PDA

View Full Version : Not news, but I have a question.

Bone
January 14th, 2012, 06:00
For some reason now, when I use Internet Explorer 9 I am unable to log onto some of my fave websites. I first noticed it about a month ago when it only effected one site. Now it effects 3 sites. It's like the log on process hangs up in the middle. I did reinstall IE9, but the problem persists. Any ideas, other than "use Firefox or Chrome" ? I do have those browsers, but I tend to like IE....go ahead and laugh, but it's true. Any help would be appreciated.

Ickie
January 14th, 2012, 06:05
try, log out and shut down IE9 and delete your cookies.
restart IE9 and log back in, see if this helps.

hairyspin
January 14th, 2012, 06:05
Maybe go back to IE8? I haven't upgraded yet.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=43

scroll down for Vista versions etc.

Bone
January 14th, 2012, 06:08
OK thanks. I use crap cleaner to delete cookies about every other day, and I have rebooted a number of times. I have considered going back to IE8. I will if this doesn't get sorted out.

modelr
January 14th, 2012, 07:01
You're not going to believe this, but when mine started doing that a couple months ago, it turned out to be my router. It was was blocking a couple different websites completely, and others I couldn't download from. Changed browsers, and it work for a couple months and started blocking them again. The error codes I was getting were checked out on the Windows help forums, and were being recieved by more than just a few people, and confirmed to be caused by the router. Installed a new one, all errors and problems gone.

Bone
January 14th, 2012, 19:23
You're not going to believe this, but when mine started doing that a couple months ago, it turned out to be my router. It was was blocking a couple different websites completely, and others I couldn't download from. Changed browsers, and it work for a couple months and started blocking them again. The error codes I was getting were checked out on the Windows help forums, and were being recieved by more than just a few people, and confirmed to be caused by the router. Installed a new one, all errors and problems gone.

Hmmm, very interesting, you could be on to something. I've had a few issues with my router and have almost decided to get a new one. I never thought this current prob could be associated with the router. Thanks.

aeromed202
January 14th, 2012, 19:42
If you haven't already, consider running FSecure Online Scanner. I suspected a browser hijack when I would choose a link and went somewhere not quite where I thought it would go. ADAware, Malwarebytes, MSE, Spybot turned up nothing but FSecure did and it was what I thought.

robert41
January 14th, 2012, 19:43
I had a similar problem, could not get to one website. Next day I checked it at work and no problem. Came home, and nada. Tried another computer at home, and the same thing, no go. After some searching online, I read something about the IP address the router uses can cause certain websites to be blocked. Solution is to reset the IP address. Unplug the router for a few minutes, plug it back in and it will use another address. This fixed my problem.