PDA

View Full Version : P-61 Development thread?

jimjones
January 18th, 2012, 04:18
What happenend to the P-61 project thread? It has not been very active lately showing progress, but it has been watched for any significant progress and a place to learn of all the hard work being put into the model and flight charateristics. Perhaps its huge size was taking up too much server space. Hope the disappearance of the thread does not reflect loss of interest in finalizing the project.

N2056
January 18th, 2012, 06:46
The project is alive and well. I will be back into the modeling work on it after I return from an upcoming business trip. :salute:

srgalahad
January 18th, 2012, 06:51
It hasn't disappeared. Last post to it was Jan 8, 2012 so it's slipped to Page 7 of the FSX threads.

stovall
January 18th, 2012, 07:25
I will bump the original SOH P-61 Black Widow thread so people can see it and post on it again. If there are regular posts I can make it a sticky again. One of the moderators unstickied it because of the lack of activity. I will keep an eye out.

warchild
January 18th, 2012, 10:30
There were a LOT of people keeping their eyes on the progress of the plane which is why it stayed stickied. even i un stickied it once and recieved a bloody great tongue lashing for doing so.
Theres a ton of important technical and historical information in that thread: Not just from me, but Fleiger, Johnc, Robert, Lots of people. Maybe it really belongs in the fsx tips and tricks forum.. I dont know, I just woke up. Hell of a lousy thing to wake up too..
Pam

PS. One of the Admins you mean.. No worries. I've got some ideas who it may have been..

stovall
January 18th, 2012, 10:40
I agree Pam, there is a bunch of information that many read from time to time. The fact that people wondered what happened to the thread is a sign many read but do not post. I have put the sticky back on it.

Hope all is well with you. Roger Wilco 66 is back home and is proceeding with the updated objects for Solomon Island and our Iwo Jima. I am eager to finish her up. Guy Diottie has the C-47 almost done so things are coming together.

Roger
January 18th, 2012, 10:41
I'll find it and get it stickied again!
(Edit it's already back up.)

warchild
January 18th, 2012, 10:49
Roger Wilco 66 is back home and is proceeding with the updated objects for Solomon Island and our Iwo Jima. I am eager to finish her up. Guy Diottie has the C-47 almost done so things are coming together.

Now THAT put a smile on my face :).. I cant wait to get back to doing more testing out of Iwo.. Youve got some beautiful scenery there and i'm lovin it.. :)..

Roger... Thanks for looking.. Much appreciated..

Pam

akira.shimada
February 12th, 2012, 02:04
Hi,

What happened to the P-61 project? I can't have access to the dev thread since several days.

Aki

warchild
February 12th, 2012, 03:35
It was moved sometime before last week. I dont know where as i no longer have permissions to read it or post too it even. i sent Ickie a PM but all he said was that he didnt know who moved it. Even if Rob and I and our work are no longer liked or cared about by the cadre', we keep our promises. The P-61 will be finished. I promise. Bear with us..
Pam

Roger
February 12th, 2012, 03:46
I am confused...I can't find it using forum search?

Edit: Ok we've found it and hopefully it will be returned shortly.

warchild
February 12th, 2012, 04:21
Well, i must correct the record and retract my statement.. the P-61 thread was moved to http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?58-SOH-P-61-Project. Apparently, when it was moved there were some permissions issues, which i ran into head first. It should at least be viewable by all. Robert, Paul ( Delta558 )and I will be getting busy on this again very shortly. Paul and I have already begun our pre beta check lists to make certain that all the numbers are correct and the plane flies well.. Paul and I are still of a mind that the flight model should reflect as exactly as possible the original aircraft, and we've eaten a lot of humble pie as it taught us lesson after lesson. Odd how after over 2000 hours actually flying it, and many many more hours programming it, it still is teaching us lessons. However, for as in depth as we are making it, I promise that I will do my best to make the plane enjoyable for the newest pilot and the oldest, most discriminating one. It'll be as easy to start as hitting ctrl-E or as complex as having to turn on the fuel and cycle the engines by hand.
I'll be honest. I almost gave up this last week. When the thread went missing, with no warning, and little help was offered to my request for it, i almost gave up. Well, so much for that.. Its back to work.
Pam

Roger
February 12th, 2012, 04:27
Hi Pam,
I'm not sure if ordinary and members+ can access that forum. Perhaps someone will follow Pam's shortcut and let us know.

delta558
February 12th, 2012, 04:38
I can confirm, it's not accessible.

warchild
February 12th, 2012, 05:12
Thats sad..
is there any way at all to have it made accessible to everyone?? AFter all, this isnt my plane, or pauls, or roberts. it belongs to history and to all of us, and it should be accessible to everyone to ask questions and comment on.. Thanks.. It would be greatly appreciated.,.
pam

PRB
February 12th, 2012, 05:17
We're making that forum a public one. Seems we're running into a "glitch" of some sort, as they say at NASA... Please stand by...

N2056
February 12th, 2012, 06:48
Oddly enough I seem to have no issues with access. I noticed we had been moved and at first was confused as I knew that was an area that had controlled access. By making it open to all actually makes sense to me to have it there.

modelr
February 12th, 2012, 06:51
I am able to access it, without any problems. However, all the earlier links in the related threads are dead. I check in on this thread regularly, tho' rarely post unless I have something pertinant to say. Am amazed at the work involved, and only wish I had half the skill of those involved. A big "Thank You" to all, and I hope this model package does make it to the "Gear Up" stage. :salute:

Roger
February 12th, 2012, 07:57
I am able to access it, without any problems. However, all the earlier links in the related threads are dead. I check in on this thread regularly, tho' rarely post unless I have something pertinant to say. Am amazed at the work involved, and only wish I had half the skill of those involved. A big "Thank You" to all, and I hope this model package does make it to the "Gear Up" stage. :salute:

Hi Robert,
If you and Pam are happy with it there then we'll leave it there. Ickie has reset permissions to that forum so everyone can view it.:ernae:

N2056
February 12th, 2012, 07:59
We'll talk it over and let you know. Thanks for the option :salute:

stovall
February 12th, 2012, 08:04
Either way this thread is a fantastic source of information. Looking forward to your P-61 so I can fly it out of Iwo Jima.

warchild
February 12th, 2012, 12:33
I think the forum is a great idea. Rob and i will talk it over though as we always have. Its the way we've done things since day one together, and i wont stop now. I know most people only saw Rob writing, and thats because he's far more articulate than i am, bit everything we've done the last year as developers and admins has been by consensus of the other person. Its a method that works and it would be bad to change things now :)..

I'd also like to ask if we could get an SU-35/37 thread going in there.. Yeah, I know, it would be beginning to look like an advertisement for Jade Island Projects, but truth told, theres a ton of misconceptions about the SU-37/35 and The fact is, its an amazing design that breaks all the rules, and at least from a flight modelers pov, one of the most difficult and challenging aircraft in the world to produce. PaulD PaulF and I are discovering ( slowly ) little secrets to make the bird fly and act like the real one.

We've got the canards working correctly in the flight model along with the elevons, but vectored thrust is still challenging us. We've also gotten the stability issues worked out so that the plane doesnt go insane when you pull back on the stick too far. However, theres a lot to be done there yet.. right now, the sukhoi is too stable..
Oh well ::lol:;..

Pips
April 5th, 2012, 17:26
Well there hasn't been much news of late on the P-61. Shame, I hope all is still progressing; I'm sure there still is an awful lot of interest in this project. It's such a fantastic aircraft!

stansdds
April 6th, 2012, 03:18
The P-61 project has its own forum these days.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?58-SOH-P-61-Project