PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Fios

smoores
December 18th, 2008, 19:39
Anyone have Fios yet? I've heard its good, but I was wondering about how good the dvr's are and how good the entire system is. Right now I have Directv, and ever since they split from Tivo, everything has gotten worse. :bs:

hey_moe
December 19th, 2008, 03:22
LMAO....I just changed over from Cox to Verizon. They said that FIOS wasn't in my area yet so I went ahead with DTV. After Verizon just about screwed up on everything you can think on and 4 no shows. I finally got everything done. DTV kept there promise, did everything right on the money. 2 days later Verizon called and asked me how come I didn't go with there FIOS service.What a bunch on screw balls:banghead::costumes: I hear FIOS is great but ya might want to Google it and see what kind of trash customers are having to go through when it comes to Verizon....I was shocked:jawdrop:

yank51
December 19th, 2008, 03:51
This would be so cool... EXCEPT, I can't even get DSL yet where I live :banghead: (out in the sticks, of course...lol:mixedsmi:)

Snuffy
December 19th, 2008, 04:28
Yank, When I lived in PTC I had to get extended DSL. Its a slight bit slower than DSL because they have to add a signal booster to your line. My apartment when living there was about 1200 feet farther from a CO than I should have been for regular DSL.

The extended DSL still got the job done though. :)

Craig Taylor
December 19th, 2008, 04:32
I got FiOS in early September, and have been very happy. I ordered online, selecting all the services and channel sets I wanted. I was able to pick the day and timeframe I wanted the service installed, and the Verizon tech was right on time. I have the DVR and have been very impressed. It's so much easier than a VCR - you just scroll through the channel guide and select your show. It also allows you to record one show while watching another, or to record two shows at the same time.

I used to have Comcast for cable and internet, and Verizon for landline and cell. I am saving about $30 per month by bundling, but others' mileage may vary depending on what services you choose. I've seen some definite improvement in performance both with the cable TV and internet over Comcast, so I think the switch was worth it for me.

Toastmaker
December 19th, 2008, 10:55
Maybe different Verizon regions have different service standards, because here near Wash. D. C., Verizon rules!

I, like Craig, have Verizon Fios internet and TV and I'm completely satisfied. I had occasion to need help with their tech support by phone and everything went quick, smooth and the tech was ultra-competant.

The highest speed Fios for internet is REALLY fast and I've had no Fios related problems.

smoores
December 19th, 2008, 14:35
I already have Verizon phone service, which is the best, I get my internet from verizon, but not fios. I'm switching everything to fios. It will save me around $100 bucks a month. A bad sign is that the installer forgot to show up yesterday! Judging by from this thread, I think I'll be happy with it.

Gdavis101
December 19th, 2008, 16:12
Can't get it in my neck of the woods, but if its anything like their Cell service I will pass! No matter where I go where I live no one can hear me now!

Gregory Paul
December 20th, 2008, 04:44
I have have Verizon Fios internet, phone and TV and I'm completely satisfied. I've had it over a year now. I won't go back to cable unless I can't get it.

ananda
December 20th, 2008, 06:30
When will they run a cable across the Atlantic :censored:

yank51
December 20th, 2008, 06:35
When will they run a cable across the Atlantic :censored:
Probably before they do here in rural GA...:kilroy::icon_lol: