PDA

View Full Version : MS Flight video trailer

hey_moe
January 5th, 2012, 02:01
Here is sample of the MS Flight video that should be released sometime this spring >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duwr6WOlTZo&feature=player_embedded when ya go there to view that video there are some more on the right side too.

stansdds
January 5th, 2012, 02:31
Nice scenery, but I see a lot of arcade gaming stuff in that video.

hey_moe
January 5th, 2012, 02:35
Yea I noticed that too, the only thing we can do is wait and see. Did you view any of the other ones?
Nice scenery, but I see a lot of arcade gaming stuff in that video.

rayrey10
January 5th, 2012, 18:04
I checked out a few of the vids and the scenery looks great. I can only image the kind of rig you're going to need to push those graphics.

I'm sure they're showing the "arcade" stuff for marketing purposes. I mean who really wants to just take off from one airport and land at another airport....hahahaha!!!

Cirrus N210MS
January 5th, 2012, 19:21
i am sticking with Fsx

OBIO
January 5th, 2012, 19:39
I'm sticking with FS9, with a few flights in FSX here and there in the handful of planes that I use in it.

OBIO

Francois
January 5th, 2012, 22:15
I'm sure they're showing the "arcade" stuff for marketing purposes.

Nope.

Astoroth
January 5th, 2012, 23:07
Posted elsewhere:

There will be no software development kit and hence no user created content.

No need to read any more about this product for me, it will never be on my computer.

stansdds
January 6th, 2012, 03:08
Yea I noticed that too, the only thing we can do is wait and see. Did you view any of the other ones?

The earlier videos looked like it was going to be the next in the MS Flight Sim series, but with vastly improved graphics. With the details now emerging, it is looking like this will be more of an arcade style game with sim features, such as additional aircraft and regions of the world, available from MS as payware add-ons. There will be no SDK available to the talented people that brought the Flight Sim world countless enhancements and freeware add-ons. I think MS is looking at the history of the Flight Sim series and wants to make Flight something that will appeal to the X-Box crowd and turn it into a cash cow. I guess I'll stay with FSX until I can no longer activate it, then I will revert to FS9 or go to X-Plane.

yank51
January 6th, 2012, 05:02
My understanding is tha they have adopted the ROF business model. The first airport and 2 planes are free, then you get to pay for each additional airport and plane you want to add on...:kilroy:

Looks like I won't be getting this one from MS. Will you??

andersel
January 6th, 2012, 15:41
Ever since I saw the early MS videos I have been both IMpressed and DEpressed by FLIGHT! While it’s true that the graphics are superb, the aircraft look very, well, FSXish.
But the two things that will keep me from ever entertaining the possibility of using this sim are
A. The cost of replacing my entire system with one that will adequately run it.
And
B. The decision to have this iteration of FS be, as was said earlier, a cash cow.
A major part of my love of FS9 is the truly community aspect of it.
Subjectively, treating FS purely as a money making enterprise is not something we see very much. Virtually all of the payware FS9 developers, those that remain, were simmers first and businesses later.
I don’t fly in FSX so I can’t speak to that aspect of FS.
And, apparently, MS is a business. Period.

rayrey10
January 7th, 2012, 04:25
My understanding is tha they have adopted the ROF business model. The first airport and 2 planes are free, then you get to pay for each additional airport and plane you want to add on...:kilroy:

Looks like I won't be getting this one from MS. Will you??

Wow! I just read about this.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/247326/why_freemium_is_right_for_microsoft_flight.html

Guess I'll have to take extra good care of my FS9 disk because they are going to have to last me for a long time.

Wittpilot
January 7th, 2012, 08:14
This is the very first thing I thought.... The other 'teaser' films they produced gave me high hopes amongst the arcadish rumors..... However, the new trailer looked nothing at all like the other films..... At least this is how I felt....It almost looks like the former films were renders and not any kind of actual gameplay......

I hope/pray that if this MS product fails in comparison to the former line of FS products, then another developer will step up to the plate... I think there is probably some good money it for someone to make if they could make a sim that would be compatitible to something we would have expected in FS11....

-witt

The earlier videos looked like it was going to be the next in the MS Flight Sim series, but with vastly improved graphics. With the details now emerging, it is looking like this will be more of an arcade style game with sim features, such as additional aircraft and regions of the world, available from MS as payware add-ons. There will be no SDK available to the talented people that brought the Flight Sim world countless enhancements and freeware add-ons. I think MS is looking at the history of the Flight Sim series and wants to make Flight something that will appeal to the X-Box crowd and turn it into a cash cow. I guess I'll stay with FSX until I can no longer activate it, then I will revert to FS9 or go to X-Plane.

Chacha
January 7th, 2012, 08:51
I'm sticking with FS9, with a few flights in FSX here and there .....
OBIO

+1...

:)

n4gix
January 7th, 2012, 09:04
A. The cost of replacing my entire system with one that will adequately run it.
And
B. The decision to have this iteration of FS be, as was said earlier, a cash cow.

Unfortunately, IMHO MS have bought themselves a very old cow, one which has a shriveled up and dry udder. In fact, the only thing that still works on that cow is the exhaust system, and the exhaust products are smelly and rather nasty...:pop4: