their service.

Meshman
January 18th, 2012, 13:30
Newegg for me 99% of the time. As a matter of fact, the UPS truck is suppose to be by tomorrow! :salute:

Mach3DS
January 18th, 2012, 14:48
Is CompUSA in ND? If not and TigerDirect has no office there, then you can get tax free from TigerDirect.

Felixthreeone
January 18th, 2012, 14:57
I used microcenter for my current build...not sure how they stack up price-wise to the newegg and tiger direct's out there...

Naismith
January 18th, 2012, 15:09
Allow me to suggest NCIX, they are Canadian and have recently expanded South of the Border (no not down Mexico way but to California) they are mail order generally but I have found them above and beyond in service and pricing and advice when I have used them. Get to them at NCIX.com. also they do post a lot of handy guides on You Tube even if you don't buy from them they are useful. I have no connection with them other than happy customer.

stansdds
January 18th, 2012, 16:26
Most of my computer components come from Newegg. In a moment of desperation I will buy things like hard drives from my local Best Buy.

gigabyte
January 18th, 2012, 18:20
Allow me to suggest NCIX, they are Canadian and have recently expanded South of the Border (no not down Mexico way but to California) they are mail order generally but I have found them above and beyond in service and pricing and advice when I have used them. Get to them at NCIX.com. also they do post a lot of handy guides on You Tube even if you don't buy from them they are useful. I have no connection with them other than happy customer.

I have to agree with Naismith, I just discovered these guys a few weeks ago and I am VERY impressed, I found a couple of excellent buys (I have my 3rd 24" monitor hidden in my office, just waiting for the right time to sneak in on to the desk and hope the wife does not notice, think it will work...). I was impressed with the service particularly, I placed an order on Friday and the expected delivery by my chosen method was 7 days, the order was shipped the same day (which is rare enough) and low & behold arrived at my door on Monday afternoon, what impressed me about that is they shipped from Vancouver and I am in New Brunswick so it went coast to coast over the weekend. I thought it was a fluke but I had basically the same result on the second order and I did not use the "Express" shipping option either time. I am not sure you would get the same service south of the border but I would recommend you give them a look, I am a very happy customer. Oh on the pricing side, I had been shopping for a 24" monitor that would give me 1920X1200, the best I found on other sites was in the $450.00 range, they had 3 models under $350.00 and the one I actually wanted (I have 2 Samsung and wanted to match) was actually $275.00 so colour me "giga-pleased.

And no I don't work for them either, I got the site address from a local computer shop where I buy most of the stuff I need for work.