PDA

View Full Version : on 4th reinstall and still dont have addons showing in addon menu

jeansy
January 7th, 2012, 14:03
this is beyond me now

the other day I lost from my addon menus:
instant scenery
heli traffic
FSInn

Ive just done my 4th reinstall and before I installed any other addon, i still can get these to show, the only addon that is displayed is fsupic

im ready to take this out back and put 2 barrels of 00 buckshot into it

anyone had this before or know any fixes for this, it would be awesome

hey_moe
January 7th, 2012, 14:26
Sorry to hear ya having so much trouble. How are you removing FSX.
this is beyond me now

the other day I lost from my addon menus:
instant scenery
heli traffic
FSInn

Ive just done my 4th reinstall and before I installed any other addon, i still can get these to show, the only addon that is displayed is fsupic

im ready to take this out back and put 2 barrels of 00 buckshot into it

anyone had this before or know any fixes for this, it would be awesome

jeansy
January 7th, 2012, 14:33
each time has been different,
when i noticed that i was missing the addons i tried to unistalled, there was a error and had to use the Microsoft installer clean tool

each other time have been with the FSX uninstaller and various unistaller tools with a reg cleaner afterwards

its the damn dll.xml file thats giving me all sorts hell

hey_moe
January 7th, 2012, 14:51
Ya might wanna try after removing FSX, going into your C drive/programs and removing all the FSX folders in both Program files and Program Files(86). Then go to users/your file/AppData/ and look into each one of those folders and removing all traces of FSX/ then go to Start/run/type/regedit/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ scroll down to software and open it up and delete the FSX folder/Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ software/ open it up and remove the FSX folder/ if you don't feel conformable editing the registry I would say away from it but that is the only real way to remove FSX. You also might want to go into the windows32 files and remove the dill folders for FSX if you don't know which dll's are for FSX, please leave that part alone.You should also be able to do a search for that one dll and find it and remove that also....Mike

Butcherbird17
January 7th, 2012, 14:59
jeansy,
Here are the clean exe.xml and dll.xml. I had this problem before and using these new ones fixed it.

Joe

jeansy
January 7th, 2012, 15:15
jeansy,
Here are the clean exe.xml and dll.xml. I had this problem before and using these new ones fixed it.

Joe

cheers, i just tried those with just instant scenery and heli traffic installed only and no joy

theyre loading up in start up as i get the security check after i purge the trusted files in my cfg but not in the sim, something is stopping them from loading in the addons menu, this also includes FSINN (fscopilot) when installed

gradyhappyg
January 7th, 2012, 15:22
Perhaps a problem with your simconnect?
Don't you usually have to reinstall that afer a FSX reinstall.
Not an expert here just guessing.

Butcherbird17
January 7th, 2012, 15:27
cheers, i just tried those with just instant scenery and heli traffic installed only and no joy

theyre loading up in start up as i get the security check after i purge the trusted files in my cfg but not in the sim, something is stopping them from loading

I don't know what else it could be. I know when i had the same problem, it was with the FSX SDK and aicarriers2 not showing in the addon tools.
Replacing with the new xml files fixed it for me, i got the prompts at start up and its been fine ever since.

Joe

jeansy
January 7th, 2012, 15:38
I don't know what else it could be. I know when i had the same problem, it was with the FSX SDK and aicarriers2 not showing in the addon tools.
Replacing with the new xml files fixed it for me, i got the prompts at start up and its been fine ever since.

Joe

when i noticed it, i only had the CS767 menu, AI carriers and fsupic showing and i was missing the 3 above mentioned

im trying to think what would stop them loading? anti virus ? malware tools?

or is there a set order I need to install them?

this is what i have been doing

1, reg clean
2, install FSX
3, install FSX SDK
4 Install FSX/A
5 install FSX/A sdk sp1A
6 install FSX/A sdk
7 install Instant scenery, then install module via the tool
8 install heli traffic then install module via the tool

this has worked for me the past 4 yrs until the other day

this all happened around when i installed orbx YBAS and YWOL and upgraded my advanced system care 5

just ran a simconnect diag, this is what i got
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5373/image1rne.jpg

gradyhappyg
January 7th, 2012, 16:49
Doesn't look like simconnect is the problem either.
Since I don't have any of those programs you are having trouble with still only guessing, can you start them from their respective progam folders while FSX is running?
See if that adds them to the menu bar.

jeansy
January 7th, 2012, 17:09
thats the most frustrating part

they need to the addon menu to launch, with the exception of fsinn

and for some reason fsinn wont talk, ive checked the firewall setting and its all good,

beacuse most people dont use fsinn, there is very little information on this

skyhawka4m
January 7th, 2012, 18:28
Do you have the microsoft framework up to date? possibly FSUIP? Just throwinig it out there......hope this gets worked out soon

Carbine1
January 7th, 2012, 18:40
Matt , read this thread mate. It may be of interest to you.

Hope it helps in some way, not sure if it will though.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-addons-in-menu-bar_topic23903.html

Astoroth
January 7th, 2012, 20:43
Try this:

go to http://www.compilots.com/downloads/details.php?image_id=270

Download Module Tool X, and run it. Open the DLL.xml, and check to make sure your three missing items are not disabled. If disabled is set to true, set it to false, and they should show up. If they're not disabled, dunno what the problem is, but worth a try for troubleshooting.

anthony31
January 8th, 2012, 00:51
Check your dll.xml to see if it includes the entries for the programs you lost.

A while ago I tried starting Instant Scenery but couldn't find it in the menus. I thought, that as I had recently upgraded my computer, that I hadn't reinstalled it. Turns out that a certain addon airplane wiped out my dll.xml during its installation process leaving only their own entry. Not happy! Fortunately I had a backup dll.xml.

skyhawka4m
January 8th, 2012, 06:09
Check your dll.xml to see if it includes the entries for the programs you lost.

A while ago I tried starting Instant Scenery but couldn't find it in the menus. I thought, that as I had recently upgraded my computer, that I hadn't reinstalled it. Turns out that a certain addon airplane wiped out my dll.xml during its installation process leaving only their own entry. Not happy! Fortunately I had a backup dll.xml.

If I remember correctly....I had this happen also......can't remember the plane though. Makes me want to go right now and make a backup of it though.....

jeansy
January 8th, 2012, 22:51
no theyre all there

the dll.xml is loading up at start up as i get the security warning but thats about it :banghead:

ive tried all my backup dll.mls and nothing, thats what prompted me to do a re install

im starting to get worried now, that my installation cds are getting worn out, just completed my 9th attempt

http://www.australianclimatemadness.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/flogging_dead_horse_what.jpg

next stop format the PC and do a complete reinstall of everything

or find another hobby

Bone
January 9th, 2012, 08:50
im starting to get worried now, that my installation cds are getting worn out, just completed my 9th attempt

.........or find another hobby

Buy another copy of FSX Gold. I did, just in case.

gigabyte
January 9th, 2012, 17:24
Jeansy,

I am not sure if this will help but I had a problem awhile back something along the same line, it was just FSUIPC that would not show up but the issue was pretty much as you describe. What I ended up having to do is the same basic steps as you have done (over and over and over) but I also ran the MS Office Uninstall Cleanup tool, I am pretty sure I posted instruction on that in the troubleshooting section, let me look and I will edit this post if I can find it. I know the tool is a free download from MS Technet, I just do not recall the actual name but I am sure I have it somewhere, let me see if I can find that as well.

jeansy
January 9th, 2012, 17:33
Cheers mike

To be honest I'm over the whole ####ing saga

Im doing a system format and reinstall

Then deciding whether I want to continue with with fsx

gigabyte
January 9th, 2012, 17:48
Been there done that got the t-shirt...

I could not find the original post I made but I found the utility, if you go to MS Technet and search for msicuu.exe, you will find it, the instructions are in the readme, and it is pretty simple to run. It may not have splved your problem but you might want to grab it just to have in your tool kit, I have used it at work a few times and it can resolve some pretty weird issues with uninstaller leave behinds.

olaf1924
January 9th, 2012, 19:36
Jeansy I had the same problem as you and the solution for me was turning off my UAC because my OS was vista64 at that time. Windows7 may have UAC or something like it.

jeansy
January 10th, 2012, 01:15
Jeansy I had the same problem as you and the solution for me was turning off my UAC because my OS was vista64 at that time. Windows7 may have UAC or something like it.

cheers

it wasnt that, my UAC is always turned off

anyway up to attempt no.11 tonight with a fresh PC after formatting the whole lot

whitney17
January 10th, 2012, 10:27
Matt,

Did attempt number 11 work? I assume you're installing the stuff that goes in the ADDON Manager, before you install anything else. Is that correct?

Joe