PDA

View Full Version : I Won, I Won!!!

Wittpilot
January 15th, 2012, 07:41
Well, it's not the lottery, but I never win ANYthing!!!!

It's at 2:45ish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYAzrdbTzpI&list=UUJZL9VSp8g5rRQXeumrEOEg&index=1&feature=plcp

Navy Chief
January 15th, 2012, 07:52
Congratulations!!!

NC

Chacha
January 15th, 2012, 08:01
That's Cool...
Congratulations, Wittpilot!

:applause:

rdaniell
January 15th, 2012, 08:02
Congrats....You'd need more than just a T-Shirt where I live today....:icon_lol: BTW, I sent you a p.m.

Romeo-Delta

Panther_99FS
January 15th, 2012, 08:22
I know a guy who is an R/C photographer - maybe he can shoot your stuff :mixedsmi:

Wittpilot
January 15th, 2012, 09:15
I know a guy who is an R/C photographer - maybe he can shoot your stuff :mixedsmi:

Well, It sure wouldn't be hard... as it usually ends up on the ground pretty quick! lol

Wittpilot
January 15th, 2012, 09:20
Here are a couple of my collection.... Like I said in a thread awhile ago, I'm still a beginner.... I am trying to teach myself so the learning progress is slow... and I dont' take a whole lot of risks when in the air....

Wittpilot
January 15th, 2012, 09:33
Okay, How come when i add a reply and add pictures it wants to put the pictures on every single post like a signature or something.... Am I doing something wrong here?

Tako_Kichi
January 15th, 2012, 13:14
Okay, How come when i add a reply and add pictures it wants to put the pictures on every single post like a signature or something.... Am I doing something wrong here?
It was a bug in the forum software that appears to have been fixed now.

rdaniell
January 15th, 2012, 13:54
["Here are a couple of my collection.... Like I said in a thread awhile ago, I'm still a beginner.... I am trying to teach myself so the learning progress is slow... and I dont' take a whole lot of risks when in the air...."]

Witt, I follow the ole "Three AW SH**S high" rule...

Romeo-Delta

hey_moe
January 15th, 2012, 13:54
Congrads...don't forget to post a few pics of you in da winning shirt.

OleBoy
January 15th, 2012, 14:11
Wittpilot, that particular hobby takes a lot of self devotion. Aside from the gang at the flying fields. Don't let any of them pressure you. Move at your own pace and grow with it. Don't get overwhelmed by others and their achievements. And always remember. What goes up, will come down. Sometimes out of your control. It happens to the best of'em. It's a great hobby.

rdaniell
January 15th, 2012, 14:20
Wittpilot, that particular hobby takes a lot of self devotion. Aside from the gang at the flying fields. Don't let any of them pressure you. Move at your own pace and grow with it. Don't get overwhelmed by others and their achievements. And always remember. What goes up, will come down. Sometimes out of your control. It happens to the best of'em. It's a great hobby.

You are so right OleBoy. I've seen some spectacular crashes. {Most were mine..LOL}. Some by fellows that have been flying RCs for many years.
One of my club members has a saying: "Every airplane has its day."

Romeo-Delta

Wittpilot
January 15th, 2012, 15:20
Okay, now that the bugs are worked out.....

crashaz
January 15th, 2012, 15:46
How do you like the Wildcat? Fly pretty well?

Was thinking about buying it to replace the Gunslinger I nosed into the ground after losing it in the sun. :isadizzy:

OBIO
January 15th, 2012, 16:45
There's a strong chance that come tax return time I will buy my first RC plane. I had my eye on a nice 55 inch Piper Cub, but Mrs. OBIO said NO...You don't need one that big! It was only $150ish dollars and was RTF and had everything. I will most likely start off with something in the 24 inch range...but it has to be a full 4-channel set up (ailerons, rudder, elevator and throttle). None of that 3 channel crap.

OBIO

Wittpilot
January 15th, 2012, 17:54
How do you like the Wildcat? Fly pretty well?

Was thinking about buying it to replace the Gunslinger I nosed into the ground after losing it in the sun. :isadizzy:

Actually.... It flies very nice... I have had maybe ONE rough landing when I just got started flying. I came in a bit slow and had a bit of a tip stall, but I know what NOT to do now to pretty much avoid that.... I think it is a bit bobbly in flight... I think because it is so light, it be-bops around the sky a lot. Now my brother really likes the way it flies, but I like his Gunfighter P-51 better. Also, I think the Park Zone T-28 is the best flying airplane I have. I think it is the right weight and size, and just is the most steady airplane I've flown. If you are looking for another Park Zone bird along those lines, my advice is to go for the T-28. But that is me. I would ask around before making a decision.

Wittpilot
January 15th, 2012, 18:01
There's a strong chance that come tax return time I will buy my first RC plane. I had my eye on a nice 55 inch Piper Cub, but Mrs. OBIO said NO...You don't need one that big! It was only $150ish dollars and was RTF and had everything. I will most likely start off with something in the 24 inch range...but it has to be a full 4-channel set up (ailerons, rudder, elevator and throttle). None of that 3 channel crap.

OBIO

Obio,

I have found that as a beginner, bigger is a little better. Bigger the plane, typically the more stable it is. I have heard great things about the Cub Trainer from Horizon...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/super-cub-dsm-rtf-HBZ7400

If you visit a nice hobby shop, I've found that the ones I've been to they have been nice and would point you in the direction of where to get started...

Everyone says to start with a simulator, but I truly think that 20+ years of flying flight simulator from Spot was a good spot for me. I haven't tried any RC Simulators.

-witt

rdaniell
January 16th, 2012, 02:35
[Everyone says to start with a simulator, but I truly think that 20+ years of flying flight simulator from Spot was a good spot for me. I haven't tried any RC Simulators.]

Witt, remember what I told you about my experiences...RC flying is just inherently different from any other type of flying. You have to be flying the airplane with a transmitter. Your thumbs need to develop their own muscle memory. After awhile your brain will automatically send the correct message to them without your even having to think about which way to move the kimble stick.

OBIO, if you don't have a RC club close by, then the Hobby Zone Super Cub is the way to go. It's big enough to see and is very forgiving. There will be plenty of time for a three axis model.

I know advice is just that advice. But I really hate to see newcomers to RC repeat all my mistakes. As you already know, these airplanes are not CHEAP.

Romeo-Delta