PDA

View Full Version : Avelina from Lionheart Creations is now launched!

Lionheart
January 14th, 2012, 10:53
Hey all,

The paint has dried, she has finished flight testing, all her electronics are working properly. It is time for my little girl to leave home and go out into the world.

<-- pats the side of the fuselage and says a silent prayer

This is the Avelina Elektra Alpha model 'RG', the first series RG version (Alpha) of the Avelina aircraft line, and fully electric, no combustion engine.

She is equipped with 3 battery quadrants or grids; Left and Right Wing cell grids and the nose cell grid. These are Aero-Gel/Nano Carbon Tube batteries, nearly instant-recharge via 3 plug charge systems, (3 per cell grid). These will yield a range of 500 nautical miles at 175 knots cruising speed / 6,000 feet altitude, standard loadout.

There are 3 forms of energy recoupment separate from a charge station; onboard mini jet turbine APU recharger, powered by a bio fuel set of tanks loaded in the wings outer wingtip areas for safety. This is a computer monitored injector system that has flex-fuel auto-tune features, so you can load up diesel or Jet-A if you cannot find Bio fuel. There is also a 'wind powered APU' (Draft Turbine in the manual) that deploys from the tail. Only used on descents and slow flights. Fast cruise is not recommended as it can drag the airspeed down slightly. Third is solar cells. A click of the button on the Settings page will deploy the wing mounted solar cells. (This is actually a factory feature, they would be adheared to the wings, cell by cell). The APU is a very small turbine, similar to the new Jaguar hybrid, and is mounted in a sound proof baffle box to dampen out sound.

The power system (Primary propulsion) are 2 'Negev' permanent magnet disc motors, air cooled, and at 200 HP each. One is ran at all power settings and the secondary kicks in at 51% power. The computer swaps the motors on separate flights so that the motors age evenly. (Note; you do not 'idle' the motors. When you go to idle setting on the throttle dial, the motors shut off, the prop comes to a stop. Get used to it, its the future).

The interior is state of the art for automobiles. What does that mean...? Hmm..... It means that inside, it doesnt look like a Cirrus or Cessna 182 or even a TBM. It looks like a brand new BMW 8 Series or Porsche Cayanne or Range Rover Evoque. No more flat instrument panel, no more flat inner door panels, etc, etc. Like the new Icon, this has a very 'auto like' panel and interior. (I know, its about time). The interior features lots of leather, veneer burled wood, and are 'theme packaged' for each planes exterior. The yellow plane has yellow stained burl wood on a black on black leather interior. The Stuttgart red package features Connolly leather on black leather interior, and the other models feature Khaki colors and brown wood trim.

The most sophisticated side of this new plane is the computer systems. This plane is LOADED!!!!!! It beeps, dings, bleeps. She doesnt talk, but she will auto-raise the gear at 155 knots, will deploy the gear if under 200 feet, will let you know if the motors are winding out at top max setting (you do not want to cook the Negev's), and it features things like auto-pressurization at 7,000 feet and up, air conditioning, auto-retracting pitot tube when powering down the ship, and countless other features. The panel features 2 LCD screens; the LCDP is the front primary flight display and has 6 different wallpaper settings for the background on it. The second screen is the center 'Infoscreen' panel. This has a touch screen system and features a Kiosk page to dial into the page (system) you need. Tap the headset icon to go to the Radios page. Tap in your radio Freq and dap the Back icon to go to Cruise Control (auto pilot or Droid Mode), GPS, HSI, and many many other pages and systems. Checklists are also built into this system.

The LCDP screen is super user friendly and has all your information in it, nicely packed in an artistic manner as like you might find in a modern Infiniti automobile. The VSI gauge is on the left, ASI and Altitude is on the right, Gyro and compass are center, Droid mode systems are far left (stack of fonts, such as HDG, ALT, SPD, etc). Flaps, Batteries, Trim are also on the main LCDP screen.

You also have a small, unique HUD screen mounted in the very far front of the dash board that pops up when you need it, and will display one of several measures, such as speed, heading, outside temp, time, etc.

Flying the Avelina is very fun. First, she is like a turboprop in that she is very overpowered, but this was only for getting to altitude and take-offs. Once airborn, you are to average your flights at 50% throttle. You can indeed take off at 75% throttle quite easily to keep some of your electric power. Thus, you can fly her like a turbine powered hot-rod, or you can fly her calmly and clip along still at a decent 175 knots (standard cruise). She has split flaps (lower side only drops down) giving you good air braking qualities. She is an RG, so with gear up and the sharp nosed cowling, she is quite clean, 'aerodynamically'. She has excellent glide properties with a very wide wingspan and high lift wings. They will flex and move a bit, like that of a little airliner. In turbulance, they will flex. Likewise, if you hit bumps on the ground, they will flex as well.

A neat feature of this new plane is the sound. She is very quiet. No mufflers or straight pipes. She has a 'whir' sound and the prop is also a composite Whisper, a six bladed unit that is very quiet with Scimatar shaped blades that cut the wind nicely. They have hardly any mass and can be feathered for glided high altitude descents (if you should ever wish to do so). Even the Bio-fuel APU recharger whispers, barely audible over the prop and motor whir sounds. All of this is also complemented with a Lotus Engineering sound cancellation system. Thus, on this futuristic plane, you have no need for headphones except for perhaps music. The windows are Apples glass technology Alumino-Silica flex technology lite weight glass, which is scratch proof and excellent for keeping out sound. She is quiet, rides smooth, fast, and very futuristic.

If you like radials, you will not like this. If you like loud engines, you will not like this. If you love steam gauges, you will call this bad names. If you like rivets and counting them, this will be a nightmare for you. If you do not know how to handle a LCD screen like a Garmin G1000, turn away.

Now... If you loved the movie Blade Runner, constantly ask yourself 'why dont we have flying cars yet???', love new vehicles and keep up with the concept car shows, love the smell of plastic, into electric cars and green technologies, drool over new glass panel systems and space shuttle flight computer technologies, if you wonder what a plane for a family will be like in the year 2019, then get this!

I have created a manual for this, I think its 60 or 80 pages, I cant remember, filled with screenshots, easy to read, for people that skim through things.

I offer you the Avelina Elektra, Alpha series 'RG' by Lionheart Creations Ltd, the state of the art plane of the year 2019.

Bill
LHC

http://lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/Scrshot10802-1000x632.jpg

http://lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/Scrshot10733-1000x640.jpg

http://lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/Scrshot972-1000x639.jpg

PRB
January 14th, 2012, 10:58
Very nice, Bill!

Lionheart
January 14th, 2012, 11:02
Thanks Paul.

I guess I should tell people where its hiding.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Avellina

You can get the PDF manual here;

http://lionheartworld.net/av/Avelina_Manual.pdf

She should be available at SimMarket on Monday, and the FlightSimStore (Home of ORBX) should have it there also very soon.

AussieMan
January 14th, 2012, 13:06
Adding another great Lionheart aircraft to my hangar.

P38man
January 14th, 2012, 13:23
Finally!

Just purchased and am downloading now.

Fits right next to my Skylark, Kodiak, Epic Victory and LT planes - you make such immersive great planes Bill!

The link to the Avelina needs .html in it btw.

EDIT: I have 2 problems, Bill.
1) the pilot looks strange - part of his face is blue and his head, rest of face and body seems to be a mishmash of random textures
2) with my Matroxtriplehead2go I always have to sit a fraction back from where you are supposed to. This does mean if I turn my head all the way around without leaning forward slightly seats in some planes will be "broken" slightly. However on this plane the head rest is in front of my face, if I go closer then I have to look way down to see the dash and controls. Is there any way of making the front seat's back either dissapear or have it quite a lot further back ?

Note: I have a non-standard 4320 by 900 resolution - so it may only be my problem.

The plane itself is breathtaking! Love the way the wings move slightly while flying.

The systems and two display screens with their depth of modelling and functionality are a massive achievement and really add to the immersiveness.

Late edit: the pilot looks perfect on the Arctic white but is a mess on the Gurion Blue version, hope that helps.

Lionheart
January 14th, 2012, 17:32
Hey P38 Man,

A late edit on a pilot indeed shows a non-flipped edited pilots texture in the Ben Gurion bird. I am recompiling the installers now. I'll post the texture online in a bit.

IF you are flying with Track IR, try leaning back and resetting, then move back to your normal position. Even with head latency settings, I moved the vision point forward. If it is just not right on your rig, you can custom set the vision point much farther forward to help you out in not going behind the seat. Ive been testing and flying her for weeks. When you are behind the polygons of the seat, you cannot click on buttons. I always adjust forward so that doesnt happen. FSX 'can' for a moment spike back enough to hinder button touches, but its only for that one moment. And, even with that, I moved it farther forward 'again' this morning before releasing. Its been fine for me. So, if you are using TrackIR, move back, reset, and then go to normal position and you will not be in the seat.

I was doing this; sit up straight, reset TrackIR, then relax and lean back, and every time, I was going into the seat. Drove me nuts till I realised was I was doing.

Recompiling the installers, back in a bit.

Bill

AussieMan
January 14th, 2012, 17:55
G'day Bill. Got the aircraft installed and loooooooove it. Bit taken aback when I cracked the throttle open a little for start up on the electric mode and the prop started spinning immediately.

Also with the paintkit could you please make the kit so it is also compatible with Paint Shop Pro. Reason I ask is that I have PSP but not Photoshop and can't get my head around Gimp yet.

Lionheart
January 14th, 2012, 18:27
Hey guys,

The pilot is now fixed. You can download him here. This is for the Ben Gurion paint scheme only;

http://lionheartworld.net/av/Victory_Pilot.zip

Bill
LHC

Lionheart
January 14th, 2012, 18:29
G'day Bill. Got the aircraft installed and loooooooove it. Bit taken aback when I cracked the throttle open a little for start up on the electric mode and the prop started spinning immediately.

Also with the paintkit could you please make the kit so it is also compatible with Paint Shop Pro. Reason I ask is that I have PSP but not Photoshop and can't get my head around Gimp yet.

Hey Pat,

I do not have PSP nor do I know how to adapt to PSP from PS. My humble apologies. I can tell you I work in PS 6.0. Thats about it. I almost live under a rock in the tools that I use. I use only certain things and thats all I know. I dont know Gimp or PSP at all.

Again, my humble apologies.

Bill

EDIT: I have heard that PSP opens up older PS 6.0 PSD files. Shouldnt be a problem.

Lionheart
January 14th, 2012, 18:31
Installers are all now running with the proper pilot texture. You will not need an update if you buy now. Also, if you already purchased, just download that one texture.

Bill
LHC

Dain Arns
January 14th, 2012, 19:25

I use PSP too, and have trouble opening PS saved files.

A trick I use is to first open the paint kit files in GIMP.
Then 'Save' the file using GIMP.
After that I can open most of those paint kit files with PSP.
It's worth a try...

Dain Arns
January 14th, 2012, 19:52
Thank you, Bill!
I've been waiting for this one since I first spotted it on your web site.
I love the VC!

AussieMan
January 14th, 2012, 20:34
Hey Pat,

I do not have PSP nor do I know how to adapt to PSP from PS. My humble apologies. I can tell you I work in PS 6.0. Thats about it. I almost live under a rock in the tools that I use. I use only certain things and thats all I know. I dont know Gimp or PSP at all.

Again, my humble apologies.

Bill

EDIT: I have heard that PSP opens up older PS 6.0 PSD files. Shouldnt be a problem.

No worries mate. I will find a way.

P38man
January 14th, 2012, 21:49
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the pilot fix.

Thanks very much for your answer, I read your post carefully but no Bill that is not the problem (I did not explain well) - in my case I need to be further back than the seat allows in order to have a tolerable view. I can easily sit in the right position on the seat, no problem there BUT in that position the dash is too far down and I have to bend my head to see it too much to be tolerable. Basically from the last picture you posted above you can see the angle of the view if you imagine someone sitting in it....now for my setup only (which is not a normal one - 4320 by 900) this is a real problem.

I have Trackir and have made it very easy to look down from how it comes out of the box. I am OK with every other plane I have (and I have many). I use a combination of zoom settings and leaning to set the trackir etc. All the A2A planes, Classics Hangar, yours, GAS whatever allow this but because this layout is based on a car (the seat is more forward) I cannot go back enough without the seat blocking my view.

The only solution to my problem I can see is not really a possible one - that is to remove the seat (the back and the bottom or just the back) so I can be allowed to go back as far as I want.

As it is there is no other solution I can think of.

It would seem to me this plane is therefore not exactly compatible with a non-standard high-def resolution as the view is not tolerable (my neck is hurting from my short flight).

Of course no plane is strictly expected to work on such a setup as I have. So not your fault as it is not an error in your plane.

I cannot use the plane however that is OK, not a big problem in the grand scheme of things - my fault really for having an unusual setup and I accept that fully.

modelr
January 15th, 2012, 07:41
Bill

Looks fantastic. I may have to get this one, just to see how well you did the electrics, lol. The reason I say that, is that I have gone all electric in my R/C planes, and your description of the systems follows mine to a "T", including the fact that "you don't "idle" the engine, you pull the power and the prop stops." And they are very quiet. The only noise is the prop tips, if you are not running a silent prop.

There was an electric powered ultralight at Oshkosh this year, and the systems he was using were almost identical to the ones in my planes, (just a lot more of them!) He could fly for nearly an hour, as I recall.

I am more into the classics,(I fly the Pasped Skylark a LOT,) but this one peeks my curiosity. I like it.

Don

Lionheart
January 15th, 2012, 12:06
I cannot use the plane however that is OK, not a big problem in the grand scheme of things - my fault really for having an unusual setup and I accept that fully.

Im sorry P38Man. I would offer you another one of my planes, but they all have seats as well that are normal person layout. I think they might all do the same thing.

Let me know what I can do.

Bill

Lionheart
January 15th, 2012, 12:26
Bill

Looks fantastic. I may have to get this one, just to see how well you did the electrics, lol. The reason I say that, is that I have gone all electric in my R/C planes, and your description of the systems follows mine to a "T", including the fact that "you don't "idle" the engine, you pull the power and the prop stops." And they are very quiet. The only noise is the prop tips, if you are not running a silent prop.

There was an electric powered ultralight at Oshkosh this year, and the systems he was using were almost identical to the ones in my planes, (just a lot more of them!) He could fly for nearly an hour, as I recall.

I am more into the classics,(I fly the Pasped Skylark a LOT,) but this one peeks my curiosity. I like it.

Don

Hey Don,

Exactly! The RC market is now perhaps 80% electric now, with mainly the huge planes being still petrol and jet. The newer batteries and motors that have come out in just one year are so massively advanced from last year, and 10X that of the year before. A super small motor now will outperform a half/flashlight sized motor of 2 years ago, and the batteries last 100% longer, where they held a mass use of 100% for 5 min's, now they are like 10 and 15 min's, and liter, and smaller.

The same is with the planes now that are electric.

The Boeing experiment that is going on in England uses a 'fuel cell' battery, (sort of a basic form of fusion). It flies along, almost silently, but it requires pure liquid oxygen or something exotic, and another pure 'something' (Helium?) to run the fuel cell. Thats some huge costs, but what if you could make the 'elements' that would fuel a fuel cell??? For instance, you could have a solar array at your house that runs a distillery that distills Hydrogen from water. So, you have a water tank, that has an electro-process system that makes your 'hydrogen' from a solar powered system. The exhaust from burning hydrogen is pure water and air, lol... It would 'help' the environment and its home made.

One guy even had a car that he adapted to water, had a built in distiller. He was on the news, ran it to work every day for over a year. He also made a chemical welder (like a wire feed plasma) except this ran on water instead of oxy and helium or what ever they use with torches. But... he disappeared! lol... I still have that news story stored somewhere of that thing. He put like 30,000 miles on that car, running water in it, converting it to hydrogen in the system.

On the Avelina, I have 'fictional' futuristic items of technology that are now 'just' coming out. The batteries would be in cases about the size of a portable electric drill box case, (has the drill, charger, spare batteries in it, built in handle on the case, for carrying 'everything' in. My idea was a battery that would be that size, about 18" wide, 15" deep, and 3" high, (like a small brief case) and the battery would be layed with aerogel (super lite material, almost invisible, density is almost zero mass) and have sheets of nano-tube carbon to hold the electrons. These tubes are now being produced, and at Steve Jobs University, they have found that you can paint this stuff on a sheet of carbon paper and its a battery. Super lite, carries the charge well. Paper batteries.... lol.. So, on the Avelina, you have these batteries that line the wings cores, and the nose, and you can slip them out the tops of the wings (flip up panels) and slip in new batteries if you needed to instantly replace them, which would take perhaps 30 min's max if you are slow. Lite weight units. So, if you were flying in Era Alaska, hauling people around, if you needed to, you could do a complete battery changeout, place them on chargers, fit the new ones in, charged and ready.

EDIT: Note that the Avelina would have perhaps 20 of these futuristic batteries per grid location; left and right wings, and the nose compartment.

'My own' thoughts also on batteries would be that you could totally take them apart yourself and service them. This would make them more user friendly to own.

And... (you just had to bring up RC's, lol), the motors in real life are incredibly powerful (that have good power ratings, such as say 100 or 150 or 200 HP. Constant torque ranges. They are awesome propulsion systems, but they do eat energy, just like a gas engine, but not a liquid, but electrons. The weight is also not shed like petrol, its burned out on an atomic scale, not gallons per hour.

Its interesting, electric propulsion. We have had electric cars since perhaps the early 1900's. The president of the USA had one in I think 1908. A very nice one as well, production car at that time. We lost the yearnings for electric propulsion long ago, and I think now, in todays society, it has come back 'big time'. If only GM realised what they had back then and how the economy would take a turn. Their little electric coupe was AWESOME, and they scrapped it instead of embracing it... GOOFBALLS...! man..

Anyways, happy flying. Remember guys to skim through the manual. There is also a checklist in the middle screen. You can access a zoom view of the Infoscreen in the VC via the A key, which has many views built in.

Bill

whitney17
January 15th, 2012, 14:11
Hi Bill,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Sale Active" on Monday on your website. Are both versions, FSX and FS9, going to be on sale for $28.95? I'm getting back a little into FS9 and would like to get both versions, but $57.90 would be a bit steep.

Thanks,

Joe

Roger
January 15th, 2012, 14:20
It maybe a "concept" aircraft but wow! Bill's put a lot of "future" stuff in here but like the best sci-fi it's all based in what is close to our event horizon right now. Great stuff Bill:applause:

hey_moe
January 15th, 2012, 15:25
All I can say is WOW the detail is sweet and she flys great...outstanding job again Bill...you da man :wavey::applause:

P38man
January 15th, 2012, 15:46
Im sorry P38Man. I would offer you another one of my planes, but they all have seats as well that are normal person layout. I think they might all do the same thing.

Let me know what I can do.

Bill

Hi Bill,

No need to be sorry at all its not your fault. I still feel you are not quite getting my point though so please allow me just to explain an aspect one more time only - I have almost all your other planes and there is no problem with them for me - no problem with the Epic Victory, Skylark, Epic Lt nor Kodiak nor A2A planes nor Carenado nor GAS nor Classics Hangars nor Aerosoft nor many others.

The key point is this - It is a very very fine thing you see. The seat and dash arrangement in the Avelina is just a combination of a fraction closer and a slightly steeper angle - just that tiny amount each.

I have decided to fly it completely without trackir and without a "full" view rather than create a hassle for something that really is my fault.

I really do appreciate your kind offer.

My personal opinion and feedback for others is this may not be the plane for someone with a HD resolution with Matrox as it is the only plane I have come across either payware or freeware with this issue with my setup.

Roadburner440
January 15th, 2012, 15:56
Very nice aircraft! I am going to have to pick this one up. Like electric technologies, and love my electric car. In the back of my mind however I can only wonder like with the car if you are about to run out of electric juice while flying that it becomes a glider with a prop. :icon_lol:

As I side note kind of get peeved when people refer to electrics as "green" technology. More efficient certaintly since each gallon of gasoline has a BTU equivelent of 33.7kwh, and you are not giving off most of the energy as waste heat. However the electricity comes from somewhere. I charge my Chevy Volt with coal. Negates the green part, but helps keep my fellow Virginian's employed.

AussieMan
January 15th, 2012, 16:46
P38Man, have you tried to change the point of view in the aircraft cfg? You can move the seat back as well as lower the POV.

Lionheart
January 15th, 2012, 16:57
Many thanks guys for the kind words.

Roger that P38Man on the wide angle issue. I understand.

Hi Bill,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Sale Active" on Monday on your website. Are both versions, FSX and FS9, going to be on sale for $28.95? I'm getting back a little into FS9 and would like to get both versions, but $57.90 would be a bit steep.

Thanks,

Joe

Hello Joe,

Going on Sale meant going on Sale (Released) only, not being on a special.

It will go on a special sale sometime in the future, and I am sure SimMarket and FlightSimStore in Aus will do a 2 version discount on those. I'll post here when I find out.

I can understand how 'sale' can have dual meanings; for sale and on a special discount. Its not on discount right now.

I have nicknamed the Avelina 'Gauge Monster' over at FSDeveloper.com. With all the coding that went into it, it is indeed a gauge monster.

Very nice aircraft! I am going to have to pick this one up. Like electric technologies, and love my electric car. In the back of my mind however I can only wonder like with the car if you are about to run out of electric juice while flying that it becomes a glider with a prop.

Roadburner440

Hey RoadRunner,

Yep, it will indeed become a glider, just like a plane that runs out of fuel, same thing.

We have a golf cart that is electric. It gets boggy as you run it low into the red. I wanted the Avelina to do this, but we couldlnt find a solid way of lowering power output as the fuel (electrical voltage level) got below 25%. One idea was to flip on an invisible spoiler lever, and add to it, so that the speed would drop, but the RPM would still be up, and that didnt seem right to me, or 'realistic'. Lowering the overall output was the thing that was needed, and I wanted this for FS9 also, so it had to work in both sims equally. We never did come up with a good system to 'lower' the power automatically when it was nearly drained.

But....! We do have some cool flashings and things that happen as you are nearing full drain. A red font will flash accross the screen 'Danger Low Voltage!', and the LCD screens darken incrementally. Then finally, blip.. prop loses power, motors are off line, screens are black.

But, before you run out of power, you can turn on the APU recharger and run off of that. Only you must kick that in 15 min's before you drain the Batts. It takes 15 min's for the first electrical dump of voltage into the grids, which will appear as 50% power. (50% power was the least amount of power we could do. I didnt want that, I wanted 10% fillup per every 10 Mins, but FS has alot of limitations on what all we can do. 50% fuel was the least, so we did a total time for the APU at 1 hour, and a 50% recharge at 15 mins mainly for the 'general' flight sim pilots. 30 Mins was more realistic for 50% power with 'exotic' futuristic systems years from now. At least you could run the plane on the APU without using batteries, and the MAIN design of the craft is to only run on the Batts and never have to use the APU. The hybrid APU is only for emergencies, though I think real time pilots would probably want to use a fuel system based propulsion as they are used to those.

But anyways.... I am waiting for someone to drop in a loud ole Lycomming soundpack in it, lol... What a difference that would make. :d

Bill

Gdavis101
January 16th, 2012, 12:39
Looking forward to trying out the FSX version!! :applause:

jeansy
January 16th, 2012, 15:16
The vc looks amazing These aren't my type of plane but after looking at the vc I'm going to have to get oneWell done

Thoe6969
January 16th, 2012, 17:23
P38Man, have you tried to change the point of view in the aircraft cfg? You can move the seat back as well as lower the POV. Go to your FSX in game controler settings and set a button for( moving eyepoint back) and one for forward,and use shift backspace on your keyboard to lower your eyepoint.

P38man
January 16th, 2012, 18:27
Go to your FSX in game controler settings and set a button for( moving eyepoint back) and one for forward,and use shift backspace on your keyboard to lower your eyepoint.

Thanks guys - moving the eyepoint solves 1 of the 2 viewing issues at a time (being able to see the view vs being able to see the dash) but never both at the same time.

Complicated by a view of only 900 in height vs 4320 in width (for some reason depsite trying could not get the 1024 in height to stick with my monitors - that is the way it goes with Matrox)

Constantly switching is something I have been doing using my joystick with trackir off to change direction and zoom of view and at times resetting my Trackir by sitting right up then pressing the key (does the same thing exactly as moving the eyepoint- can do back and forward as well).

Because of the chair back blocking the view when I am looking at both the dash and the view then when I look at the dash then that is all I can see, when I look at the view I cannot see any of the dash - they are mutually exclusive - I really mean this in an extreme way not a fussy way (hurts my neck)

Maybe one of you could tell me if this is possible - if I could use Trackir 100% of the time and have a button that would switch the eyepoint between 2 exactly defined eye positions ?

It would be a LOT better than no trackir.
(rather than just moving the position and needing to hold the key until I get there)

Lionheart
January 16th, 2012, 20:01
A bug has been uncovered. This is related to the 'Cruise Control' system, speed control. Its malfunctioning. It was doing this in FS9 and we thought we had it taken care of, but its back in FSX. As soon as we can figure out why its doing this (we never figured that out), we will issue a fix.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Bill

P38man
January 19th, 2012, 05:25
Well I am very embarrassed and have egg all over my silly face.

Bottom line is the Avelina works perfect now with my Matrox 4320 by 900. When I say perfect I mean 100%!!!

Without getting into complexities the solution (and the real problem) was to change my FOV hack setting.
As you adjust the hack back and forth yoiu either also get an increasing or decreasing "goldfish bowl" effect depending upon the zoom which meant with the eyepoint in front of the seat I could not zoom back without too much "goldfish bowl" effect so I thought I needed to sit back further (which would have had the increased view without the golfish bowl effect).

Without the Fovhack this problem could not even arise and with the Fovhack the adjustment wasn't even big. Sorry everyone and especially kind Bill.

On the positive I just flew out of Dunedin in the blue version (the interior is unbelievable!) and had one of the greatest and most immersive flights I have ever had in FSX. The systems in the Avelina are just great fun.

Lionheart
January 19th, 2012, 07:59
Hey P38Man,

Awesome to hear. Glad its all working right for you now. This will help you with other planes as well that might have similar cockpit dimensions.

A three screen setup must be pretty awesome to fly in.

Bill

Thoe6969
January 19th, 2012, 11:08
Awsome little plane,all the little creature comforts a man could ask for and flies great.I can see me putting a lot of hours on this one.

imn2sims
January 19th, 2012, 12:52
I would LOVE to see a video of the Avelina in action. I have all the other Lionheart FSX aircraft and all are great. I'm leaning heavily toward the purchase of this one (I also fly electric RC planes) and maybe this would give me that little push :wiggle:.

Steve

Lionheart
January 21st, 2012, 16:59
I would LOVE to see a video of the Avelina in action. I have all the other Lionheart FSX aircraft and all are great. I'm leaning heavily toward the purchase of this one (I also fly electric RC planes) and maybe this would give me that little push .

Steve

I have been trying to get the videos going on this, but my frames have been horrible when taping. I'll see if I can link in a 3rd HD for taping to when filming tomorrow and see if I can get something shot.

P38man
January 21st, 2012, 19:06
The Avelina near Mount Fuji.

Near Osaka.

(have installed the freeware major cities, full country mesh and Mount Fuji plus payware Aerosim's Kansai).

imn2sims
January 21st, 2012, 19:17
I have been trying to get the videos going on this, but my frames have been horrible when taping. I'll see if I can link in a 3rd HD for taping to when filming tomorrow and see if I can get something shot.

Thanks, appreciate and looking forward to seeing it :salute:.

Steve

fsafranek
January 22nd, 2012, 08:36
Looks beautiful and the gauge arrangement makes me want to
unhook the joystick and use the old yoke I have somewhere.
:ernae:

crashaz
January 23rd, 2012, 09:25
Sweet little plane... will have to get this! Will be able to say then that I HAvelina. :icon_lol:

Aww I crack myself up.... BTW you can use that for your marketing Bill.:icon_lol:

Here are some in formation:

b52bob
January 25th, 2012, 07:28
Bill,

Just picked up the plane last night and I must say it is rather unique. I love it!

Have you thought about sending a copy to Flying magazine? I can see them doing an article on it.

Bob

Lionheart
January 25th, 2012, 08:01
Hey Bob,

Many thanks and I'll send it their way at Flying magazine.

@Crashaz,

ha ha. :d It does sound like Havelina, and we have tons of those here. Avelina, the word, is a name from Italy from long ago, meaning small bird.

crashaz
January 25th, 2012, 11:26
Hehehe, yep and spelled Javelina. Used to have a family of them come up to my condo and try to see if the trash can could be opened. Back when I was living in Fountain Hills just east of Scottsdale.

Lionheart
January 25th, 2012, 17:05
Hehehe, yep and spelled Javelina. Used to have a family of them come up to my condo and try to see if the trash can could be opened. Back when I was living in Fountain Hills just east of Scottsdale.

I know Fountain Hills well! Well, I have driven through there a few times. Nice area. Near the reservation. That giant Swiss fountain would shoot water up about a 1,000 feet.

Lionheart
January 25th, 2012, 17:10
I have launched 2 repaint packs for the Avelina. This is number one. Its called the 'Slipstream Blue' theme repaint package and features 2 versions of interiors. Exterior is blue metallic stripes on bright white, with a grey leather interior and Chechen wood veneer trim on one interior, and gray and blue leather with blue stained burled wood on the secondary interior, so two packages/repaints in one. This has also both FSX and FS2004 versions in it, so its a big download. The FS2004 version has 888-8 32bit high rez textures, and the FSX version is in DDS DXT5 format with primary textures at 2048 pixels size for nice, crisp resolution. The package was just uploaded to Simviation.com, Flightsim.com and AVSIM.com. I'll try to upload here as well.

Lionheart
January 25th, 2012, 17:15
This is the second repaint pack, a variation of the blues converted into browns. This is the Sonoran package and features 2 versions of 'exteriors' this time, both with the same interior. This features metallic brown stripes on a cream white exterior, and brown and tan leather interior with Chechen burled wood veneer on the interiors. This is a dual pack (again) and also comes in both FSX and FS2004 versions (again) so its also a large download, I think about 85 megs like the last one. These also feature 32bit high rez textures in the FS2004 version pack, and DDS DXT5 2048's on the FSX version pack. One version of these features the 'Phoenix Bird' petroglyph from the Nasca plateau as the cowling decal and rudder decals. The secondary version is clean, no glyphs, just raw stripage.

EDIT: oops.. I lied. That isnt Chechen burled wood. That is sort of a fruitwood, orangish brown, which goes nicely with the goldish colored coppery stripe on the exterior. :S

Also note the nice BMW looking ventilated 'perforated' leather inserts. Kind of stretched looking in some area's, but has that look of vented leather. I wanted to see if I could make that sort of texture in FS. Photo real would have been much nicer, but where to find such textures..?

Roger
January 25th, 2012, 22:56
Very nicely done Bill!

Lionheart
January 26th, 2012, 16:38
Thanks Roger.

Man, I did another. I am supposed to be working on the newest bird but I had a bit of 'paint fumes addiction'.... :S

From that last screenshot, you can see that even though she has a wide wingspan, she has a very wide fuselage. She has the same width inside as a medium to large sedan.
Not a large sedan, but a upper medium sedan, such as an older Infiniti Q-45, which I took the measurements from.

Fun to make, but man, it is very difficult to create your 'own' plane and make it realistic. I changed its shape, wings, widths, lengths so many times. I must have made 10 different dash boards. I dont even know how I was able to strike up the design for the instrumentation. I just started inking in some graphics and it wound up into what it became. It was very grim and rough in the beginning... Lots o poly bending.....! 8-0)))

OleBoy
January 26th, 2012, 16:46
Keep on "huffing" those fumes, Bill. Just kidding of course :icon_lol: WOW! The depth looks, I hear a chainsaw! A distant, "timber!" Darn beavers. :mixedsmi:

P38man
January 26th, 2012, 17:58
The new paint jobs look awesome! Love the last one especially (external). Love the first new one - light blue for the internal.

You did an incredible job on inventing the Avelina. :applause:

I love putting the windows down and as I take off they go up automatically with a lovely car-windows sound then beep beep up goes the auto landing gear.:jump:

The solar panels on the wings (if you choose to have them) are awesome.

Next flight will be a long one to use up the batteries and then (15 mins before running out) use the Bio recharge APU.

whitney17
January 27th, 2012, 13:12
Bill,

What's the "newest bird" going to be?:jump: Also, how's the fix for the "speed control" on the FSX Avelina coming?

Joe

Lionheart
January 27th, 2012, 14:18
Hey Joe,

We came out with update 1.1 for the FSX version, the speed control is mostly all fixed. There is a very slight deviation, but rarely now. The airspeed was reading differently then how FS reads or logs or shows its airspeed setting, so that was the main issue and why it was off per altitude, etc. It was correct, but the ASI was reading differently then the locked font was showing.

New plane will be a Diamond DA40. I think they are pretty sharp looking birds. I got factory permisssion and already have the model finished, and now it needs to be setup in FS, animations finished, etc.

Bill

gradyhappyg
January 27th, 2012, 14:22
Is the update a patch or just redownload the whole installer?

Lionheart
January 27th, 2012, 15:38
Redownload the entire thing. It ranged from airfiles to the model mesh to gauges and XML tunes to paint textures, so the entire thing needs to be reloaded.

:S

I know... Its huge. I was going to have 12 paint schemes in this. Bringing it down to 7 really helped bring the file size down.

Bill

gradyhappyg
January 28th, 2012, 01:00
No problem.
Thanks for your reply.

whitney17
January 28th, 2012, 12:44
Hey Joe,

We came out with update 1.1 for the FSX version, the speed control is mostly all fixed. There is a very slight deviation, but rarely now. The airspeed was reading differently then how FS reads or logs or shows its airspeed setting, so that was the main issue and why it was off per altitude, etc. It was correct, but the ASI was reading differently then the locked font was showing.

New plane will be a Diamond DA40. I think they are pretty sharp looking birds. I got factory permisssion and already have the model finished, and now it needs to be setup in FS, animations finished, etc.

Bill

Cool!:applause: Any feedback on the Icon A5, I asked you about a while back?

Joe

Lionheart
January 28th, 2012, 16:45
Hey Joe,

Frankly, I Have been soooooo dang busy with this latest plane, working on coordinating the Diamond, that I havent had a single chance to even contact them.

But... . It appears they have one made for Flight, and it will be FREE.. :D

txnetcop
January 29th, 2012, 06:34
Bill you RAISED THE BAR!!! OUTSTANDING Brother!!!
Ted

Lionheart
January 29th, 2012, 08:33
Thanks Ted.

So.... No one has noted the male pilots watch yet?

:(

I was playing around with the idea of an Alienware designer watch (like a Fossil/Apple iPod) but by Alienware, using the famous Karet font (was supposedly Alien and Alienware uses it), and the watch can interact with the aircraft with certain functions, like prewarm up, lock/unlock, GPS location, etc.

I created my own version of the font with a font program with the fonts based on 'appearance' of looking like regular English characters. If you note on the bottom of the right side blue screen 'clock mode', you can read Avelina on the bottom line.

kilo delta
January 29th, 2012, 09:46
Thanks Ted.

So.... No one has noted the male pilots watch yet?

:(

I was playing around with the idea of an Alienware designer watch (like a Fossil/Apple iPod) but by Alienware, using the famous Karet font (was supposedly Alien and Alienware uses it), and the watch can interact with the aircraft with certain functions, like prewarm up, lock/unlock, GPS location, etc.

I created my own version of the font with a font program with the fonts based on 'appearance' of looking like regular English characters. If you note on the bottom of the right side blue screen 'clock mode', you can read Avelina on the bottom line.

Actually ,Alienware did release some limited edition AW branded watches (made by Fossil). I've got one of the first batch.

Lionheart
January 29th, 2012, 20:09
Damn... That is pretty cool! I'll have to look for that.

Thanks Larry.

Bill