PDA

View Full Version : Hms king george v

Roger
December 18th, 2008, 04:03
Just seen this at Delta. It'll be payware but it looks gorgeous...and there's even a nicely modeled Shagbat sitting on the ramp:medals:

http://www.deltasimstudio.com/index.htm

jimjones
December 18th, 2008, 04:37
Fantastic detail.

Bet fps will be a poor measurement expression.

Seconds per frame may be more correct, at least on my PC.:costumes:

heywooood
December 18th, 2008, 04:45
WoW - that lighting looks great - I'd like to see some tuna seiners and harbor tugs with the big worklights on 'em

much easier to render and far more ubiquitous than the big tin cans - Sitka should have lighted fishing boats in the vicinity as should most islands and waterways in FSX

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 18th, 2008, 06:00
He really makes the finest models floating in FSX , i have enjoyed a couple of his models and this looks like his masterpiece , i would dearly love to put animated projectiles in that and go and atomize an opponent in a mission.

Seaking055
December 18th, 2008, 06:22
OMG......that is truly stunning work, I had not heard of this site before so thanks for posting, I sure have it bookmarked now

Roger
December 18th, 2008, 06:46
Fantastic detail.

Ha ha,
But Jim how fast will it need to render at 20-30 knots??:wiggle:

Bjoern
December 18th, 2008, 07:42
He really makes the finest models floating in FSX , i have enjoyed a couple of his models and this looks like his masterpiece , i would dearly love to put animated projectiles in that and go and atomize an opponent in a mission.

Bismarck? *Gulp*

CG_1976
December 18th, 2008, 07:44
Hum fps trouble render???????? I have both Rotterdam and Orca with maybe a -3frame loss but no fluid motion trouble. I got my eye on this BB.

rayhere48
December 18th, 2008, 10:27
I have used these freeware ships for fs9 and fsx, I was wondering how you guys reverse the ship when you want to dock them. I have only figured that yaw mode is the best I can do to reverse them. I do like all the ships and small vessels for fs and would really like to operate them with as much realism as possible.

simkid22
December 18th, 2008, 10:39
They should take that Supermarine Walrus off the deck and let us fly it!

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 18th, 2008, 10:53
With the Bismark at the top of the target list i sent an Email to Robert at Deltasim with an offer to add animated shells , effects and sound to the model without charge ... quite simply because i think it would be a blast ..
Fingers Crossed he says yes . C.J

IanP
December 18th, 2008, 11:03
Does pushback work? That might do a reverse functionality of sorts...

Ian P.

crashaz
December 18th, 2008, 12:27
Fantastic detail.

I think you are going to be surprised. Looks like a budget of @ least 150K on that ship(Depends on that railing).

FSX really gives us a terrific engine for these larget poly models.

I am looking forward to this. Will get it and I hope it performs well. I have my USS Arizona (125K scratch built) to put in FSX...if this KGV does well! :applause:

Ian Warren
December 18th, 2008, 14:16
I use Flight Simulation for flight , with FXS I really enjoyed the more stable aircraft carrier , a solid deck from which we can do all sorts , and wicked fun in multiplay , my away from the pc outside hobby away from aviation is building .... what do you no i build RC Battleships http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/http:/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/KG51Medium.jpg%5B/IMG%5D the later wartime KGV class .. yeah happens to be the name in the class , look like i'm going to change my flight sim ways

Ian Warren
December 18th, 2008, 14:20
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/KG51Medium.jpg

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 18th, 2008, 14:36
Re: "With the Bismark at the top of the target list i sent an Email to Robert at Deltasim with an offer to add animated shells , effects and sound to the model without charge ... quite simply because i think it would be a blast ..
Fingers Crossed he says yes . C.J "

I got a reply from Robert and he is in aggrement with my evil intentions , time to go ballistc !

crashaz
December 18th, 2008, 14:39
Nice!:jump: Can really start bringing the Navy in!

Hmm some nice possibilities

Sailing around the Slot..
Waiting outside Montavideo for Graf Spee

:costumes:

Scratch
December 18th, 2008, 15:18
That is one fine looking ship!

CodyValkyrie
December 18th, 2008, 16:14
... THE VIDEOS!... Oh the possibilities.

MCDesigns
December 18th, 2008, 17:26
Hum fps trouble render???????? I have both Rotterdam and Orca with maybe a -3frame loss but no fluid motion trouble. I got my eye on this BB.

Wow, that is a sweet shot, what scenery is that?

This does looks great, I'd be happy with just the gun firing effects, don't need the projectiles. To bad he can't/won't make an AI version as well

heywooood
December 18th, 2008, 19:21
so - are there targets to destroy if there are no damage models? :kilroy:

I guess I'm missing the pint :ernae:

CG_1976
December 18th, 2008, 19:41
Wow, that is a sweet shot, what scenery is that?

This does looks great, I'd be happy with just the gun firing effects, don't need the projectiles. To bad he can't/won't make an AI version as well

Why its MoCat's Caribbean Seaplanes Scenery and Lands Ends.

Bjoern
December 19th, 2008, 04:31
Re: "With the Bismark at the top of the target list i sent an Email to Robert at Deltasim with an offer to add animated shells , effects and sound to the model without charge ... quite simply because i think it would be a blast ..
Fingers Crossed he says yes . C.J "

I got a reply from Robert and he is in aggrement with my evil intentions , time to go ballistc !

Get me a Bismarck model and history will take different turn. :kilroy: :icon_lol:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 19th, 2008, 05:49
Ja Sir , you vill get z nose blown off this time instead of its tail !

DPS
December 19th, 2008, 08:48
Great find. I will need to track down the link to the Jet Thunder 3D General Belgrano that they were going to put into their Falklands War game. I'm sill waiting for this one to come out.

Bjoern
December 19th, 2008, 08:50
Ha! Zis time ju von't haev zose wobbly old Swordfischs vor dat lucky Torpedo hit!

SkippyBing
December 19th, 2008, 09:16
Lucky my a***! We had the pilot at a mess dinner last month, mad as a box of badgers.

jeansy
December 19th, 2008, 17:08
as mentioned earlier, that would be a awesome sight to see that as AI

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 19th, 2008, 19:36
so - are there targets to destroy if there are no damage models? :kilroy:

I guess I'm missing the pint :ernae:

It’s a limitation that can only be overcome using simconnect.dll on a network or server set up for the scenario, all the distinct code used needs to be incorporated into the .ddl to support it , quite complex .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Using targets in missions on the other hand is far less difficult and can <o:p></o:p>
signal direct hits with explosions and animations onscreen.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Turning any model into AI traffic can be done though admittedly this is a bit heavy in the polygon department Robert's framerates are pretty high.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
All the same its " just for fun " , i have been a secret sailor in FS for a long time , starting with the Fletcher , and some sailboats i released for FS9 <o:p></o:p>
and in real life since i was a kid.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

X_eidos2
December 20th, 2008, 01:49
If you're in a hurry to get a Bismark to work on, TurboSquid has a Max model for only $30. It weighs in at 149,009 polygons.

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_2008_05_23__02_57_59/BISMARK_TASCHEN_img.jpgbc7a7870-897d-4a22-9095-be43020b466eLarge.jpg

Now if this naval use of FSX ever moves to WW1, I've got a whole fleet waiting :icon_lol:

http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/3d_flightsim/Album_Ships_files/Photos/Drake2_edited.jpg

redrooster
December 20th, 2008, 13:21
DPS,
Is this the picture you were referring to? 5th post down.
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=23241

redrooster

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 20th, 2008, 13:58
This is just so BIG , i need more monitor .