PDA

View Full Version : more on Windows 7

richcreator
January 5th, 2012, 22:19
In the recent CFS3 Editor Help thread, a user suggested using gmax so
. . . currently being on my Win7 PC . . I downloaded gmax, . . and when I ran the setup, . . it started to install Fraps. I tried again and same thing.
I went to the gmax forums and people on Win7 were experiencing similar wierdness . . setup was trying to install other programs, not just Fraps like me, but other programs on their PC's, but not gmax. Immediately a light of awareness flashed in my brain and I shut down and started up Windows XP.
I downloaded gmax and ran the set up and, lo and behold, gmax installed perfectly, with none of the BS of Windows 7.
. . . .need I say more? . . get the picture? . . .
My point is, and the bottom line is, if you're having problems and errors with games and software while running Windows 7,
it's much easier to correct the error by switching to Windows XP than stressing yourself out with Windows 7.

hairyspin
January 6th, 2012, 01:15
They're entitled to their opinions Rich, but so are others. I've had none of these convoluted problems and I suspect some of these others have a problem between the chair and the monitor: the infamous code 15 - user error. Windows 7 has been a very happy experience for me.

Of course that's just my opinion....

richcreator
January 6th, 2012, 04:13
They're entitled to their opinions Rich, but so are others. I've had none of these convoluted problems and I suspect some of these others have a problem between the chair and the monitor: the infamous code 15 - user error. Windows 7 has been a very happy experience for me.

yo, hairyspin,
Many people claimed they had no problems with Vista. Many people were happy with vista. They couldn't understand the complaints.
Then Bill Gates himself admitted Vista was a bust . . . . .after Windows 7 was ready to be released.
Windows 7 is an update patch for Vista.
Convoluted problems? Everybody who comes here with an installation problem, whether it be with an expansion or whatever, has to do
with Windows 7, not Vista or XP. Problems posted here always have to do with 7. Convoluted?
Windows 7 is a happy experience for you...... so far. Apparently, you are a limited user of 7. meaning you are not an advanced user
like many others are.
Don't get me wrong. I love Win7. I love the advanced technology. But I realize the advanced technology is not necessarily compatable with
the lesser technology and I can easily cope when coping is necessary.
Here's a good example: If CFS3 or it's many expansions are giving you a fit using Windows 7 . . . . .use a lower class Windows. . .or. . .
spend endless hours trying to mend a fix. It's awfully ignorant to ignore complaints and blame the user just because you never, yet,
experienced their problems and by saying you have no problems. . . . . . .yet!
Go back and re-read my initial post that I started this thread with concerning gmax. . . . the whole complete post, not just the last paragraph.

hairyspin
January 6th, 2012, 04:41
yo, hairyspin,
... Apparently, you are a limited user of 7. ...

Ho ho ho! :icon_lol: I've been using 7 since the pre-production Release Candidates and was one of those baffled by the online problems with CFS3 multiplayer until Tailwind et al came across the pre-existing solution, two years ago. That's the only problem I've had running CFS3, gmax, 3ds Max 32-bit and 64-bit, Photoshop CS2, Paintshop Pro 8 and then 10, Word, XMLWrench, FSX and some others. All of which were built for XP or in a few cases Vista and all of which run like melted butter on my Windows 7 64-bit setup.

So I don't know quite what you mean. Not unusual for me...

richcreator
January 6th, 2012, 04:50
:wiggle:

richcreator
January 6th, 2012, 06:10
November 9th, 2009, 14:32 #2 hairyspin

Tryin' to build summat like this

From a frustrated Win7 64-bit user, thank you both very much!

I wasted a lot of time trying to get the pre-release 64-bit version working with CFS3, so it's good to see someone crack that nut. It might now be safe to say that CFS3 has still more years ahead of it yet!
Cheers guys!

:salute: Your credibility, integrity and honesty is now questionable! Yes, Ho Ho Ho!

rbp71854
January 6th, 2012, 06:20
Rich do you want a solution to your problem or do you want to bait and hook folks with your posts. I will give you the benefit one last time. It sounds like you have a very very corrupt win 7 install. At this point the solution may be to do a clean sweep and reinstall your win 7 OS.

hairyspin
January 6th, 2012, 07:05
I am indeed obliged to you for finding that post (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?25661-Windows-7-install-fix&p=287498&viewfull=1#post287498)referring to the CFS3 multiplayer problem. Saved me a heap of trouble.

Can we get back to discussing CFS3 now?

honestly, it's like talking with a teenager: they're never wrong either

richcreator
January 6th, 2012, 07:57
Whatever gave you the idea that I needed help?
I am trying to help others who have many problems trying to fix the many problems installing and running
CFS3 and who want to play CFS3 and not spend the rest of their lives just fixing problems and errors.

honestly, it's like nobody reads what is written but only see what they want to see.

Frosty
January 6th, 2012, 08:58
Rich,

... the whole complete post, not just the last paragraph.

And that is why you posted the last paragraph in red, didn't you? :icon_lol:

I am uncertain what help you are providing - and to whom?
The only things I can distill from your - imho - rather sour posts are either "stop using CFS3" or "switch back to XP". What happened in your childhood years, man??

Might I suggest that you complain to the 'proper authorities' about your problems? The software programs you use, were concocted by several software companies such as Microsoft. If anyone is to blame for any incompatibilities that may arise from you using them, it's them - not us. We, visitors of this forum and amateur modders/designers, are doing the best we can with the tools at hand. If you don't like the solutions we have to offer, then find them yourself.
And yes, it's easy to find confirmation of your grumpy opinions on other fora. Negative experiences have a tendency to travel much further than positive ones. That's client-supplier relationship 101. But it's much more fun to find solutions to problems and regard them as challenges rather than as obstacles. I know, it can be frustrating at times but life's full of those moments. If you don't like all this, then simply go back to your other hobbies. But the fact that you are persisting in this, tells me that you can't leave it alone. You just have to find another way of venting your frustrations because, frankly, I don't need your formic acid dripping off my screen every time I visit this place.

Have a good weekend!

Frosty

grizzly50
January 6th, 2012, 09:43

Of course that's just my opinion....

Ho ho ho! :icon_lol: I've been using 7 since the pre-production Release Candidates and was one of those baffled by the online problems with CFS3 multiplayer until Tailwind et al came across the pre-existing solution, two years ago. That's the only problem I've had running CFS3, gmax, 3ds Max 32-bit and 64-bit, Photoshop CS2, Paintshop Pro 8 and then 10, Word, XMLWrench, FSX and some others. All of which were built for XP or in a few cases Vista and all of which run like melted butter on my Windows 7 64-bit setup.

So I don't know quite what you mean. Not unusual for me...

Rich do you want a solution to your problem or do you want to bait and hook folks with your posts. I will give you the benefit one last time. It sounds like you have a very very corrupt win 7 install. At this point the solution may be to do a clean sweep and reinstall your win 7 OS.

I am indeed obliged to you for finding that post (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?25661-Windows-7-install-fix&p=287498&viewfull=1#post287498)referring to the CFS3 multiplayer problem. Saved me a heap of trouble.

Can we get back to discussing CFS3 now?

honestly, it's like talking with a teenager: they're never wrong either

Rich,

And that is way you posted the last paragraph in red, didn't you? :icon_lol:

The only thing I can distill from your - imho - rather sour posts are either "stop using CFS3" or "switch back to XP". What happened in your childhood years, man??

Might I suggest that you complain to the 'proper authorities' about your problems? The software programs you use, were concocted by several software companies such as Microsoft. If anyone is to blame for any incompatibilities that may arise from you using them, it's them - not us. We, visitors of this forum and amateur modders/designers, are doing the best we can with the tools at hand. If you don't like the solutions we have to offer, then find them yourself.
And yes, it's easy to find confirmation of your grumpy opinions on other fora. Negative experiences have a tendency to travel much further than positive ones. That's client-supplier relationship 101. But it's much more fun to find solutions to problems and regard them as challenges rather than as obstacles. I know, it can be frustrating at times but life's full of those moments. If you don't like all this, then simply go back to your other hobbies. But the fact that you are persisting in this, tells me that you can't leave it alone. You just have to find another way of venting your frustrations because, frankly, I don't need your formic acid dripping off my screen every time I visit this place.

Have a good weekend!

Frosty

Affirmative. That's a roger.

richcreator
January 6th, 2012, 09:45
Rich,

The only thing I can distill from your - imho - rather sour posts are either "stop using CFS3" or "switch back to XP". What happened in your childhood years, man??

Well, thank you very much for your outright rudeness and insults. And you deliberately post a personal insult to boot. Do you consider yourself one of
the friendly people here?
I never suggested not using CFS3 at any time. Why do you have to add exaggerations to try to win your side of your argument
when I am trying to discuss.
Why do so many use an XP partition? huh? Why?
Why do so many use compatability mode? huh? Why?
When people have Windows 7 problems, these two are the options I am suggesting and even doing what I do and use another PC. . . in a more forceful way to catch attention.

wombat666
January 6th, 2012, 10:02
Gentlemen [and 'others'], please calm down.
It costs nothing to be polite, and remember, you are ALWAYS under scrutiny.
The virtual walls are bugged.
:kilroy:

rocketred
January 6th, 2012, 10:30
RICH

if i didnt know any better id say you have made a point , that of......bashing . your posts are subject to large interpertation .

i see anger and no humility , passion is limited to the impluse of being right rather than seeking the answer, in a way human

this means
One who is concerned with the interests and welfare of humans--

the members in here soh , are people who got to where they sit, with alot of life experience and human skills ,

joshua

hairyspin
January 6th, 2012, 10:41
Gentlemen [and 'others'], please calm down.
It costs nothing to be polite...
Roger that wombat, I do try.

Sadly I'm going to make use of an SOH forum feature after this thread, never felt any need before. I'm sure you'll know what I mean.

Frosty
January 6th, 2012, 13:39
Richcreator,

Twice I have tried to make it clear that the way you express yourself does not evoke any warm feelings nor does it make people willing to help you. I did this in a calm manner, without using any cuss words.
The fact that you say that you will now even use more forceful ways to get the attention you (apparently) need, says it all. You cannot be helped. I sincerly wish you all the best with your CFS3/Windows problems.

westview
January 6th, 2012, 13:48
Maybe the best thing to do now is to just walk away from the thread and ignore any inflammatory statements.............

I've been having a blast with the new Buffalo and the P-43, I've always been interested in the more obscure aircraft.