PDA

View Full Version : Captain sim C-130 repaints

conork
January 2nd, 2012, 06:52
Hey everyone , Happy New Year to all of you :)

im wondering if there are any good MC130 repaints around , or even any good C130 repaints :)

also could someone point out some good air force base scenery for using with my hercules fleet , I'm from ireland and don't really know all US c130 air bases. what id like is scenery with some aircraft on the ground , not AI aircraft just parked ones :)

All for fsx by the way.

thanks you :)

papab
January 2nd, 2012, 08:18
Sign in to your CS account with your order number and you can get a ton of repaints for that aircraft
Rick

Dangerous Beans
January 2nd, 2012, 08:27
Sign in to your CS account with your order number and you can get a ton of repaints for that aircraft
Rick

Problem with that idea is that most of the repaints they link to were on Avsim before they had there server crash ages ago and are therefore lost forever in cyber space.

conork
January 2nd, 2012, 08:29
Rick

I've got the boxed just flight version , therefore i dunno if i have an order number , i could be wrong though ...

fxsttcb
January 2nd, 2012, 09:05
I've got the boxed just flight version , therefore i dunno if i have an order number , i could be wrong though ...Good Luck! I have the boxed JF version too. I bought it at the local Micro-Center.
A copy of the sales receipt doesn't have a valid order number, so I'm SOL.

papab
January 2nd, 2012, 10:18
Problem with that idea is that most of the repaints they link to were on Avsim before they had there server crash ages ago and are therefore lost forever in cyber space.

I just logged into my account at CS-22 pages of 10 repaints each. The download link does not direct to AVSIM-I tried on one each page,they all worked!

It did direct me to this site that does repaints for CS and many more-Nath"s Repaints http://nathansfsxrepaints.co.uk/

Click on the cargo transport tab and you will see many repaints for the CS 130-

Rick

conork
January 2nd, 2012, 15:27
thanks for all the replys guys , ive now a lot of great repaints installed. any suggestions of scenery that i could use with my c130's ????? .what I'm looking for are c130 air bases , where there are aircraft on the ground , or really any fun areas to fly c130's in general (i mean short strips for tactical landings etc )

airattackimages
January 2nd, 2012, 15:58
Orbx's Bowerman Airport is a gorgeous freeware airport that I fly C-130s in and out of all the time. It's not a challenge to operate out of there unless you screw up your approach though, haha. Good piece of scenery to have regardless.

airattackimages
January 2nd, 2012, 16:06
By the way, I forgot to mention I also have their freeware Vashion Island, which I also have successfully flown the Herc in and out of, and that one is REALLY challenging. There are wires to clear on approach and you have to come within feet of them on final or you won't be able to stop. Likewise on the way out, max performance takeoff and you just BARELY clear the wires getting off the ground. Fun!

Victory103
January 3rd, 2012, 01:29
Although I highly recommend AI, there are some FSX scenery packs out for military bases and a newer C-130 scenery object. Search "Jim Cook" on Flightsim. Your main US base for the home of the Hercules is Little Rock AFB (KLRF) in Arkansas, there is an assault strip just waiting for you. If you decide to go AI, head over to Military AI Works and you will find just about every worldwide military user of the C-130 series for the HTAI model.

conork
January 3rd, 2012, 12:50
thanks for all the suggestions guys ..it really helped . i would like to try the ai traffic but I'm concerned about what sort of frame rates it would give me ...ive also got no idea how to install the ai , I've also heard that military ai is for fs2004 and id need to convert for fsx , I've no idea how to do that :D

it would be nice ...but ill need a bit of help.

little rock airbase sounds great , id also be interested in an mc 130 base of some kind...would that be possible with ai ???

thanks everyone for the great help :)

expat
January 4th, 2012, 03:30
Wish I could get my CS C-130 to start consistently, or at least that CS or others pinpoint once and for all why I and apparently quite a few others have issues with inconsistent cold & dark starts. Like the plane and like the systems and start up sequence to follow. Ditto with their 707 and 727.

With the Herc, we all follow the tutorials. The problem is actually when you DO get it to start normally, you don't know what you did right. Sort of like when, like me, you are a rubbish golfer and hit that straight drive for 200 yds but can't tell what it was that made it happen. Brought it out of the hangar last night based on this thread. Followed the detailed guide but somehow had two or three engines running after hitting just the #3 starter button. Got her airborne and then suddenly got blue screen o/s crash. Just too unpredictable. Back into the hangar she goes.

conork
January 4th, 2012, 04:40
thats a shame your having those problems , because she is such a nice bird in the air when you her going , id like to get some airbase c130 ai to go with her as i feel quite alone in my fsx skies :)

happy flying and i hope you get your problems sorted soon

good luck

Conor

robertorizzo
January 4th, 2012, 04:55
I highly recommend Airfield Construction Group airbases: Coningsby, Marham, Woodbridge are absolutely pieces of freeware art. Their level is close to the most famous payware sceneries of civil airports. Then UKMIL Northumbria.

conork
January 4th, 2012, 13:00
id just like to say thanks to everyone again for replying and helping me in this thread , you all really helped , I'm now flying C-130H's from little rock AFB with ai aircraft around me , thanks alot :)

expat
January 4th, 2012, 23:08
OK, got it started properly from cold and dark, this time without any reference during the sequence to the manual or tutorial (happy). Got airborne and she does have very nice manners. There is indeed something special about the view from the VC of the Herc and for that matter my other CS planes. The VC's make them special. Then realised I had no avionics power, which I did after take off as I had started to switch on the AP and the light had come on. Now no light, no GPS, no avioncs, no idea if there is a master avionics switch on the OH panels I might have missed somewhere (less happy now).

I recommed you check out the MAIW Patrick AFB scenery and accompaning AI. Located near Melbourne FL and just south of Canaveral, it is a nice location between the Atlantic and Indian River to fly to and from. I have a couple of the HTAI Herc models flying in and out for added activity.