PDA

View Full Version : Babs has a problem.

Blondi
December 29th, 2011, 12:38
Just out of curiosity does any one know why the Mitsubishi "BABS" by Carlos Magalhaes flies as an AI aircraft with out the prop turning? Just wondered if anyone knows what is going on here.BLONDI:santahat:

Jagdflieger
December 30th, 2011, 10:16
Blondi,

I recall that a few of Carlos' aeroplanes had issues with the props. I think that it might have had something to do with the program he used to make the planes. I'm not sure, as planes made with FSDS v1 had no props at all when used as AI and no landing gear when used as static objects and FSDS v2 and later had the props and gear.

Blondi
December 30th, 2011, 13:15
Blondi,

I recall that a few of Carlos' aeroplanes had issues with the props. I think that it might have had something to do with the program he used to make the planes. I'm not sure, as planes made with FSDS v1 had no props at all when used as AI and no landing gear when used as static objects and FSDS v2 and later had the props and gear.

Thank you Jag. I guess we'll all have to suffer along and watch Babs fly along with its prop frozen in place.Thank you for an answer.have a good one ,:santahat:Blondi

The B24 Guy
December 30th, 2011, 18:26
Hi Blondi,

Has it been CFS2-a-sized with MDLC?

If so post a link and I will take a look.

Regards,
B24Guy

Blondi
December 31st, 2011, 01:18
Hi Blondi,

Has it been CFS2-a-sized with MDLC?

If so post a link and I will take a look.

Regards,
B24Guy

Hi B24,I have no idea about what was done with MDLC.i did not convert it.I will send you my e-mail in a PM.Have a good one.BLONDI:santahat:

The B24 Guy
December 31st, 2011, 11:11
Hi Blondi,

Found it at Simvation.

Prop works OK for me. Let me play with it and see what's up.

opps, I have not tried as AI yet.

Edit:

I don't think I can fix it.
Sorry.

Regards,
B24Guy

Blondi
January 1st, 2012, 04:02
Hi Blondi,

Found it at Simvation.

Prop works OK for me. Let me play with it and see what's up.

opps, I have not tried as AI yet.

Edit:

I don't think I can fix it.
Sorry.

Regards,
B24Guy

Thanks for trying.I wouldn't normally use it as an AI but the Japs liked to use it as a pathfinder for their long range Zero missions.Have a happy new year.Blondi:cost1:

sc7500
January 1st, 2012, 09:42
From My Archives.....

"...Weapons :

wep_prop_3
wep_prop_3r
wep_prop_4
wep_prop_4r

These are all animated Propellors for use as payloads on
AI Aircraft made with FSDS. The reason for this is that
the differing methods used to animate FSDS Aircraft result
in your wingmen or opponents appearing without visible
propellors

These props are just designed to create the effect of a
moving propellor disc. They utilise the CFS1 Library props
that are contained in the cfs library included with CFS2..."

Give this a try and see what happens !

Happy New Year !
SC
:kilroy:

oldwheat
January 1st, 2012, 10:03
Unfortunately Babs isn't accepting any payloads including Martin's (Yep, I had the same idea) Until someone comes up with better fix, here is a texture that renders the offending prop blades invisible.

The B24 Guy
January 1st, 2012, 12:45
Hi All,

Well, I did manage to fix it. The start-up is a little funney but the AI have props and the main model has a VC view (no gauge panel though).

Regards,
B24Guy

JapLance
January 1st, 2012, 23:06
Hi All,

Well, I did manage to fix it. The start-up is a little funney but the AI have props and the main model has a VC view (no gauge panel though).

Regards,
B24Guy

Excellent work! :applause::applause: :salute:

A change in the last number of the VC view in aircraft.cfg from 3.8 to 3.3 will give you a more realistic point of view.

Blondi
January 2nd, 2012, 06:51
Hi All,

Regards,
B24Guy

OK,on my way to try everything.BLONDI:santahat:

Blondi
January 2nd, 2012, 06:55
Unfortunately Babs isn't accepting any payloads including Martin's (Yep, I had the same idea) Until someone comes up with better fix, here is a texture that renders the offending prop blades invisible.

Hi Oldwheat, It came with one payload.A Bomb. I managed to use this hardpoint to carry the Zero Drop Tank.However it will not drop it. As I am useing it as an AI I really don't care if it drops it.They probably had instructions to bring it home empty anyway to reuse.
Have a good one.BLONDI:cost1:

oldwheat
January 2nd, 2012, 09:54
I meant to say that payloads don't show up in close combat which isn't a totally unknown problem with older models.

Blondi
January 2nd, 2012, 17:29
Hi All,

Regards,
B24Guy

Hi B24, I have 2 little problems with the installation on these props.First you give 4 choises but no explination as to what each does. Second You are showing hanging this on mount #6. This plane only has 2 hardpoints .neither on the nose.A little explination would help.Blondi:cost1:

Blondi
January 2nd, 2012, 19:40
Hi B24, I have 2 little problems with the installation on these props.First you give 4 choises but no explination as to what each does. Second You are showing hanging this on mount #6. This plane only has 2 hardpoints .neither on the nose.A little explination would help.Blondi:cost1:

Sorry about that.I found that It was not your fix that I was having problems with.Have a good one.Blondi:cost1:

Blondi
January 2nd, 2012, 19:46
From My Archives.....

"...Weapons :

wep_prop_3
wep_prop_3r
wep_prop_4
wep_prop_4r

These are all animated Propellors for use as payloads on
AI Aircraft made with FSDS. The reason for this is that
the differing methods used to animate FSDS Aircraft result
in your wingmen or opponents appearing without visible
propellors

These props are just designed to create the effect of a
moving propellor disc. They utilise the CFS1 Library props
that are contained in the cfs library included with CFS2..."

Give this a try and see what happens !

Happy New Year !
SC

Hi SC7500,I do not find an explination for what these 4 files do or which one I should install. Also your instructions call for use of Mount 6.There are only 2 mounts in this DP.Also 2 Hardpoints,and neither of these are in the nose.How does this work???Blondi

Blondi
January 2nd, 2012, 20:16
Hi All,

Regards,
B24Guy

Hi B24, I finally got back to your fix,and it worked beautifully.Babs has a prop as an AI.Thank you.have a good one.BLONDI:cost1:

sc7500
January 3rd, 2012, 06:10
...I do not find an explination for what these 4 files do or which one I should install. Also your instructions call for use of Mount 6.There are only 2 mounts in this DP.Also 2 Hardpoints,and neither of these are in the nose.How does this work???...

I only uploaded the file, Mr B - Dug it out of my deep dusty Archives.

If the originator didn't explain it in his Read_Me, I have NO CLUE what his intentions were.

Maybe when the snow flies I can dig into it and see what gives.... As I recall, there was a Spinning Prop add-on for that big German Glider-Turned-Transport a while back too.......

SC

Blondi
January 3rd, 2012, 06:31
I only uploaded the file, Mr B - Dug it out of my deep dusty Archives.

If the originator didn't explain it in his Read_Me, I have NO CLUE what his intentions were.

Maybe when the snow flies I can dig into it and see what gives.... As I recall, there was a Spinning Prop add-on for that big German Glider-Turned-Transport a while back too.......

SC

OK,I'll leave you to it.The files B24 Guy sent me did work so Babs does have a spinning prop as of now.Thank you for trying.Have a good one.BLONDI:cost1:

The B24 Guy
January 3rd, 2012, 06:39
Hi Blondi,

Glad you got it working. It could still use some TLC on the airfile. The question is "is it worth it".

Anyway, I had some fun and learned some things fixing it. I have never tried to do anything with the older models because they are harder to understand and mod.

And, thanks for the nice comments everyone. Have a good New Year.

Regards,
B24Guy

Blondi
January 4th, 2012, 06:59
Hi Blondi,

Glad you got it working. It could still use some TLC on the airfile. The question is "is it worth it".

Anyway, I had some fun and learned some things fixing it. I have never tried to do anything with the older models because they are harder to understand and mod.

And, thanks for the nice comments everyone. Have a good New Year.

Regards,
B24Guy

He He,I know what you mean about the airfile.As long as you are flying it its OK.If you only have it FLYING as an AI its ok.Start it as an AI wingman on the ground ,and watch it jump into the air ,and flp over, and blow up.BLONDI:cost1: