PDA

View Full Version : New Campaign Revision

Shadow Wolf 07
January 10th, 2012, 10:59
I have updated/revised my USS Essex CV-9 Campaign. No new downloads are needed, I only made slight changes to some and added quite a few other missions. Thecampaign still has the player flying 50 missions but in the older version, that50 is out of 107 various mission choices. The revision has 50 out of 168 possibilities. I increased the chances of flying a fighteron each mission slightly, but the player may still find himself in an SBD or SB2C or in aTBF in some of the strike missions. In those (non fighter) optionsthere is a 33 percent chance the player will be flying as a wingman, ratherthan as flight leader.

I changed the MS Word and notepad supporting documents to PDF format to reduce paperwork. And I have finished tweaking the older missions, building thewingman variants and adding them to the cmg. I checked that the campaign file (cmg) loads correctly – it does. So all I have to do now is fly the campaign totest it and then I can upload it for you all. :running:

Rami
January 10th, 2012, 11:36
Shadow Wolf 07,

It sounds great, just give me a holler if you want me to replace the original.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 10th, 2012, 12:34
Shadow Wolf 07,

It sounds great, just give me a holler if you want me to replace the original.

I know how to do that with the "edit" function. Thanks. But if I do get lost, I'll contact you for help.

Also, i used an alpha-numeric naming sequence so that the missions are in chronologicsl order by title.

Jagdflieger
January 10th, 2012, 20:48
Good on you Shadow Wolf.

Funny how just when you think you've got something tweeked and modified to perfection, you discover something new to do.

John Pirnie
January 11th, 2012, 08:29
I have updated/revised my USS Essex CV-9 Campaign. No new downloads are needed, I only made slight changes to some and added quite a few other missions. Thecampaign still has the player flying 50 missions but in the older version, that50 is out of 107 various mission choices. The revision has 50 out of 168 possibilities. I increased the chances of flying a fighteron each mission slightly, but the player may still find himself in an SBD or SB2C or in aTBF in some of the strike missions. In those (non fighter) optionsthere is a 33 percent chance the player will be flying as a wingman, ratherthan as flight leader.

I changed the MS Word and notepad supporting documents to PDF format to reduce paperwork. And I have finished tweaking the older missions, building thewingman variants and adding them to the cmg. I checked that the campaign file (cmg) loads correctly – it does. So all I have to do now is fly the campaign totest it and then I can upload it for you all. :running:

Where in the Campaign downloads can I find this update, I am a little lost.
John

Shadow Wolf 07
January 11th, 2012, 10:19
Where in the Campaign downloads can I find this update, I am a little lost.
John

JP: I haven't uploaded the revised campaign yet. The original can be found in the Library Index, CFS2 Add ons, Campaigns, page 5 here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=44&sort=N&page=5&pp=15

John Pirnie
January 11th, 2012, 15:16
JP: I haven't uploaded the revised campaign yet. The original can be found in the Library Index, CFS2 Add ons, Campaigns, page 5 here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=44&sort=N&page=5&pp=15

I am so sorry I tought you had already uploaded it, my mistake
JP

Shadow Wolf 07
January 12th, 2012, 04:19
No problem. :) I start flight testing today after a 3 week lazy/holiday break. I will take my time but will probably finish by the end of the month. :applause: ...I hope.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 20th, 2012, 17:23
Moving along... I've flown 30 of the 50 campaign missions so far. I've made quite a few spelling corrections and typos in the briefings, changed wording of some victory conditions to make them clearer and even changed a few victory conditions (making some tougher and some easier). :running:

Shadow Wolf 07
January 21st, 2012, 12:03
I just flew the Manila raid mission as a wingman to an SB2C flight. It was difficult and challenging to stay in formation and follow the flight as the others made their divebombing attack on a transport at the wharf. After the 2 designated attacks I had to peel off and hit a couple of quick targets in order to make my victory conditions. I quickly caught up and we all warped back to the carrier. My only regret is that I didn't take any screen shots. It was fun! :jump:

I'm off next to execute some raids on Formosa next using Maskrider's scenery. It's non-GSL so I peppered the airstrips and harbors with destroyable objects, flak and opposing aircraft.

PS: I took these shots flying the mission as a single mission:

Eoraptor1
January 21st, 2012, 15:37
I just flew the Manila raid mission as a wingman to an SB2C flight. It was difficult and challenging to stay in formation and follow the flight as the others made their divebombing attack on a transport at the wharf. After the 2 designated attacks I had to peel off and hit a couple of quick targets in order to make my victory conditions. I quickly caught up and we all warped back to the carrier. My only regret is that I didn't take any screen shots. It was fun! :jump:

I'm off next to execute some raids on Formosa next using Maskrider's scenery. It's non-GSL so I peppered the airstrips and harbors with destroyable objects, flak and opposing aircraft.

PS: I took these shots flying the mission as a single mission:

Thanks Shadow Wolf. I'm getting back into CFS2 in a big way after a brief hiatus, and I'll be looking forward to this one.

JAMES

Shadow Wolf 07
January 23rd, 2012, 19:26
I made some changes to the Sibuyan Sea missions and made them surviveable. The VN IJN Tone heavy cruiser throws up entirely too much flak and Pen32Win's alternate dp pack doesn't have it included. I Used Usio's JMK Tone with Pen32Win's alternate dp instead. for the CA Tone and the CA Chikuma (her sister ship).

Screenshot from a raid on Formosa:

Shadow Wolf 07
January 25th, 2012, 06:46
I just finished Mission #42 - 8 more to go. I'm still making a few minor changes, but nothing major. Number 42 was the strike on Japanese shipping in Ormoc Bay. near Leyte. Talon is/was doing a more detailed version of this battle, including land based bombers.

Rami
January 27th, 2012, 10:36
Shadow Wolf,

Kudos on the new version, my friend. :applause:

Do you want me to take the revised campaign and replace the original, or do you want me to leave both of them up?

Shadow Wolf 07
January 27th, 2012, 10:36
Finished, packaged and uploaded to the que. :wavey:

Oglivie
January 27th, 2012, 20:14
Thanks, Shadow! Looks like fun.

:ernae:

Shadow Wolf 07
January 28th, 2012, 08:39
Thanks, Shadow! Looks like fun.

:ernae:

You're welcome. Enjoy! :salute: If this meets any acclaim, I will revise "Desperate Battles" in the same way - with an occasional random mission as a wingman and all missions listed in alpha-numeric chronological order.

Shadow Wolf 07
February 2nd, 2012, 05:37
...and being bored, with spare time on my hands, i went ahead and started the revision of "Desperate Battles" campaign too. I've finished the missions already, adding missions for the player to fly as a wingman and found and corrected a few errors in the existing missions. I also finished the new campaign .cmg. I added an alphabetical prefix identifier to the mission titles, so they are listed in chronological order in the Missions listing. The missions that have the player flying as a wingman have a "W" suffix identifier. IE: DB-AJ_HenersonAttack- -2AW .

All missions but three are carrier based (two are out of Henderson and one takes off from the water) with the carrier sailing into a 15 knot wind - takeoffs and landings are a lot easier. especially for a fully loaded SBD or TBF. I have loaded the revised campaign and test flown 3 of the 19 missions. I'm taking my time with the testing but should be finished in a week or so.

SW-07