PDA

View Full Version : Some screenshots of the upcoming A2A WoP 3 P-40

ICDP
December 30th, 2011, 02:00
Scott has given me the OK to post some screenshots of the new P-40 to whet your appetite. This particular P-40B represents the aircraft flown by 2nd Lt. Ken Taylor on Dec 7th 1941. Some sources list his P-40B that day as buzz number 316, but research has shown the number to be most likely 155. Other sources even state his P-40B as having no buzz number at all. I elected to go with 155 because most research points to that, and well, I like it the most :)

I took these using enbseries (freeware) for FSX which adds some image sharpening and extra HDR effects. I also have Shade (payware) installed which gives a much more dramatic shadow effect. Apart from these in game effects there has been no post screensot photoshoping. Sorry for the large size for those on smaller monitors.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/ICDP/155.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/ICDP/1553.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/ICDP/1552.jpg

Right click on images and select "view image" to see hi-res versions.

Phantom88
December 30th, 2011, 02:25
:jump::jump:Beautiful! Can't wait!:jump::jump:

huub vink
December 30th, 2011, 02:27
Brilliant textures again Martin!

Cheers,
Huub

RobH
December 30th, 2011, 03:13
Absolutely gorgeous Martin! Really looking forward to getting this.:applause::applause:

DennyBoy
December 30th, 2011, 03:38
Hi

Is the P-40B with AccuSim an update of original A2A´s P-40B for FSX, or is all new?

Regard
DennyBoy

Daube
December 30th, 2011, 04:35
All new model !
And Accusim will be an extention for this new model.

jp
December 30th, 2011, 07:29
Looks great. Can't wait till it's released. Looks like another job well done.:salute:

Jp

AndyE1976
December 30th, 2011, 08:33
The P-40 has just never grabbed me in the same way as the Spit or P-51, but I'm definitely going to give this one a try. Everything about it looks superb.

lucas81
December 30th, 2011, 09:44
Looks fantastic! Can not wait for the relase! Great job, as always, Martin!

Lucas

Roger
December 30th, 2011, 10:40
Gorgeous!

rgatkinson
December 30th, 2011, 11:32
Having already purchased the current A2A P-40 for FSX I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that I will have to purchase an all-new product to benefit from Accusim :-(

I think I'll wait for the P-51D Accusim model/combination.

Taff

Scratch
December 30th, 2011, 12:48
WOW! That's about as close to perfection as one can get:salute:

ryanbatc
December 30th, 2011, 12:53
Awesome first pic!

Is this the model Michael (sp? username empeck) is working on?

Ian Warren
December 30th, 2011, 13:01
We are into Saturday here in Christchurch NZ , i mentioned on the A2A forum last night ... again watching Tora Tora Tora , the final screen could be a still from that very movie after strafing a couple Zeros :medals:.........thats perfect ! :icon_lol:

ICDP
December 30th, 2011, 14:15
Having already purchased the current A2A P-40 for FSX I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that I will have to purchase an all-new product to benefit from Accusim :-(

I think I'll wait for the P-51D Accusim model/combination.

Taff

A2A give a discount for those who purchased the original of aircraft but please try to understand that this is not just a simple update to the original P-40 that was released in 2007. Scott posted this over on the A2A forums.

"The P-40 will be handled the same as the Spitfire and P-47. Existing FSX P-40 owners will get a special discounted price on the WoP3 P-40. Not sure exactly what that discount will be, but we're getting close to release."

I personally understand that FSX addons aren't exactly cheap, my bank account has been hit twice this week for FTX New Zealand and Active Sky 2012. Hopefully the wait for the P-51 Accusim won't be too long, no that isn't a hint! :)

IanHenry
December 30th, 2011, 23:46
Looks like the P-40 has been delayed until next week following a post from Scott over at the A2A forum:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27655&start=30

“Just a little update:

We have been really working hard on the feel of flight and engine physics for this release. This plane has much of the same feedback from our J3 Cub - you can really feel it flying through the air. Also, considering this plane has no safeties, you can push it hard at lower altitudes. We are seeing as much as 70" manifold pressure (over 1,700hp) internally at full throttle (the gauge only shows up to 50"). So the engine and airframe have to speak to you more.

We also were finally able to use all those sound sources from our P-40 research trip a few years back for the Accu-Sim version.

We just submitted a release candidate to testers, so we need to let the team chew on this for a while. I just want to point out, in the event some don't realize, we always do extensive testing and our goal is to always release a product that is hassle-free and 100% complete on day one. So I apologize for not reaching our goal to have it done this week. We're looking now to next week. I know it will be well worth the wait.

Scott.”

Ian.

Barnes
December 31st, 2011, 01:54
And i dont think that their testers have guide dogs - like some that come to mind!!

Phantom88
December 31st, 2011, 12:33
^^Haha^^ Very True,I've never had a Bug ridden A2A product,They don't break any release amount records,but they sure break Quality per release records.Their Beta testers must put in an incredible amount of time testing these Aircraft.Because The Accu-sim products are so complex.

As a side note,this statement from Scott has me really Excited!!:jump:

A2A Scott [Quote]"This plane has much of the same feedback from our J3 Cub - you can really feel it flying through the air. Also, considering this plane has no safeties, you can push it hard at lower altitudes. We are seeing as much as 70" manifold pressure (over 1,700hp) internally at full throttle (the gauge only shows up to 50"). So the engine and airframe have to speak to you more." [/UnQuote]