PDA

View Full Version : Tucano for FSX ?

Sean Doran
December 18th, 2008, 11:51
Does anyone know where I can find a good one? :ernae:

Craig Taylor
December 18th, 2008, 12:04
Have you looked at this one, by Piglet?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=12846

Sean Doran
December 18th, 2008, 12:12
AHH Piglet planes, the best..:ernae::ernae: Anyone know if there has been a RAf repaint for it.

DaveKDEN
December 18th, 2008, 12:45
Techinically, Piglet's is a Super Tucano. There are a couple of RAF re-paints available, I just can't remember who did them. :isadizzy: I think they're available at the SOH.
There's also the simshed Tucano that was re-done for FSX (though not a native FSX model). It's available at flightsim.com (search using "Tucano"). I ran it until Piglet released his Super tucano, then it was relegated to my hangar. The simshed one is nice, but it's not up to Piglet's higher standards - especially since his is a native FSX model. I do wish someone would do a native FSX Tucano, as I like the canopy without the front rail (better view out of the VC).
My guess is the real Super Tucano is pressurized, and the more basic Tucano isn't??? As such, the Super Tuc needs the front canopy rail for structural strength.

IanP
December 18th, 2008, 13:11
The Shorts License-Built Tucano's for the RAF are also different than the "standard" Embraer Tucano, as they were slightly redesigned to help pilots who would transition from them straight to the BAe Hawk T.Mk1.

The differences, if I remember correctly, are mainly limited to the cockpit area, but they are different visually.

Not that anyone but a total rivet-counter cares when it costs nothing to get your hands on and fly in a RAF livery... ;D

Ian P.

Tako_Kichi
December 18th, 2008, 13:15
Techinically, Piglet's is a Super Tucano. There are a couple of RAF re-paints available, I just can't remember who did them. :isadizzy: I think they're available at the SOH.
That would be me and yes they are available here. :icon_lol:

Just search the resources area using my forum name and you should find them easily.

Sean Doran
December 18th, 2008, 13:24
yes I found them , Thank you. This aircraft by Piglet is amazing.:ernae:

arrowmaker
December 18th, 2008, 14:19
I've had these fictional RAF repaints (by Tako Kichi) for a couple of weeks now and they're certainly worth getting. I can't remember where I got them, but they can be found here:

http://www.combatfs.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileType=fsx&Category=paints