PDA

View Full Version : Dx10 runway, taxiway, and apron lights?

Skyhawk_310R
January 6th, 2012, 16:10
If this has been asked and answered before, then my apologies for being too lazy to look it up and repeating the question.

Is anyone aware of a way to get working runway, approach, taxiway, and apron lights in FSX using Dx10 preview mode?

Thanks,

Ken

Roger
January 6th, 2012, 16:22
Ken, lighting has always been an issue in Dx10. Aircraft and runway lights come and go depending on viewing angle. I went with Dx10 for a while but eventually went back to Dx9 when I heard there wouldn't be an FsXI.

Skyhawk_310R
January 6th, 2012, 18:00
After not finding any solution in my own searching, I feared that was going to be the answer -- that there is no solution! Bummer! We've done some nice stuff for our F-15E in Dx10 that makes it a far more enjoyable experience in Dx10 especially at night! But, I miss the runway lights and such at night. Fortunately, one of the things we did means you don't really need the lights, but I was hoping against hope.

Oh well, cannot have your cake and eat it also!

Ken

n4gix
January 7th, 2012, 08:55
Actually Ken, there is a "fix of sorts" but unfortunately it has to be done on an airport by airport basis. I'm not sure about the practicality of applying the "fix" to ~8,000 airports world-wide just to cover all bases... :mixedsmi:

Skyhawk_310R
January 7th, 2012, 11:10
Actually Ken, there is a "fix of sorts" but unfortunately it has to be done on an airport by airport basis. I'm not sure about the practicality of applying the "fix" to ~8,000 airports world-wide just to cover all bases... :mixedsmi:

Bill,

Please provide me with that fix and I will see if I can handle it. If I can, then at least I could incorporate it to the custom airbases for the F-15E project and future MilViz projects and allow our customers that benefit.

Cheers,

Ken