PDA

View Full Version : Ship Wrecks

stoney
January 11th, 2012, 15:47
I keep getting a "cannot find model wf_ship_wreck _a; _b; and _c in library" in some sceneries that call for a wrecked ship. I have installed Wolfgang Faber's four different "ship wreck" object´s, but still get the missing object thing. I click through them and the scenery loads fine with out them however. Am I missing something?

Rami
January 12th, 2012, 00:37
Stoney,

You may want to look at the instructions again. When installing the ships, you actually put the folders into the SCENEDB\SHIPS folder to make them work, not the standard SHIPS folder like all of the others.

stoney
January 12th, 2012, 13:54
That's where I put 'em Rami..I checked to make sure the nomenclature was correct. Not a big deal as everything else in the scenery if fine. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 12th, 2012, 14:23
That's where I put 'em Rami..I checked to make sure the nomenclature was correct. Not a big deal as everything else in the scenery if fine. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

Did you remember to delete the filelist file?

stoney
January 13th, 2012, 14:01
Hmmm..my SCENEDB/ships/scenery dosen't seem to have a filelist file!!?? My game won't create a filelist file for the ships!
Could anyone suggest an answer as to why no filelist is created when I start up?

Jagdflieger
January 13th, 2012, 17:32
Did you add the names to the mdlenames.dat file?

"wf_ship_wreck_a"=ship wreck a-level-Wolfi
"wf_ship_wreck_b"=ship wreck b-port side-Wolfi
"wf_ship_wreck_c"=ship wreck c-bow high-Wolfi
"wf_ship_wreck_d"=ship wreck d-stern high-Wolfi

You can copy the updated info shots into your Info folder for the preview window in the Mission Builder.

stoney
January 14th, 2012, 13:18
Yes, thanks Jagdflieger. I did include the names as well. What has me perplexed is why the game will not create a filelist in the SCENEDB/ships. I deleted the first filelist when I added the wrecked ships, but nothing appeared afterwards!?

Devildog73
January 14th, 2012, 22:10
Yes, thanks Jagdflieger. I did include the names as well. What has me perplexed is why the game will not create a filelist in the SCENEDB/ships. I deleted the first filelist when I added the wrecked ships, but nothing appeared afterwards!?

Stoney,
Do all of your ships have a panel folder with a txt file in it and a sound folder with a txt file in it?
If CFS2 does not see the folder with a file in it looking like a cfg file, it will not load that ship,

Try using Morton's utility that is used to load and change aircraft in missions and campaigns and see if it lists your ships.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 15th, 2012, 04:39
Stoney,
Do all of your ships have a panel folder with a txt file in it and a sound folder with a txt file in it?
If CFS2 does not see the folder with a file in it looking like a cfg file, it will not load that ship,

Try using Morton's utility that is used to load and change aircraft in missions and campaigns and see if it lists your ships.

DD: The wrecks are not "Ships" as such. They are scenery objects with objects dp, bgl, texture and info files. They don't go into the ships folder as Rami pointed out above and thus don't have Texture Sound or Panel folders. The good thing is they don't count against your Ships limit.

Jagdflieger
January 16th, 2012, 06:53
You've probably already tried this, but as a test, you might install them into both your Ships folder as well as the Scenebd>Ships folder. Perhaps they might show up then.

stoney
January 16th, 2012, 13:10
Thanks guys. I'll try and put them in my ships folder and see. Still though, why no new filelist is beyond me. I have two other CFS2 installs (WWI and Pacific ) they DO create the filelist.??