PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk Heli

DennyBoy
January 17th, 2012, 22:59
Hi all

Yesterday we recive the first Blackhawk helicopter at Malmen AB here in Linkoping were I live. It was a big celebration with the defence minister and all high brasses.

Besides: This year is 100 years sins the first aircraft for military use were bough to Signalcorps (Signalkompaniet) inbedded in the swedish army. The Royal swedish Air Force was founded first 1926 as a independed force.

Best Regard
DennyBoy

Jagdflieger
January 18th, 2012, 05:22
Good news for the Swedish military DennyBoy.

My first ride in a Blackhawk was a real eye opener. Having flown in Hueys for several years, the high performance of the Blackhawk came as a real surprise.

Roadburner440
January 18th, 2012, 13:30
Good news for the Swedish military DennyBoy.

My first ride in a Blackhawk was a real eye opener. Having flown in Hueys for several years, the high performance of the Blackhawk came as a real surprise.

I would think the Huey would beat the daylights out of a H-60. :icon_lol: Then again you might be referring to the original single engine model, and not the modern twin T700 (same engines as the H-60) Super Huey. Then again I have never worked on Blackhawks.. The SH-60B/MH-60R are heavy & cumbersome. Barely able to maintain speeds of approximately 140kts, and not very manueverable. Guess without all the avionics, radars, weapons, and equipment the Blackhawks probably are quicker. I always got a kick out of the little red tick on our airspeed indicator at 250kts since we can't even come close.

Congrats on you guys getting the Blackhawks though. Certaintly a good aircraft. I certaintly have enjoyed working on and flying on the Seahawks.

Jagdflieger
January 18th, 2012, 15:36
I never flew in the twin engined (N Model?) version of the Huey and I understand that the new version (Zule model?) used by the US Marines with a four blade rotor is a hot ship. My time in Hueys was spent in Charley, Delta and Hotel models, mostly in VN. They were single engine ships and on hot days the pilots would have to kind of slide along the ground to get into transitional lift when heavily loaded. My last flight in a Huey was at the Blue Grass Arsenal in Kentuky in the mid 90s. It's been all Blackhawks and Chinooks since then.

Naki
January 18th, 2012, 21:29
The RNZAF should of got UH-60Ms instead of NH-90s ...could of bought more (been cheaper) and would of fitted in the C-130H and J Hercs..and ithe UH-60 is a proven design with no teething problems.

I see Sweden is getting both the NH-90 and Uh-60. I believe they got UH-60s for Afghan work because their NH-90s (high roof ones) werent ready?

Victory103
January 19th, 2012, 00:26
DennyBoy,
I currently work with your forces here in AFG and know they are looking forward to the Hawks. We share a hangar with 3 very clean, never used Super Pumas. I have tried to show a few of the Swedish Army folks a few things the H-60 is capable of, they didn't even get sick!

Coming from the 60F/H Seahawk in my enlisted USN days, when you start putting on weight, performance is going to decrease, which holds true to the Romeo now. Our tired 80's model Black Hawks are fine down low with a mission load, but one can get in trouble quick up in the mountains.

Trans_23
January 19th, 2012, 14:34
Do ya have one like this? My Daughter (Sgt. in the Army) just got a ride in it.

Victory103
January 19th, 2012, 21:20
Nice, have a buddy that flies for that unit.