View Full Version : RE: 2013 Dodge Dart

brad kaste
January 11th, 2012, 07:19
This is not your father's Dodge Dart......:icon_lol:

http://www.dodge.com/en/2013/dart/

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2013-dodge-dart-photos-and-info-news-1

OBIO
January 11th, 2012, 08:35
Way to go Dodge! Take another icon model name and slap it onto an ugly piece of crap in the misguided hope that those who cherished the original would swamp the dealerships to get their hands on one. Ugly little car with absolutely no connection to the original MOPAR monster of years gone by,

Maybe if they had followed the Challenger approach and brought fourth a car that looked like a modernized version of the Duster 340 RT, I would go for it. But not on a car that looks like a Fiat or Audi or some such ugliness.

OBIO

Naismith
January 11th, 2012, 10:54
Well said OBIO! Never been a particular Dodge fan myself (nor Chrysler for that matter) but this is just ugliness and a cheap ploy. I'm a Ford man at heart which is why I drive a Suzuki. lol
:mixedsmi:

Roadburner440
January 11th, 2012, 11:00
Well said OBIO! Never been a particular Dodge fan myself (nor Chrysler for that matter) but this is just ugliness and a cheap ploy. I'm a Ford man at heart which is why I drive a Suzuki. lol
:mixedsmi:

Was a Ford fan myself. Which is also why I drove a Mazda! :icon_lol:

mgchrist5
January 11th, 2012, 11:48
Way to go Dodge! Take another icon model name and slap it onto an ugly piece of crap in the misguided hope that those who cherished the original would swamp the dealerships to get their hands on one.

LOL, yep...that about sums it up. Dodge hit the target with the Charger and Challenger...but missed it by a mile with the Dart. Front drive and a turbo 4 cylinder is not the formula that most classic Dart fans would be looking for...no matter how fast it is...

fsafranek
January 11th, 2012, 12:32
I had a '70 Challenger about 20 years ago. Loved the look of that car. Still do. Originally slime green with a black vinyl roof. The guy I bought it from had removed the vinyl top and repainted the whole thing black. And made some upgrades to the engine. :jump:

When I was back in Colorado a couple weeks ago I spied a new Challenger parked in the barn next to stack of hay bales at my cousin's place. He said it was his wife's mid-life crisis car. Can't wait till this summer to go back out there and drive it (if she'll let me). Too much snow this last trip.
:ernae:

TARPSBird
January 11th, 2012, 15:53
My uncle had a '62 Dart, it was a good running car. It had the push-button automatic transmission. I had a '67 Dart, also a nice car but my Mom sold it after I went into the Navy. Cars nowadays are certainly not made for tall/wide people, I don't think I could squeeze myself into that 2013 Dart. :icon_lol:

Wulf190
January 11th, 2012, 16:32
After looking at the photos. I have to say the style does nothing for me. It looks like just another sedan on the road.

Willy
January 11th, 2012, 16:49
My first car was a 62 Dart with a 318 and push button automatic. I paid all of $35 for it.

SpitXIV
January 11th, 2012, 18:55
My uncle had a '62 Dart, it was a good running car. It had the push-button automatic transmission. I had a '67 Dart, also a nice car but my Mom sold it after I went into the Navy. Cars nowadays are certainly not made for tall/wide people, I don't think I could squeeze myself into that 2013 Dart. :icon_lol:

I remember that car 62 dart, we (My family) Had a 62 Station wagon that was Grape Purple. When we finally
had to get a new car, we had to leave it running beacause it would never start up again. This was in 1970.

Bushpounder
January 12th, 2012, 01:55
I had a '69 Dart. It's a shame they did THAT to the brandname!

Don

Cazzie
January 12th, 2012, 04:40
New Dart is an Alfa-Romeo. Ugly front end, not uncommon these days. Best looking design for me is the 2013 Ford Fusion. Looks like an Astin-Martin from the front and an Audi from the rear.

56222 56223

rayrey10
January 12th, 2012, 07:18
I kinda like the front end. The grill looks a little bit like a Aston-Martin V-12 Vantage.

TARPSBird
January 12th, 2012, 13:11
I remember that car 62 dart, we (my family) Had a 62 Station wagon that was Grape Purple. When we finally had to get a new car, we had to leave it running beacause it would never start up again. This was in 1970.
Like your folks, my uncle was not one to trade in his cars frequently. When he got the '62 Dart he was still driving his original '54 Dodge Coronet 4-door (two-tone blue). Hardly a classic but a good Dodge product and he kept it in good shape. BTW if you do a quick online search you'll come up with some nice pics of the '62 Dart wagon. :)

SpitXIV
January 12th, 2012, 21:48
Like your folks, my uncle was not one to trade in his cars frequently. When he got the '62 Dart he was still driving his original '54 Dodge Coronet 4-door (two-tone blue). Hardly a classic but a good Dodge product and he kept it in good shape. BTW if you do a quick online search you'll come up with some nice pics of the '62 Dart wagon. :)

Push button transmissions were cool, just push drive and gas and you're moving. The Plymouth valiant had
push button transmission also. If you fold the back seat down in the Dart wagon you could put a small mattress in. We also had a 6 window Chevy Pickup Named Teddy betcha can't guess why?

;)

wombat666
January 12th, 2012, 23:34
Get used to it people.
The old days are gone, today's market is 'Global'.
Oil shortages and fuel prices rule.
:173go1: