PDA

View Full Version : Asking for help with Sound issue

wconkle
January 2nd, 2012, 16:57
I'm having a problem with FSX sound. When I switch to an external view, the engine sound is sort of 'crackly'. It changes with the cone effect (as I swing the view around) but always remains crackly. If I show the options bar and select any menu from it (ie: map, options, etc) it immediately sounds normal, and when I close the map for example, the sound remains normal. Then I re-enter VC mode (where the sound is always normal) and when I go back to external views, the sound problem re-occurs. Also, the problem does not exist in the overhead view, only the two that can traverse around the plane.

I normally fly in VC mode, so I haven't been too bothered about this, but I picked up a new plane and it sounds so good that I want to listen to the rumbly engine from outside! LOL

I have tried changing drivers for the sound, LAN, and video card, all with no effect. Any ideas? I really don't want to re-install FSX again. Thanks!

Wes

OleBoy
January 2nd, 2012, 22:18
Something you might try, is install "windows" drivers for your sound card. That is, if you are running a 64 bit operating system. I've heard it clears that noise issue up in many cases. I've also read that installing the "windows" drivers does not work for everyone. The only thing that comes to mind there is the drivers do not play well with all motherboards. (shrug)

JIMJAM
January 3rd, 2012, 08:52
I am assuming you are using a dedicated sound card and not the computers onboard card. If not, you should be. I use a creative labs X-fi.
Are the issues with ALL planes or that one?
I have noticed certain sound settings upset FSX so some experimenting is needed. Turn off any extra sound effects, lower the quality.raise it,play with the speaker settings and also the FSX settings. I have not had any issues in a while but some older FSX and fs9 port sounds are crackly. If you continue having issues pm me and I will change my settings, recreate the crackling and tell you what the culprit is.