PDA

View Full Version : How many TV's are in your home?

hey_moe
January 10th, 2012, 02:55
When I was growing up which by the way it seems like for ever ago...lol. We owned one TV. Now in this day and time homeowners own three to unlimited TV's. We have six in our home. We also have seven phones...lol. It's is unreal how times have changed and what we take for grant it :mixedsmi:

OBIO
January 10th, 2012, 02:59
2 TVs...a 42 inch HD Plasma in the living room and a 22 inch HD LED in the bed room.

2 phones...a Verizon cell and a SafeLink cell (via the US government due to my wife's disability status).

2 Puters.....mine, my wife's, and the old laptop we keep as a back up (and I use it for MDL tweaks since it is running XP as the OS).

OBIO

TARPSBird
January 10th, 2012, 03:23
We have a 2003 model 32" old-school CRT Panasonic TV in the living room - that's it.
In the computer room (a.k.a. man cave) we have a working but not used 19" Magnavox (remember them?) sitting on top of a dead 25" Zenith console. I know that sounds like one of those Jeff Foxworthy "You might be a redneck if..." qualifiers but the console is a b*tch to move so it has remained where it died. :icon_lol:

AndyG43
January 10th, 2012, 03:45
3 TVs; my flatmates have one each, and I have a 22" LG HDTV which doubles as a monitor.

Now, how often I can find something worth watching on one of those TVs, that is a different matter!! :icon_lol:

Mick
January 10th, 2012, 03:48
One TV

Two phones (upstairs & downstairs)

One confuter

kilo delta
January 10th, 2012, 03:58
47" LCD TV in the living room with htpc, Xbox 360/Kinect and surround sound speaker setup,
47" LCD TV in the kitchen with Linksys wireless N media extender and surround sound speaker setup,
17" LCD TV in son's bedroom with dvd,Xbox 1 and Playstation consoles connected,
17" LCD TV in daughter's bedroom with dvd and Xbox 1
Guest bedroom has my sim pc with 30" pc monitor
6 laptops, 7 desktops, 1x HP Touchpad, 4 android phones.... all capable of access to the 8TB of media on the NAS.

Yep...we're media junkies :kilroy:

grunau_baby
January 10th, 2012, 03:59
Here´s your shock for today: 1 TV, small (20") and not connected at all:kilroy:

Only used for watching movies (DVDs) ocasionally. All the news I get is via radio or livestream and websites.

I´m soo old skool I hardly believe it myself, I enjoy reading or music so much more I really consider hanging in front of the TV for hours a waste of time...:engel016:

Alex

Okami
January 10th, 2012, 04:03
1 TV, as there's always been... since 1948. (Not always the same one, of course!)

First few years must have been tedious, though - our first national channel didn't come on air until 1953!

Crusader
January 10th, 2012, 04:07
Four TV's :

27" LXI-CRT(remember those-My Dad brought it at ? Sears ? early 90's (still works !)
27" JVC-CRT I would guess is 13-14 years old (Still works!)
32" Samsung LCD Flat Screen HD-720p
50" Sony XRD(this is actually a Projection TV with the flat screen out front although it
has 1080p capability . Not a bad picture though but thinking of giving it to a relative
and springing for the newer Samsung LED(not the 3D) . I could probably pick one up
for what I paid for the Sony which is probably 5 or 6 years old . My Son has a 42"
Samsung-LCD 120 Hz and the picture is outstanding .

Six phones

Yep , times have changed . I remember the days my brother and I had to sit practically in front of the TV to see the screen(3 channels) and then my Dad would bitch because he couldn't see the screen . (Gunsmoke our favorite:icon_lol:)

Rich

deKoven
January 10th, 2012, 04:08
One TV, one phone and one puter. That's all, folks.

:guinness: :running:

stiz
January 10th, 2012, 04:12
TV? whats that? not had one in years and not missed it at all (watch what i want via the web!)

Terry
January 10th, 2012, 04:58
2 TV's, 2 PC's, and one phone in my pocket.

Cazzie
January 10th, 2012, 05:08
Three, mine rarely used save sports. But we have five computers, two laptops, and four tablets, any or all in constant use. :icon_lol:

Three home phones, four cells for each of us.

PRB
January 10th, 2012, 05:20
One.

rpjkw
January 10th, 2012, 05:31
Three, all 27" Sonys.
Four phones.
Two computers.

aeromed202
January 10th, 2012, 05:32
We've had three for many years and over the last two and a half have replaced the two big tube ones (got over 15 years out of those) with on-sale flat screens (be lucky to get half that). The third is a small under cabinet flip down in the kitchen (the envy of my richer relatives who wish they knew how I found it and how little we paid for it:icon_lol:)

wombat666
January 10th, 2012, 06:01
In the 'Bunker', one that is visible from the Moon, one in the 'Office' and one in the lounge area.
And I suppose I should include the one in the 'Bike Shop' ........... must keep up with all the Motorsport!
:ernae:

Phones?
One 'Mobile' for me and one for Sofie and 'Our' Satphone.
Home phones, IIRC around six wireless [it's a big house on three levels] ....... and two Desktop Puters [mine], plus two 'Airbooks' [one each.]
Not that we get much 'TV' time, or quality come to think of it.

Tako_Kichi
January 10th, 2012, 06:50
1 27" WS TV but no cable or satellite, it just picks up the local digital signals on a home-made antenna and is only really used to watch DVDs.

4 computers (2 on my desk, 1 on my wife's, 1 in my daughter's bedroom).

2 phones (1 desk phone, 1 portable).

No cell phone or tablets.

Navy Chief
January 10th, 2012, 06:54
I live in the lower level of my sister's house, here on Sanibel Island. But I've set up my apartment as a "man cave". All the electronic "creature comforts" I need:

Ceiling-mounted DLP projector, with a 6 ft by 8 ft drop down wall screen. The DLP projector is connected to my computer. I watch movies, do flight simulation, email etc....all on the big screen.

Surround sound system: 2 Bose shelf speakers in front, along with a Klipsch center speaker, and Subwoofer. There are two Mirage speakers mounted on the wall in the rear of my apartment.

I have a 22" LCD tv mounted on a swivel arm bracket, so I can watch movies from my bed (murphy style bed). My dvd player has Netflix installed on it, and I watch movies, wirelessly.

I have a cordless phone, connected to my sister's land line. There are 3 cordless phones upstairs.

Upstairs, my sis has a: 60", and two 42" Samsung tvs.

Yep, plenty of entertainment!

NC

brad kaste
January 10th, 2012, 07:38
Three TV's,....four phones,...and one computer......

aeronca1
January 10th, 2012, 07:48
One ancient Sony TV, two cell phones and two computers. This will likely expand exponentially as my daughter enters the teen years...

Roadburner440
January 10th, 2012, 08:11
We have 1 40" Sony TV. Don't need anymore than that cause the kids are forbode from watching television. Usually let them watch a movie on it on the weekend. Only person in the house that I think actually watches television on the tv is my wife. 2 cell phones, and 3 computers (1 regular PC, flight sim PC, and 1 5 year old laptop). I know I try to get outside as much as possible when I am not flight simming.. RARE these days, but there are those of us crazies that do it. :icon_lol: Other cool electronic do dads are the R/C heli's, everyone in the family has R/C vehicles. So I guess those would count as electronics too if that is what we are counting.

Dangerousdave26
January 10th, 2012, 08:32
No TV not had one in over a decade. Don't miss it a bit.

One laptop computer and an old Dell server.

Daveroo
January 10th, 2012, 08:56
cant be without my tv noise (mental thing i guess,,im toned deff or something as i dont like music,,,cept i DO like alison krauss and union station..she has a certin pureness to her voice)

i live in a 30 foot fifth wheel rv..i have a 37 in flat screen HD LCD in the lower living area,with full surround sound,and a bluray player.in the bedroom i have a 32in flat screen HD lcd with a built in dvd player,concidering surround sound in there to...kinda small though....i also have a 27 inch tv in my shed with a dvd player and surround sound ,,i had an HO scale train layout and would go "play" with my trains and have a train movie playing while i played...lol.....a good one and one of my favorites from pentrex...the california northern railroad

hey_moe
January 10th, 2012, 09:03
I didn't know you guys wanted to start listing what cha have..lol master bedroom 50 LCD, man cave 50 plasma with a separate surround sound connected and a PS3 connected in there. Also in my cave I have a triple 24" monitor set up connected to a water source tower. The other desk in there has a full tower connected to a 24" Apple monitor. Three laptops. In the grand kids room 30 inch LCD TV's. Down stairs in the den we have a 60 projection with a separate surround sound system,kitchen 20 flat screen,excise Room 32 inch CRT. 6 phone and a IPhone and a Android. Two IPads...ain't we all spoiled with our Chet....lol. And I just noticed CK now is posting pictures....LMAO. We all stone crazy with our toys.

Naismith
January 10th, 2012, 09:41
One 52" LCD TV in house, 3 in garage (the furniture store kept giving us free ones when we bought various items). They are tube types which this past summer I placed them in the front yard with a "Working and Free" sign. There they sat for 3 whole days, nobody wanted them, so next step is the recycling dump for which I shall have to pay to rid myself of them :(
4 PC's, 3 landlline phones one cell.
My old mum rented a B&W TV from '62 through '76 when we convinced her to buy a color one. She must have paid for that set several times over. That old set never broke down once in 14 years. the new one had to be replaced after 4 years.
Youngsters today would hardly blv that we used to rent such things as TV's and radios. Our telephone growing up was on a "party" line, i.e. shared with someone else somewhere locally. You would pick up the handset to make a call and hear someone elses conversation.
Ahhh the good old days, turns out they weren't so good after all eh? Rose tinted glasses and all that.

kilo delta
January 10th, 2012, 10:34
Yep...manageable wiring is a biggie. My wife wouldn't be best pleased if I suggested channelling the concrete walls for wiring,however.:icon_lol:

Kowalski65
January 10th, 2012, 10:58
7 TVs, varying from 29" to 50",1 PC,9 laptops,2 Android tablets,4 Xbox 360s,and 3 PS3s...but i DO have 7 kids at home!!!

SpitXIV
January 10th, 2012, 12:21
With the amount of commercial ads now, 2 too many. :icon_lol:

Sascha66
January 10th, 2012, 12:41
TVs: None, I haven't watched TV in years - when we watch a movie at home we rent a DVD and watch it on the computer.

Phones: 3 (not counting the old mobile phones I haven't had the heart to turf out)

Computers: 1 laptop and 1 PC (which my wife likes to hog)

Otherwise I loaf about on my living room sofa with a book, in front of the fire in wintertime

When I am not simming that is :gameoff:

hey_moe
January 10th, 2012, 13:02
Can I help it if ya got more money than all the member combine...grins....it looks good.
The reason I put up the pictures is that I'm very proud of my main system, no wires shown, all cables run in the walls, even ran a dedicated AC line with stage 3 power control unit and UPS. Got power surged last year and paid $1,700 to fix the Pioneer Professional Plasma (PDP-504CMX, after market 1080p video card). The surge took out 5 of the 7 screen drivers and the video card. My insurance agent went nutts, she couldn't believe the repair bill, said her 50 inch Walmart TV only cost her $899. I had to show her the original invoice whereas we paid $8,000 wholesale and an ad with $8,500 sale price. Now you can pickup the same unit without the after market video card for $3,500. We sold over a dozen of these units on Fort Huachuca for conference rooms because of the ability to have different cards for different interfacing and the ultra clear pictures from computers. This Plasma is renewable and can last for decades, having replaceable panels and cards being 100% serviceable.

I'm in the process of interfacing my media server and 4 DirecTV HD DVR receivers via DirecTV's Home system. I have already ripped over 200 CDs and 50+ ripped DVDs on the media server. Soon I'll have all my A/V sources available on all TV's and computers and be a happy man.

Being an active DirecTV, Dish Network, Wildblue, Starband and Directway dealer I got really spoiled with free showroom accounts but after closing the Store I now have to pay like everyone else for HDTV, XM and Internet. The only good part is all the equipment was either stock, showroom, loaner or office and all I had to pay is the use sales taxes to take it all home.

Reddog
January 10th, 2012, 13:22
None. since about 2000, have all i need on the computer.

Quax d. Bruchpilot
January 10th, 2012, 13:33
Hmmm , this thread make me smile ;-) Only one in the living room, an old Toshiba, another in the sleeping room also an old Grundig (not used since 2 years). But thats okay. Also 2 ancient PC's and a Laptop (not used since 1 year) ... Handys (Cell-phones) ? Oh yes !!! 2 old models nearly 7 years old :icon_lol: And also not often used ...

David_L6
January 10th, 2012, 13:50
TVs: Two. An old 35" CRT in living room. As long as it keeps working I'm going to keep it. A 24" LCD HD in the bedroom. Just got it back in the summer when my 19" CRT died.

Phones: One "regular" phone, one cordless phone, one cell phone. I wouldn't still have the land line if the cell reception where I live was better.

Computers: Three. The two in my sig and an old 3.4GHz Northwood.

Wing_Z
January 10th, 2012, 13:59
Big flatscreens and projectors all over, the more to run flightsims on!
TV? Nil if you're counting live television.
Everything we watch is either Blu-ray, or recorded and watched when we want, and without the commercials.
A friend in the ad business tells me they are now making TV ads that make sense when you whistle through them at 32x speed... ;)

Naki
January 10th, 2012, 14:24
Two TVs - one old 14 inch Sony CRT in main bedroom attached to "Free to View" satellite and a 32 inch LCD Sharp wth Pioneer surround sound (movies only) with Sky in the Lounge - both TVs have DVD players. Paid about $NZ600 for the Sharp TV a couple of years ago second hand (barely used)...today that would almost get you a new good quality 42 inch HD LCD TV here in NZ.

Two PCs one laptop for wife and flightsim PC which the kids also play on (too much!)....also have a Nintendo WII and an old Sony PS1 for the kids (and me!).

Two landlines & two mobile phones - picked up an I Phone 4S yesterday to replace my battered HTC.

andersel
January 10th, 2012, 15:02
1 31" RCA CRT TV for watching
1 20" RCA CRT TV for taking up room (It works great so I keep it as a back-up)
1 Desktop computer
1 Laptop computer
2 non feature cellphones
1 Land Line

LA

Wittpilot
January 10th, 2012, 15:20
I used to be the type with a tv in every room.. but ever since we invested in a 42" LCD 1080p TV, it is all we watch... once you go HD, there is NO going back!!!!!!!

Would love one in the kitchen though.....

WarHorse47
January 10th, 2012, 15:43
3 TV'S: 1 - 42 inch plasma flatscreen, 1 -22 inch flatscreen, and 1 TV, DVD and VHS combo.

2 Confuters: 1 - 9 yeear old Dell, and 1 new Acer laptop.

3 phones: 1 landline and 2 cell phones.

NO ipads, iphones, or anything beginning with an 'i'. I got too much information to deal with as it is. :icon_lol:

:ernae:
--WH

TeaSea
January 10th, 2012, 16:01
Three....

HD/LCD in the Family Room (this is actually THE TV)
HD/LCD in the Living Room (this is the backup when I lose the argument)
little 14" tube tv in the guest room (for when our guests get fed up with us)

and one 19" tuber mounted outside on the Lanai (paid $3 for it). Yes, I can watch it from the pool....pathetic, I know.

Kiwikat
January 10th, 2012, 16:14
I got 1 TV (42" Sony Bravia) but I have 3 computers... :mixedsmi:

Chacha
January 11th, 2012, 05:59
Three TVs...
One in the Living room,
One in my bedroom and
one in the kitchen....

Hannah's bedroom has no TV...
But now we have the Bright House TV App.. (free from the iTunes)
I can watch my program anywhere in the house...
on my iPad...
Brilliant!

Willy
January 11th, 2012, 14:29
3 tvs. 42" LCD with a sound system mounted on the wall in the living room, 19" CRT in our bedroom and a 32" CRT in the kid's room that the grandkids watch when they're here.

2 desktops (mine which was custom built in 2002 and Mrs Willy's 2006 Dell) and Mrs Willy's Sony laptop.

Rami
January 13th, 2012, 08:04
Good morning,

In my house, we have two televisions. One 42" LCD in the living room, and one 27" television in the bedroom. There are no electronics in the children's room, to allow for them to sleep. I also have my computer in the den with a 22" monitor. :icon29: