PDA

View Full Version : New style Russian Air Force Insigna

VaporZ
January 15th, 2012, 02:14
Russian Air Force fleet is gradually adopting a brand new "Star Insigna" related
to the White Blue Red Russian Flag :

The new Star Insigna is here :
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Russian_Air_Force_roundel_-_2010.svg?uselang=fr

The end result on a Mig-31 is here :
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia---Air/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-31/2048914/L/&sid=bc28222aaa39958abcbca557382c14a1

Nice !
:mixedsmi:
VaporZ

Ivan
January 15th, 2012, 05:04
BBC==VVS==Voenoe Vozdushnoe Silli== Military Air Forces==Russian Air Force

FWIW
- Ivan.

Toastmaker
January 15th, 2012, 07:19
Looks good - I also like the minimalist Geman style - the cross separating the unit and aircraft numbers.

:running:

Piglet
January 15th, 2012, 18:51
It's still a red commie star....:applause:

Allen
January 15th, 2012, 21:12
What a time to not know were my Dallas Cowboys Star to Russian roundel Gif is.....

SpitXIV
January 15th, 2012, 21:21
What a time to not know were my Dallas Cowboys Star to Russian roundel Gif is.....

That would be interesting.

Allen
January 15th, 2012, 21:52
That would be interesting.

I'll just make one since I don't know were the other went.

↓Click Attachment!↓

Matt Wynn
January 16th, 2012, 01:36
It's still a red commie star....:applause:

it's still a star yeah, but without the commmunist intonations, the star is a patriotic symbol in Russia, after the HAF it is my favourite roundel... but us Greeks and Russians are kinda buddy-buddy at the moment especially with the F-16's and Mirage 2000's needing replacement and the candidates lined up include the Flanker Series plus possible Перспективный авиационный комплекс фронтовой авиации (Perspektivny aviatsionny kompleks frontovoy aviatsii..... the Sukhoi T-50/PAK-FA)

back to roundel chatter, i definitely like it, it shows an emergence from the ways of old and into a new era... my thought... Bravo Russia! still the great aircraft capable of so much, and then some more and now with new clothing.... SUPERB! better get me a new shirt to replace my old BBC (VVS) roundel one :icon_lol: