PDA

View Full Version : Wolfi's forest

Blondi
December 30th, 2011, 05:12
I recently installed some of Wolfi's forest.It looks like cardboard cutouts .I did install LDW trees as per instructions.Their obviously not installing right.Is there a fix for this.Blondi:santahat:

Blondi
December 30th, 2011, 05:27
I recently installed some of Wolfi's forest.It looks like cardboard cutouts .I did install LDW trees as per instructions.Their obviously not installing right.Is there a fix for this.Blondi:santahat:

OK, it appears I did not look far enough.It is actually Lindsey's ldw trees that are not showing up at all. I am going to have to reinstall them and see if I have tree's and forests then.HAve a good one Blondi:santahat:

Jagdflieger
December 30th, 2011, 09:50
Oooops! The cardboard cutouts sounds like the texture .bmp files didn't get into the texture file.

I use Wolfi's forests and Lindsay's trees in much of my mission building. They really add to the environment. Note Wolfi's rice paddies in the center SS of Vietnam.

middle
December 30th, 2011, 10:10
Wow, Dave...the old senior sim looks great. After I switch out machines I'm gonna re-install cfs2 just to take advantage of all the stuff that's available. When my folks died last year, altho I was cut from the will, I did recieve a bunch of stuff that the executrix of the estate let me have just cuz they wanted it out of the house to sell the house...so, along with a giant HD widescreen TV and dvd player I also received a couple of their computers which are more powerful then the one I am using now plus they both have huge HD's....my wife, bless her heart, is using the one with Vista installed and the other one has XP installed so I wiill switch that one with the one I'm using. The new machine actually has a real vid card in it...this machine that I'm using has an onboard vidchip and altho it workls ok, it will be real nice having a good Nvidia card.
Dave, you've inspired me to get off my butt and switch ;em out...Happy New Year!!! Middle

Jagdflieger
December 30th, 2011, 10:18
Happy New Year to you too Mid and all the rest of the Faithful down here in the basement!

Blondi
December 30th, 2011, 13:21
Wow, Dave...the old senior sim looks great. After I switch out machines I'm gonna re-install cfs2 just to take advantage of all the stuff that's available. When my folks died last year, altho I was cut from the will, I did recieve a bunch of stuff that the executrix of the estate let me have just cuz they wanted it out of the house to sell the house...so, along with a giant HD widescreen TV and dvd player I also received a couple of their computers which are more powerful then the one I am using now plus they both have huge HD's....my wife, bless her heart, is using the one with Vista installed and the other one has XP installed so I wiill switch that one with the one I'm using. The new machine actually has a real vid card in it...this machine that I'm using has an onboard vidchip and altho it workls ok, it will be real nice having a good Nvidia card.
Dave, you've inspired me to get off my butt and switch ;em out...Happy New Year!!! Middle

Hi Middle, Let me give you a bit of advice.DO NOT get rid of your xp machine when you get your new computer. Your going to be stunned at how many Games,and softwear won't run on a 64 bit machine.anything that uses DOS.have a good one.BLONDI:santahat:

Blondi
December 30th, 2011, 13:24
Oooops! The cardboard cutouts sounds like the texture .bmp files didn't get into the texture file.

I use Wolfi's forests and Lindsay's trees in much of my mission building. They really add to the environment. Note Wolfi's rice paddies in the center SS of Vietnam.

Hi Jag,your screenshots look great.I had to totally reload Lindsey's LDW trees, and Wolfi's forests. Works fine now.Have a good one Blondi:santahat:

middle
January 3rd, 2012, 13:20
As a matter of fact I will never get rid of BOTH of my xp machines.My wife has the Vista machine and she can keep it

Devildog73
January 4th, 2012, 01:38

Middle,
I have two separate physical HDs on both my machines, not partitioned one HD into two. On one HD is XP Multimedia on both PC and laptop. On the laptop the other HD is WIN7X64, on the PC is WIN7X32. I have 4 GIG RAM on both, but, as you and most know, the 32 bit OS only see 3.33 GIG of the 4. On the 64 bit it sees all 4 GIG. But, BUT, there is a trade off. CFS2 and some other game programs have some issues on 64 bit systems. Once you get used to WIN7 gremlins, CFS2 can be made to run quite well on it, both 32 and 64.

AND, I am not getting rid of the XP HDs. I will continue to dual boot. In fact, I am considering installing one more HD that I will install WIN7X64 on the PC so that I can max it out with 8 GIGs of RAM. (MB limitations). I am wondering how CFS2 will run on a system with 8 GIGs RAM, 1 GIG Vid RAM, 7200 RPM HD under WIN7X64? I have even considered finding an XP 64 bit to see if that will run with 8 GIGs of RAM..........

But, like you, I am not going to get rid of my XP installs any time soon.