PDA

View Full Version : Five new panels just posted!

Captain Kurt
January 7th, 2012, 20:26
I uploaded 3 new panels that I developed for the soon to be released 354th Fighter Group in WWII campaign. They are as realistic and true to the real panels as possible.

These are for the P-47D bubble top variants, an early production P-51D and a later production P-51D. the difference was the throttle quadrant used.

Ali Cat made 2 brand new guages specifically for these projects, the oxygen blinker gauge and the P-47D turbocharger RPM gauge.

Jagdflieger
January 7th, 2012, 20:46
Wow! Those look great. A real tripple treat of gauges and plexiglass.

Captain Kurt
January 7th, 2012, 21:41
I just posted an updated FDG2 P-51B panel. The changes are based on many photos and diagrams for the P-51B cockpit to bring it closer in appearance to the actual panel.

Two unique gauges were made by Ali Cat especially for this project, the gear indicator gauge which was unique to the P-51B, and the oxygen flow blinker gauge.

Done with the kind permission of Gramps from FDG2

Devildog73
January 8th, 2012, 00:15
OUTSTANDING!
What an excellent addition.
Thanks Captain Kurt!

Devildog73
January 8th, 2012, 00:20
All 3 for FDG2 models???

skylane
January 8th, 2012, 00:24
Very nice! Thank you!

Devildog73
January 8th, 2012, 00:28
Just a curiousity question, don't kill the cat......

I am going to try these in the VB P-51s. If they do NOT work there, any chance we could see some that will update those?

Rami
January 8th, 2012, 06:19
Captain Kurt,

The panels look amazing! :icon29: Are these previews for the upcoming 354th Fighter Group campaign?

Devildog73
January 8th, 2012, 07:57
Just a curiousity question, don't kill the cat......

I am going to try these in the VB P-51s. If they do NOT work there, any chance we could see some that will update those?

In the VB P-51B they have missing gauges. They are much nicer looking than the originals, but not with missing gauges. Once I get the RamMan back, I will see if he knows how to add the missing gauges to the panel.cfg.

Captain Kurt
January 8th, 2012, 08:49
Rami,

Yes these were developed for the 354th FG campaign which I hope to have posted in a couple of weeks now.

The P-51B panel was developed for use with the FDG2 P-51B
The P-51D panels were developed for use with the Alphasim P-51D
The P-47D panel was developed for use with the Alphasim P-47D

DevilDog

These panels should work in anyone's models though. The extra gauges needed are in the download package, and the rest are CFS2 stock gauges. If a gauge is not showing it is because the .gau file is not in the CFS2 gauges folder. Are we talking the 2D panel or the VC? The VC panel is specific to the model the panel is used in and it may not show up on a different model. Can you post a pic and I can tell you which gauge model you do not have loaded and make sure you get it.

And of course there is also always the possibility that I overlooked something even though it all works fine on my setup. If so I will try to get it fixed if I can get the info on what is happening.

Devildog73
January 8th, 2012, 10:35
Rami,

Yes these were developed for the 354th FG campaign which I hope to have posted in a couple of weeks now.

DevilDog

These panels should work in anyone's models though. The extra gauges needed are in the download package, and the rest are CFS2 stock gauges. If a gauge is not showing it is because the .gau file is not in the CFS2 gauges folder. Are we talking the 2D panel or the VC? The VC panel is specific to the model the panel is used in and it may not show up on a different model. Can you post a pic and I can tell you which gauge model you do not have loaded and make sure you get it.

And of course there is also always the possibility that I overlooked something even though it all works fine on my setup. If so I will try to get it fixed if I can get the info on what is happening.

I loaded your gauges into my gauges folder per your instructinos in your readme. I have all the other stock gauges installed. I will take a screen shot and show which gauges are missing. Basically, they are the 3 or 4 main gauges on the left side of the panel.

kwb737
January 8th, 2012, 10:53
Rami,

DevilDog

On the P-51D panel the clock is not showing up, even though the clock gauge file is installed.
I found the problem. The entry in the panel config. file had "p47" in front of the word "clock" instead of P51. I changed and the clock shows up now.

Captain Kurt
January 8th, 2012, 11:13
I just opened the zip file - Four guages are not included which should have been. My screw up, sorry. I am re-posting the full package. In the meantime, here is the corrected zip. I'll post this separately as well for those who have laready downloaded the incomplete file.:redf:

Captain Kurt
January 8th, 2012, 11:40
I just uploaded an updated panel for the FDG2 P51C Malcomb Hood model. The only difference between the FDG2 P-51B panel and this panel is the virtual cockpit view. The P-51B panel used on the Malcomb Hood model won't show all the gauges properly in VC. If you don't use the virtual cockpit view, it won't matter for you.

Rami
January 8th, 2012, 11:47
Kurt,

Thanks, I will combine this with the other thread...outstanding. :icon29:

Oglivie
January 9th, 2012, 16:01
Thanks Captain and Ali Cat!

:icon29::icon29:

:applause:

Discus
January 9th, 2012, 17:57
Indeed!! Great add on. Thanks CK and AC!!

Captain Kurt
January 10th, 2012, 10:15
I think I must be getting senile. The last 2 uploads I posted had a missing file and I want to make sure I don't have a repeat issue.

Before I upload the updated FDG2 P-51B, FDG2 P51C Malcomb Hood, and Alphasim P-51D packages, would someone mind just installing one each of the models so I can be sure all of the required files have been included?

TIA

Captain Kurt

middle
January 10th, 2012, 16:09
CK, how bug are the files? If they're not too big I can test if t all works for ya...mid

Discus
January 10th, 2012, 17:11
I think I must be getting senile. The last 2 uploads I posted had a missing file and I want to make sure I don't have a repeat issue.

Before I upload the updated FDG2 P-51B, FDG2 P51C Malcomb Hood, and Alphasim P-51D packages, would someone mind just installing one each of the models so I can be sure all of the required files have been included?

TIA

Captain Kurt

Captain

I think it would be an important advice for the testers to install this dl in a fresh from the box CFS2 install. Otherwise some one will probably get an all system go just because they have everything this aircraft´s files call for from some previous install and not from the recent upload. So results will vary from rig to rig.
I will try tomorrow, but I´m not sure I´ll have enough time. I´m leaving on summer holidays in 3 days and I´m in a rush with demands from my job.

Thanks for your search for details and perfection. This search for testers is a sympton of that!!
Cheers, Discus

Captain Kurt
January 10th, 2012, 17:12
CK, how bug are the files? If they're not too big I can test if t all works for ya...mid

:icon_lol: Hopefully no bugs.

The P-51D is 9.5MB, the P-51C is 8.5Mb and the P-51B is 8.1Mb.

I'm sending them now, Thank you.

Captain Kurt
January 10th, 2012, 17:19
Discus,

You are right, that's what I did and still missed a file. Trying to do too much all at once, maybe.

middle
January 10th, 2012, 17:24
I just g0ot the first one..and don't worry, i've been around awhile and kinda know what I'm doin' just a little. mid

middle
January 10th, 2012, 17:25
2 just came in

middle
January 10th, 2012, 17:29
I'm waitin on th elast one and as it turs out I have neither the fdg eps installed in my install yet nor the tanks that came with the zip ..I just got my new install up and tunning so it's still pretty clean. mid

The tghird one is coming in now so give me an hour or so and I'll get back to ya...unless 6ya want me to get back to ya in the morn. mid

middle
January 11th, 2012, 09:42
KC did ya get the mdl file I sent back to ya lasy night? mid

Captain Kurt
January 11th, 2012, 12:09
Hi mid,

I didn't get an email with a mdl file. I got the one with the txt and the one with the jpg's.

middle
January 11th, 2012, 13:37
The text is waht i meant. Glad ya got it.