PDA

View Full Version : At Long Last...

Tango_Romeo
December 18th, 2008, 09:38
...Jaxon has uploaded his new portfolio of textures for the Type VII Uboat. Not only are they authentic, but highly detailed and available for download now. :medals:

In posting these Jaxon has fulfilled a promise made awhile ago. Thanks, Jaxon! :applause:

ckissling
December 18th, 2008, 10:34
Tango Romeo
Now how about a late model Type XXI boat such as the U-2513 that
U.S. Navy had after the war for testing, which led to the design of the
Uss Nautilus. ckissling

PSULLYKEYS
December 18th, 2008, 11:03
Bravo Jaxon.you can not have too much of a good thing!:ernae:

Tango_Romeo
December 18th, 2008, 11:35
Tango Romeo
Now how about a late model Type XXI boat...ckissling

...boats only surfaced in port or when surrendering. What use would she be? :costumes::costumes:

The XXI is a simple streamlined shape....easy to model, so I'll put her on the list for my post-FSDS2-burnout period. :ernae:

I was hoping that one of our new aspiring CFS2 designers would stepup and do this model. OOPs, I forgot! We don't have any new CFS2 'designers'....just 'converters'. :banghead: OH, :bs:!

OBIO
December 18th, 2008, 13:41
I am a designer in waiting. So there!

Good_2_Be
December 18th, 2008, 16:02
Man talk about kicking a guy in the pants.........here ya go one new sub.........:banghead:.....one small problem I lost it under the waves:costumes:

seriously though hope to get back to g-max soon kinda been in a bit of :bs: lately.

Tango_Romeo
December 18th, 2008, 18:00
...want you guys getting too complacent. Someone's got to stir the pot! :173go1::costumes::costumes::costumes:

bearcat241
December 18th, 2008, 18:18
And i'll go one step further in disappointing you TR...when i eventually do step up, it won't be for das booten!!! :icon_lol:...i'll be workin' on things with wings!

Tango_Romeo
December 18th, 2008, 18:39
...when i eventually do step up, it won't be for das booten!!! :icon_lol:...i'll be workin' on things with wings!

...believe it when I see it. Talk is cheap. But I have a nice bottle of bourbon for the first one of the 'designers in waiting' to produce. :ernae:

Tango_Romeo
December 18th, 2008, 21:57
"when i eventually do step up, it won't be for das booten!!! :icon_lol:...i'll be workin' on things with wings!"

...to meet Bearcat's stringent criteria that anything without wings isn't worth crap in CFS2, my new Type XXI boat will be the little known 'I' variant equipped with inflatable wings and tail surfaces! When threatened with air attack, she simply flies away at high speed to avoid destruction. Another little known secret weapon of the Reich. Prototype screenshot below... :costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes:

I really wouldn't want to :bs:you.....this isn't really an original....but rather one of my many conversions from FS2004. Nothing on it works correctly in CFS2, but it looks good! :ernae:

bearcat241
December 19th, 2008, 00:20
Awww...i must have hit a nerve :costumes:....i think thou putest words in my mouth old chap...

Let's get it right now...i never said anything about anything not being worth crap in CFS2, thou saidest that yourself --- i just said i wanted to disappoint YOU further by precluding boats from my line, as a simple matter of preference. What anyone else does to please you is fine by me.

...you're not still pissed about that SF8 Sabre are ya? :icon_lol:

Tango_Romeo
December 19th, 2008, 03:47
Ahh...you know my opinion on this matter. It's a 'conversion'....what can I say? They just plain suck. The SF8 is a beautiful visual model with some nicely rendered droptanks. :costumes: Beyond that it remains a total disaster in CFS2. It is much the same as the last Sabre conversion that came down the pike:

- Unacceptable framerates
- The AIR file is a joke of mammoth proportions
- By the time you get finished reading the list of things that don't work, you're too tired to fly

The nice detail can't balance out the negatives. It is an aircraft for 'virtual modelers' who spend all of their time admiring the aircraft, as opposed to flying the damned thing in missions or campaigns.

Each and every one posted for download diminishes CFS2 by adding a dysfunctional and disappointing aircraft to the sim. That about sums it up. :ernae:

ckissling
December 19th, 2008, 06:23
What did I do to start this? ckissling

Good_2_Be
December 19th, 2008, 06:34
...believe it when I see it. Talk is cheap. But I have a nice bottle of bourbon for the first one of the 'designers in waiting' to produce. :ernae:

Make it a bit of Collins Grog, that it be a good motivator :friday:

Good_2_Be
December 19th, 2008, 06:40
Jaxon those are some amazing looking skins, Thanks :applause:

bearcat241
December 19th, 2008, 08:09
...Each and every one posted for download diminishes CFS2 by adding a dysfunctional and disappointing aircraft to the sim. That about sums it up. :ernae:

We praise your infinite wisdom Great One...keep it comin' :isadizzy:...CFS2 needs YOU!

Jagdflieger
December 19th, 2008, 08:13
Probably gone far enough so in keeping with the Holiday spirit we'll shut 'er down.