PDA

View Full Version : Three new ships by Jaxon

Jagdflieger
December 17th, 2008, 22:07
Jaxon has released two updated Ground Crew tankers and an updated CFS 1 tug (Schlepper). They're up and ready to download.

Thanks Jaxon. They're great additions to the merchant marine of CFS 2.

Here is the schlepper towing the Endurance into harbor after a total boiler failure.

Ravenna
December 17th, 2008, 22:46
Great work Jaxon. Your new U boat textures are also greatly appreciated!
:ernae:

Ravenna
December 17th, 2008, 22:49
Hmmm...don't know what happened then.

hewman100
December 18th, 2008, 02:16
I should imagine the Nav and WOP/AG have got some vomit to mop up Michael:costumes:

AGAS 5
December 18th, 2008, 02:36
Very nice Jaxon - thank you :jump:

Pete

Jaxon
December 18th, 2008, 03:52
Thx for the feedback!

I have so many 85-95% finished projects you even don`t know about.
And some others were even announced to be released within a certain time.

But actually, I always find something I am not happy with.
And when I think I am ready, I need a bit of time to pack them up and upload them, too.

Well, at the moment I have that time. After finishing my studying, I cleaned up the desk, house etc. and all the stuff, that needed to have some final work.

A good feeling!

:wiggle:

Bill Kestell
December 18th, 2008, 08:13
Gotta' throw my 2 cents in as well ... thanks for some more really nice ships. WOW!

Jagdflieger
December 18th, 2008, 08:30
For all of you mission builders, here are Jaxon's JPEGs sized and titled for your Info folder so that you can see the ships in the Mission Builder display window. Just expand, save and then place them in your Info folder.

Tango_Romeo
December 18th, 2008, 09:32
Hmmm...don't know what happened then.

...not only Blatant Air Crew Abuse (BACA) on the part of the pilot, but also Felony Airframe Overstress (FAO, not to be confused with F.A.O. Schwartz) and even Excessive Uboat Abuse (EUA)....you're going down on three counts. :173go1:

This calls for a new Flak Boot that will engender some respect from little rinky-dink patrol bombers......i.e. come within 5000 yards and you're going down. I can see it now: You catch a hapless Uboat on the surface and are preparing to put her down. As you lineup for a bomb-run, you notice that she is not trying to submerge. How strange and suddenly you realize that you are under heavy AAA fire. Turning away you find that four addtional Uboats have surfaced and you are surrounded. As you float toward the cold. cold sea in your parachute, you regret being so cocky. :costumes:

Wait for it....it's coming! A Nebelwerfer quad 20mm mount, dual Bofors 37mm and 88mm deck gun with AAA mount and sights. All that weight...she'll have to be a IXD. :ernae:

PSULLYKEYS
December 18th, 2008, 11:05
Goody! more ships!! Thanx Jax...:applause:

Pen32Win
December 18th, 2008, 12:51
MMmmmmm... Tankers, Burn Good ...... MMmmmmmm .... Fire Warm, Fire Good!!!:costumes:

Keep up the great work Jaxon....

Jaxon
December 18th, 2008, 14:10
Seems you like 'my' ships.
So here are the next.

The already as "soon to be released" (may 2007 :redf:) Paddlesteamer Waverley.

The ship is of FS9 origin and looks a bit small compared to the others. But maybe she WAS a smaller ship?

However, she comes in the colours of the British LNER (London and North Eastern Railway) and shipped (and still DOES!) up and down the Scottish river Clyde (near/at Glasgow).

Exactly the type of ship, we all love. I converted it and touched the model & textures here and there to polish her up for our CFS2 world.

She is already up and only waiting to be approved and offered for DL.

Jaxon
December 18th, 2008, 14:16
And one you did not know before:

DS (Dampfschiff/Steamship) Hermann Fritzen of Fritzen Reederei in Emden, Northern Germany.

It is a repaint of Wolfi`s Hog Islander, but is actually of British origin:

D/S "Hermann Fritzen"
Rufz.: DAPK, 3.898 tdw. 9 Kts. 1.850 PS.
===============================

1906 als brit. "Nonsuch" in Dienst.
1913 umbenannt in "Clearway".
1925 als "Efstathios" nach Griechenland.
1925 als "Werner Kunstmann" nach Stettin.
1938 umbenannt in "Hermann Fritzen".
1944 nach Bombenangriff im Hamburger Hafen gesunken.
1949 geborgen und wieder in Dienst.

April 1959 in Hamburg abgebrochen.

So she was hit and sunk after bombing in Hamburg (HH) Harbour 1944.
That was the reason for me to reactivate her virtually.
The WW1 Hog Islander's appearance is very close to the British designs of that time, see yourself:

Ravenna
December 18th, 2008, 16:09
...not only Blatant Air Crew Abuse (BACA) on the part of the pilot, but also Felony Airframe Overstress (FAO, not to be confused with F.A.O. Schwartz) and even Excessive Uboat Abuse (EUA)....you're going down on three counts. :173go1:

This calls for a new Flak Boot that will engender some respect from little rinky-dink patrol bombers......i.e. come within 5000 yards and you're going down. I can see it now: You catch a hapless Uboat on the surface and are preparing to put her down. As you lineup for a bomb-run, you notice that she is not trying to submerge. How strange and suddenly you realize that you are under heavy AAA fire. Turning away you find that four addtional Uboats have surfaced and you are surrounded. As you float toward the cold. cold sea in your parachute, you regret being so cocky. :costumes:

Wait for it....it's coming! A Nebelwerfer quad 20mm mount, dual Bofors 37mm and 88mm deck gun with AAA mount and sights. All that weight...she'll have to be a IXD. :ernae:
:costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes: A good job we flew before breakfast!

Jagdflieger
December 18th, 2008, 22:05
Lot's of new ships and they sure help the scenery.

Thanks to all the shipwrights for the effort.

Here's a little retro scenery. Boulogne in WW I.

Skipsan
December 19th, 2008, 07:49
TR when she is ready send me the gunstation coordinates and Ill work up a "dp" for her :wiggle: So stand-by fly boy:gameoff:

It well be my pleaser.

Skipsan:kilroy:

Jagdflieger
December 19th, 2008, 12:31
The Waverly is up and ready to download.

Get it here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13205

Thanks Jaxon!

Attached is a info shot for the Mission Builder if you want one.