PDA

View Full Version : A small conversion kit for Watchdog22's Rudel Ju87G-1 livery

kelticheart
December 29th, 2011, 09:46
HAPPY 2012 TO EVERYBODY!
:wavey:

I just uploaded a small conversion kit I did to adapt Watchdog22's Hans Ulrich Rudel repaint of Alphasim's Ju87D-3 Stuka to Alphasim's Ju87G-1 Stuka "Panzerknacker". The kit covers the spinner spiral, repainted black from the original red, the 37mm. cannon pods, repainted with the same underside colour used by Watchdog22, and the blurred spinner texture.

Two blurred spinner textures to choose from according to personal taste. The way textures are mapped in both Alphasim's Ju87D-3 and G-1 causes a strange display of the spinner texture while in motion.
I think this forced Alphasim's choice to display, in their G-1 tank buster release, a blurred spinner instead of a spinner with an animated painted spiral. I tried both solutions and I prefer using the animated spiral instead of the blurred one, since the latter does not look too realistic to me, even if the former looks a tad weird when the propeller spins.

I suggest you to try them both and choose whatever suits you better.

Watchdog22's beautiful, historical 2008 repaint of Oberst Hans U. Rudel mount is available here at the House in the German repaints section. It fits Alpha's G-1 flawlessly.

If you would like having a Green Ghost-style gauge cantrolled exhaust effect on your Ju87G-1, the effect I released back in 2009 for Alphasim's Ju87D-3 fits the G-1 model perfectly, as shown in the attached screenshot. Download from here the collection of exhaust effects "exh_effects_greenghost_KH_no2.zip" and follow the enclosed installation instructions.

:santahat: Enjoy!
:snowman: KH :ernae:

watchdog22
December 29th, 2011, 11:50
Nice touch Kelti. When my XP computer is repaired I'll try adapting my texture for the gunpods to fit the Alphasim model. For some reason I cant get Martin Wright's DXTBMP utility to work properly under Win7

kelticheart
December 29th, 2011, 13:29
Nice touch Kelti. When my XP computer is repaired I'll try adapting my texture for the gunpods to fit the Alphasim model. For some reason I cant get Martin Wright's DXTBMP utility to work properly under Win7

G'day Watchdog22!

Thank you for your appreciation and, more than anything else, for your Rudel repaint which is greatly enhancing Alpha Ju87G-1.

May I offer a friendly suggestion? Drop Win7 in the nearest sink drain pipe!!! XP SP3 forever! eheheheheh..... :icon_lol:

:santahat: Cheers!
:snowman: KH :ernae:

Rami
December 30th, 2011, 00:31
Kelti,

Thank you once again for the new toys! :ernae:

Oglivie
December 30th, 2011, 14:31
Thanks, Kelti!

:ernae:

Discus
December 30th, 2011, 18:20