PDA

View Full Version : Bandwidth drive and our commercial members...

Roger
December 31st, 2011, 09:31
I know that some of our vendors/developers have already donated for 2012 and we thank them very much. If you are a payware developer, seller or reseller we very much appreciate it if you donated to the cause. We like to think we do a good and fair job here for all our commercial community so if you're happy with our rules and forum presentation and haven't done so already please donate what you feel is appropriate.

Thank you in anticipation,

Roger.

Francois
January 1st, 2012, 01:48
Hi,

although financially 2011 was a disastrous year for me, I chipped in with a few Dollars. When things pick up, I'll be happy to add some more. Meanwhile, there are a LOT of 'good causes' like these in the industry (and beyond) and it is getting really difficult to balance the little available money. So me donating a bit to SOH means it is a REALLY good site ;-)

By the way.... how do we see the difference between 'private' and 'commercial' members again? (In fact, this being my hobby as well as my work, I consider myself both :wavey: )

Keep up the good work and Happy New year !

P.S. Never mind, fixed it for ya ! :ernae:

Roger
January 1st, 2012, 03:44
Thanks François. All the best to you too:ernae:

"By the way.... how do we see the difference between 'private' and 'commercial' members again? (In fact, this being my hobby as well as my work, I consider myself both :wavey:"

That's easy, just donate twice, lol:naturesm:

Francois
January 1st, 2012, 05:48
LOL. Lets wait and see how developments go ;-)

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
January 4th, 2012, 06:23
As bad a year as it was I am sure it would have been worse without SOH, my thanks to the staff for their able assistance in tempering our excesses and the members for the valuable feedback and support over 2011.

Now get ready for 2012 ! , it’s been raining simulators lately, watching the production of Flight I began to have the opinion that it would restore FSX to its position of the most sophisticated simulator available, there will be contenders for Low and Slow but for complex addons FSX is the real deal , long live the king !<o:p></o:p>

Roger
January 4th, 2012, 11:03
Thanks Chuck, we appreciate it.

Roadburner440
January 4th, 2012, 16:00
I will be donating as well... My bills vs pay are kind of flip flopped now since I moved to Virginia in November. Before my free money was in the first half of the month, and I paid all the bills the second half. Now it is backwards, so I will be coughing up some cash for the servers even if you guys hit your mark. You guys definately are good hosts, and I enjoy the company here... However I am a large customer of the other developers as well, so somehow that puts me in the middle of being "commercial" and a hobbyist. :icon_lol: Look forward to spending another year here though. Lets just hope Ickie has a good year running the show.

Gibbage
January 4th, 2012, 16:34
Without a doubt! KCFS will be sure to kick in some money to help keep SOH up!

Deano
January 16th, 2012, 15:40
hehe couldn't resist :wiggle:

crashaz
January 16th, 2012, 19:17
Thanks everyone! We appreciate it!!:wavey:

Lionheart
January 16th, 2012, 19:59
<-- donated a few days ago.

Thanks SOH for a great place to hang out and talk planes and Flight Simulator!

Roger
January 16th, 2012, 23:02
Thanks to all for donating:ernae:

Mathias
January 16th, 2012, 23:18
Uhm, just donated a second time after the recent call for reserves.

IRIS
January 17th, 2012, 03:08
Happy to have chipped in.

David, Karen & Team

robertorizzo
January 17th, 2012, 03:18
Because SOH gave me in these years more than i could do.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
January 17th, 2012, 06:23
Glad to see the fundraising effort nears its goal, an idea that came to mind this morning was sponsorships , much like pbs, the banner could include support from contributing sponsors, payware or private, for a 500$ contribution.

No special privelages need be associated with it, but a few of these sponsorships could go some way towards bandwith costs .

wantok
January 17th, 2012, 07:46
One of the first to donate Jan 01 '12. Good to know others are contributing as well to keep our site running without ads. :salute:
Will continue to support anytime.

Cheers!

Roger
January 17th, 2012, 08:48
Thanks again fellas:ernae: