PDA

View Full Version : WWII Scenery for FSX?

falcon409
January 3rd, 2012, 21:56
I know the Iwo Jima scenery is being worked on, but what other scenery might there be that would go well with the Warbirdsim P-51?:salute:

huub vink
January 3rd, 2012, 22:57
For the European based version you can find quite some nice scenery here:

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/node

Cheers,
Huub

warchild
January 3rd, 2012, 23:10
and dont forget that Mark is updating the solomon islands scenery as well..

Francois
January 4th, 2012, 00:06
From a 'reliable source' I happen to know that a 'Normandy Beaches Project' has been started a few months ago..... But it will be awhile before I can divulge more on it. The competition is lurking ;-)

falcon409
January 4th, 2012, 04:15
From a 'reliable source' I happen to know that a 'Normandy Beaches Project' has been started a few months ago..... But it will be awhile before I can divulge more on it. The competition is lurking ;-)
Ahhhh Thanks Francois, I will keep that under wraps for the time being, lol:kilroy:

ZsoltB
January 4th, 2012, 04:52
Team SDB - RAF Station Goxhill X
http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=2193&osCsid=c5b949056cbc31bed6745a813ab17e93

stovall
January 4th, 2012, 09:08
Ed, when we get Iwo Jima out there Mark and I will be looking at Ie Shima (near Okinawa) as another project. Warchild gave us the idea and it will be fun to see what we can put together. That means you all need to be collecting pictures of the real thing so we can try to be as accurate as possible.

trucker17
May 25th, 2012, 06:06
MAAM Has the Normandie beach scenery out, its of the memorial....

Sieggie
May 25th, 2012, 07:16
They appear to have hidden it very well on the webpage.

Dave

trucker17
May 25th, 2012, 16:30
They appear to have hidden it very well on the webpage.

Dave

Yeah....I know...it took me a while to find it....

trucker17
May 25th, 2012, 16:38
go to

www.maam.org/maam_sim.html

Click on FREE STUFF.....Scenery Enhancements..... Should be the last scenery.....Just above the Doolittle Raid Task Force 16 Scenery.

jdhaenens
May 25th, 2012, 19:40
There's always Flugplaz Doebritz if you need to fly your axis fighters from a base. It's available at Simviation.

Jim

trucker17
May 25th, 2012, 20:25
Thx jim for the info......
What someone should do is start a page as to where to get the WWI and WWII scenery.......
It would make it alot earier to find......As it is now, its alot of hit and miss when it comes to getting it......

Sieggie
May 26th, 2012, 05:13
go to

www.maam.org (http://www.%3Cstrong%3Emaam.org%3C/strong%3E)/maam_sim.html

Click on FREE STUFF.....Scenery Enhancements..... Should be the last scenery.....Just above the Doolittle Raid Task Force 16 Scenery.

Thanks,

Dave

Wittpilot
May 26th, 2012, 05:58
Hey Falcon,

Why not make your own!!! Your Charlton scenery is one of my favorites. I'd love to fly out of something similar with maybe a slightly longer runway. It's a little tricky for me to get a Mustang in and out of there with the big tree at the end of the runway. But on the other hand, it makes it a lot more fun!

-witt

Francois
May 27th, 2012, 09:40
Thx jim for the info......
What someone should do is start a page as to where to get the WWI and WWII scenery.......
It would make it alot earier to find......As it is now, its alot of hit and miss when it comes to getting it......

Hmmmm... I have been working on and off on a website called FSClassic (for lack of a better name) with the intention to build it as a WW2 site to accompany our WW2 products. A WW2 index of products on it might not be such a wild idea......