PDA

View Full Version : Can't get rid of "Can't find" message.

kwb737
January 16th, 2012, 09:53
When I go to launch a certain mission I get this message. "Can't find the model runway1b_dirt_sq in the library". The mission will still run but this is bothering me. I posted the problem on an earlier post and Devildog sent me 2 new files (one for my "objects DP", and one for my "info". When I installed them I was told they were already there but I overwrote the old ones and installed what I was given thinking that maybe the ones I had where corrupted (If that's possible). Anyway I have checked my Object DP and Info folders and I absolutely have these items yet I'm still told they can't be found. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks

Devildog73
January 16th, 2012, 09:55
When I go to launch a certain mission I get this message. "Can't find the model runway1b_dirt_sq in the library". The mission will still run but this is bothering me. I posted the problem on an earlier post and Devildog sent me 2 new files (one for my "objects DP", and one for my "info". When I installed them I was told the were already there but I overwrote the old ones and installed what I was given thinking that maybe the ones I had where corrupted (If that's possible). Anyway I have checked my Object DP and Info folders and I absolutely have these items yet I'm still told they can't be found. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks

Is it listed in your mdlnames?

kwb737
January 16th, 2012, 09:55
Is it listed in your mdlnames?

Yes it is.

kwb737
January 16th, 2012, 10:40
I don't know a thing about mission building but I wonder if what is causing this is in the mission file itself?

Oglivie
January 16th, 2012, 15:16
Kwb737,

I ran into this sometime ago. If I remember correctly I copied the runways.bgl file from the SCENEDB/runways/scenery folder to the SCENERY folder in the CFS2 root folder. And possibly may need texture files from the SCENEDB/runways/texture copied to the TEXTURE folder in the CFS2 root folder. Give that a try. For some reason I think CFS2 maybe looking in those CFS2 root folders for the runway1b_dirt_sq (contained in the runway.bgl file).

Cheers,
O

kwb737
January 16th, 2012, 17:36
Kwb737,

I ran into this sometime ago. If I remember correctly I copied the runways.bgl file from the SCENEDB/runways/scenery folder to the SCENERY folder in the CFS2 root folder. And possibly may need texture files from the SCENEDB/runways/texture copied to the TEXTURE folder in the CFS2 root folder. Give that a try. For some reason I think CFS2 maybe looking in those CFS2 root folders for the runway1b_dirt_sq (contained in the runway.bgl file).

Cheers,
O
Thanks Oglivie! I'll give it a try when I get home and let you know how it worked out.

Cody Coyote
January 17th, 2012, 07:00
This sounds like it might be a very old problem with CFS2. If it is the runway problem I'm thinking of the fix is to copy the file runways.bgl that you will find in <CFS2>\SCENEDB\runways\scenery\ and paste it in to <CFS2>\SCENEDB\inf\scenery\. Then copy the runway texture files from SCENEDB\runway\texture and paste them in SCENEDB\inf\texturel.

Even if this doesn't fix your specific problem you should do this to prevent your runways from appearing as black, untextured landing strips under some circumstances.

kwb737
January 17th, 2012, 09:24
Problem Fixed!!!! Thanks so much to both of you. I hope you don't mind Oglivie but I decided to give Cody's solution a try first and that corrected the problem. Thank you you Cody! Again thanks to both of you and sharing your knowledge.