PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year!

Jagdflieger
December 30th, 2011, 10:56
I post this a little early for us North Americans with the realization that our brethren in Australia and Asia will be celebrating the New Year very soon now.

All the best to all the Faithful down here in the basement in 2012 no matter where on this planet that you live!

Just think, the Titanic sank a hundred years ago this coming year and WW I was just two years away in 1912.

Seagull V
December 30th, 2011, 13:19
Happy New Year to everyone.

This year was not the best - am looking forward to the new one.

Regards, Seagull V

The B24 Guy
December 30th, 2011, 18:24
Best Wishes to All.:guinness:

Regards,
B24Guy

Shadow Wolf 07
December 31st, 2011, 05:26
A joyous, prosperous and happy New Year to you all! :wavey:

SW07

Worthless
December 31st, 2011, 07:50
Seagull V's message prompts me to reflect a bit. I was retired rather suddenly a couple of years ago. So far though, in spite of the inevitable changes that has brought me I feel good and am able to enjoy life. This forum has filled in the gaps nicely.

Thanks to all and Happy New Year!!!!!!

Morton
December 31st, 2011, 08:50
New years party starting right now here in Norway. 5 hours left of the old year, so...
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my friends here at SOH!

Morton:icon29:

PomBee
December 31st, 2011, 09:07
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.:ernae::ernae:

Cheers,

PomBee.

Captain Kurt
December 31st, 2011, 11:02
Happy New Year to all. May it be blessed and prosperous for each of you here.

p14u2nv
December 31st, 2011, 14:30
Happy New Year to everyone and the very best of wishes for a happy and prosperous 12 months...

:USA-flag:

dmaloof
December 31st, 2011, 16:38
Merry new year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOiN5TQhP2Q

Oglivie
December 31st, 2011, 20:43
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hern07
December 31st, 2011, 22:56
Right on Seagull !. But 2012 will be better and I wish a Happy New Year for all. I believe that Mayan guy just got tired of doing calendars and the world is not going to end this yeat. :icon_lol:

Devildog73
December 31st, 2011, 23:29
WOW, Here in Germany they know how to put on a fireworks show!
The fireworks started up into the air about 23:30 Central Europe Time and continued until 00:30. They were coming up out of just about every yard, off the top of every apt building, out of every parking lot and garden plot in Stuttgart and surrounding villages. We live on a hill overlooking north Stuttgart, Bad Cannstatt, Fellbach, Ludwigsburg, Leonburg, Waiblingen, Zuffenhausen, and several other villages and towns to the northwest-north-northeast of Stuttgart proper. WOW! What a show!

The ONLY thing missing: SNOW, SCHNEE, LA NEIGE, NEVE!

It was foggy and drissly all day and evening, so pretty much no chance of anything catching on fire from the fireworks all around. The clouds lifted to about 300-500 feet above the city latter in the evening-early night, and the show had enough room below the clouds to proceed. The odd thing about it was that they were not city sponsored fireworks on the magnitude of the really big stuff in the States. Each individual German citizen had their own display going up. Many of those would rival some of the smaller city displays in the USA. But, there were none of the really, really, really big booms 500 to 1,000 feet up, nor the finale display that we are used to on July 4th. There were just 600,000 Germans celebrating the incoming Glückliches neues Jahr all over the Capital of Baden-Wurttemberg.

The other really impressive thing was that there were actually fewer ambulances driving by our house last night than on most nights here. Since we live right next to the 5-star krankenhaus (hospital) in Stuttgart, we always at least hear them as they go from and to carrying the injured and ill. Last night was loud, but not with ambulance sirens.

May this new year of 2012 be more blessed and happy for each and everyone of my CFS2 brothers in virtual arms! And also those of my NATO member brothers at arms and other freedom loving men and women of military service around the world!

Devildog73
January 1st, 2012, 09:54
Here is Stuttgart New Years video from last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Ly9XP1mFA

Jagdflieger
January 1st, 2012, 10:01
Great times in Germany and a nice video.

We too have massive numbers of explosions and star bursts here in the Puget Sound Area of Washington and of course the Space Needle always has a tremendous display of fireworks too.

Here's the Space Needle for 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GmHw70s3F8

vidal
January 2nd, 2012, 08:54
Hey:applause:, happy New year to all the simmers over the world.