PDA

View Full Version : IRIS F-14 Launch Nose Gear Problem

Wings of Gold
December 31st, 2011, 15:55
I have started taking my IRIS F-14 out to the USS Nimitz. I added the standard [Launch Assistance] paragraph in the aircraft.cfg file, so that I can use the Acceleration Catapult launchs. It (like the rest of my carrier aircraft) does work - however (in the IRIS F-14's case) the addition of the launch assistance paragraph also results in the lower portion of the nose gear no longer retracting. The rest of the landing gear retracts (including the upper portion of the nose gear). If I do NOT add the launch assistance paragraph, the nose gear retracts normally. Is there any known fix to this problem? Pam??

Bill

gradyhappyg
December 31st, 2011, 16:09
Try hitting either Shift/I or Shift/U after launch.
One of those (I forget which) is the default key to retract the launch bar.

wilycoyote4
December 31st, 2011, 16:20
cannot check my desktop pc which has FSX on it just now I recall the manual has statements about using the VC switch to lower the nose for cat launch I could be wrong so I'll check later

Sieggie
December 31st, 2011, 17:40
I believe that the cat works correctly without the Launch Assist entry in the cfg file. Adding it is probably causing a conflict with code in the model. I have done cat launches and do not have it in my cfg. One note of caution, the wheels will not retract with the cat launch bar down so you have to retract it then put the wheels up as I remember.

Dave

BrittMac
December 31st, 2011, 23:43
I never added anything to the Cfg file to make it "compatible" with the Accel carriers. I have used it off of them and don't recall any problems. HOWEVER, I cannot retract my gear after launching from a carrier if I don't reverse the setup procedure. It is as if when you "lock" the gear to the catapult, the gear "locks" down and wont retract until I hit Shift + U a second time. Then the gear works fine, retracts, and I am hitting the gas to gain altitude.

I hope your problem is as simple as this.

GregG
January 1st, 2012, 05:20
The iris Tomcat works fine with carriers without editing the config file. That's what causes a conflict I think. On non-iris aircrafts I have to retract the launch bar first (shift+u)