PDA

View Full Version : Tupolev Support

SeanTK
January 9th, 2012, 12:33
Original posting here:
http://aviationcafe.co.uk/Index/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1438

I'm thinking about offering live, voice and/or text-based (probably both) help/assistance with the FSX (or FS2004) Tu-154B-2 on this upcoming Saturday for a while.

This depends on two factors:
1) Level of interest from users.
2) Whatever else I'm doing that day.

On 2, I'm usually free mid-day Saturday (12-3ish US Eastern) which is when I would do it, but there is a chance right now that despite a good level of interest, real world could of course get in the way.
If that's the case, the help session would be moved to the following Saturday.

It's early in the week so this is very far from being definite or finalized, but I thought that I'd throw the offer out there.
I would be using the FS and Teamspeak servers that I usually use for my weekend multiplayer flights. Details:

Teamspeak:
teamspeak.inspire.net.nz

FS Server:

This service is for general inquiries,
live step-by-step help with the startup procedure,
through to an entire (short) flight or airfield circuit if desired.

There are a few minor things that have been changed between 2004 and X versions of the 154B-2 (such as the GPS system used and it's connectivity, plus some Shift+# 2D popup locations), but the general systems are the same.
While I know far from everything about this airplane, I still think I can get most users here up and running just fine and ease the learning curve that is presented with this aircraft.

The addon does not support shared-cockpit, but all users would basically have their planes set up on individual systems, and should be able to follow along to voice and/or text directions on their own systems as I reference my own aircraft.

If there is interest, let me know.
Also, if you have any questions about this offer, feel free to post them here.

This message has been posted at my own training center, as well as at NZFF.org, and SOH.