PDA

View Full Version : Differential Brakes; Always on

OleBoy
January 16th, 2012, 15:40
I'm having a problem with the differential brakes always being on, and it takes full throttle to move. I hit ctrl/period to release them and all is good. Once I step on the toe-brakes, I'm having to hit ctrl/period to get them to release again. It's an annoying instance that happens every flight. I have reduced sensitivities and null zones all over the ranges, and nothing helps.

I'm hoping someone has a fix?

rwmarth
January 16th, 2012, 15:45
Try clicking on the inverse key option in the controls menu. My Saitek pedals need that to get rid of that problem. After doing that, all worked fine

OleBoy
January 16th, 2012, 17:32
Try clicking on the inverse key option in the controls menu. My Saitek pedals need that to get rid of that problem. After doing that, all worked fine

Thanks for trying to help me out. I tried what you mention already and it did not help. I also tried recalibrating the pedals with a cd case under each of them. I read on the web that this gives a small buffer area. That didn't work.

Dangerousdave26
January 16th, 2012, 17:35
I was having that problem and an issue with my yoke controller. It would seem like it was vibrating like it was hearing noise.

I was told an interesting little tidbit that I can not confirm but works for me.

If you remember the days of the old analog gaming controllers we had to calibrate them to use them. USB I always thought did not need calibrating and could not be calibrated.

Turns out I was wrong the calibration process is automatic but you must fully deflect the controllers.

Now when I fire up FS I fully deflect all axis.

My differential brakes go off and all other controllers work right.

Dangerousdave26
January 16th, 2012, 17:43
You may also want to make sure FSX did not uncheck the reverse axis box on one of the toe brake axis in the controls menu. I had it do that to me a few times.

PRB
January 16th, 2012, 17:49
I have USB controllers and I know I have to calibrate mine...

I had this problem too. Or I should say have the problem. In my case, I just think my CH Products rudder pedals are wore out and won't calibrate. When I run the calibration, I can see that the brakes are fully applied after just touching the pedal, then it won't go off until I re-calibrate, which is worthless because as soon as I tough them again... I gave up and disabled the toe brakes feature until I get new rudder pedals. Tried adjusting the sensitivity, and that had no effect, in my case. Back when the rudder pedals did work correctly, adjusting the sensitivity and calibrating did solve it.

OleBoy
January 16th, 2012, 19:05
Thanks for all the help everyone. It's appreciated. I'm still fiddling with it. As a last resort I'll disable/enable the connections, reboot and then reconnect everything to the USB's so they're recognized again. Then give that a go.

Sideshow
January 17th, 2012, 03:40
I had the same issue with my Saitek pedal toe brakes.

Increasing sensitivity (move slider to the right) for each toe brake in the FSX control settings fixed it for me. Although I notice PRB has already tried this. Might be worth a try anyhow.

OleBoy
January 17th, 2012, 04:11
I'll mess with it a bit this morning and see what happens. Thanks for the input, Sideshow.

An update.

I disconnected the controllers and plugged them back in. Then I calibrated the pedals through the "Game"Controller/Windows options. The Logitech G940 pedals show a button in the calibration screen. Very strange, because I can't find a button anywhere on the pedals? Has anyone else seen this? Anywho, I set calibration by manipulating each pedal to get the cross hair "centered" in the square, clicked next, then finished. I started FSX and reset the pedal settings to default. Loaded up an aircraft, and, Problem fixed!!

Thanks everyone for the replies.

modelr
January 17th, 2012, 07:34
My Saiteks were doing this the last couple months, on and off. I would have to reset the direction of the operation in the FS Controller panel every so often. Then, about a month ago, my pedals failed, Windows won't recognize them. Took them apart and cleaned everything. No good. One of the little chips must have gone bad. Need new ones. Mine were some of the first shipment, so they've held up pretty good, always being under my desk, plugged in, on carpet, and sort of being just footrests when not in use.

LonelyplanetXO
January 17th, 2012, 09:03
Giday,

What you're describing - differential brakes jamming on - is a known issue with Saitek pedals & FSX. Sideshow's on the right track but not quite there. It's the null zone settings that address it. See the screenshot. Also as rwmarth said, if your setting them up for the first time you'll need to reverse the axes for some odd reason or theyll work back to front.

Cheers!