PDA

View Full Version : Alright! who can i blame this time....

Matt Wynn
January 13th, 2012, 08:35
after reading about all your exploits here I recently dug out my old save and mods, and i'm back patrolling.... in the way that i do.... y'know.... ram fighters, and only shoot at things that qualify as a threat although i suspect with these at my disposal firing upon me may not be wise.... :icon_lol:

anyways... enjoy....

Lionheart
January 13th, 2012, 17:39
Welcome back Matt!

Love the Galaxy Class. What an awesome ship.

Did you see the Romulan Bird of Prey? Freaking huge! Dwarfs Enterprize.....

Lionheart
January 13th, 2012, 17:40
Makes me want to go in and make some ships.. Where is the time!??@(&(*

Matt Wynn
January 13th, 2012, 23:37
yeah makes me want to create some new Trek ships.... if only i knew how to get them into game and settings in 3DS....

Lionheart
January 14th, 2012, 04:06
They have a tutorial at Egosoft, but they use Gmax, and it only gets you to the point of getting it into the game, where you have to put in its various... like airfiles for them. I never did get past that part. There is a dev that hangs out at SOH and FSDeveloper that made some for the Apricot series. We should see if we can find him and get the details on exporting through that part.

I'll see if I can find the tutorial. You can actually import ships out of X3 into Gmax and check out how they are made. Very cool.....

Lionheart
January 14th, 2012, 04:06
I may need a new, alternate way of work, so this could be good. :d

Matt Wynn
January 14th, 2012, 07:43
yeah, i need a change of scenery i think, recently kicked into FS Object design and have my own personal Design Federation Starship, the 'Stirling Class' after Sir David Stirling founder of the Special Air Service, it's quite a break from traditional federation design but as i say i'm a long way from done and the scale is leaving my mind aching as to what'll get seen and what won't :icon_lol:

but i'd love to find that X3:TC tutorial for the ships, if we figure it out for Max anyway.... :icon_lol:

Lionheart
January 14th, 2012, 13:40
Very cool! Sterling Class.. You should start making it now. We'll figure it out.

I want to make a Scout that is shaped like an upside down spoon; single warp nacelle, sort of a 'Voyager' saucer section, maybe a small hanger in the back of the disc area. It would be more like a large corvette rather then a big starship.

They had one back in the star trek days, it was like the Enterprize' saucer section, with one cylinder 'engine' nacelle hanging underneath. I have wanted to make a futuristic 'modern' design of it ever since I had seen that. Looks so cool... arrgh...

Bill

Matt Wynn
January 14th, 2012, 14:41
yeah i know the type you mean.... the USS Kelvin in the latest film is a neat design... Single Nacelle, Pod mounted shuttle bay.... but yeah i'll keep modelling the Sterling Class, she's a bit different.... by different i mean compared to these modern 'neckless' designs that are cropping up... like the Intrepid Class (USS Voyager) and the Prometheus Class.... i like that Neck, gives you some flexibility and an elegance to the design.... :kilroy:heres some more of my 'home fleet'.... the Sovereign is my personal ship at the moment, the flagship of my fleet.... and has a guard on station at all times when i'm not using it... a Defiant on Patrol and a Galaxy class on Quick Reaction Alert... who say's i'm not protective? :icon_lol: