PDA

View Full Version : C-27J Autopilot will not track VOR2 - is this a design feature?

TacomaSailor
December 28th, 2011, 18:00
More C-27J autopilot/navigation questions.

The Autopilot does not seem to track VOR2 even when CDI source is pointing at VOR2

I have both NAV radios tuned to JIL VOR 114.00
V1 and V2 overlay each other on the CDI
Distance to v1 and V2 are identical on the HSI
The Autopilot is flying to JIL VOR 99 degrees 18NM
The CDI source is pointing at VOR1
The AC is directly on course and has been for many minutes
I switch CDI source to VOR2 and the CDI deviation is two dots (3 degrees?)
The AP will no longer track to JIL and within 90 seconds is 20 degrees off course.
I return the CDI source to VOR1 and the AC immediately returns to a course directly to JIL.
I have NAV1 tuned to JIL VOR 114.00 ( 138 degrees 15 NM)
I have NV2 tuned to OCN VOR 115.30 (245 degrees 35 nm)
The CDI source is pointing at VOR1
The AC is directly on course and has been for many minutes
The EHSI shows JIL 16.7 NM which agrees with the GPS
I switch the CDI source to VOR2 (OCN)
The EHSI continues to show JIL 16.7 NM
The AP continues to track to JIL
The CDI shows V2 at the correct bearing and distance and the CDI is pointing at OCN but the AC does not fly toward OCN

Does the AP work on VOR2 for anyone?

fxsttcb
December 29th, 2011, 06:51
Looking at the C27J-SYS-AUTOPILOT.xml both the Pilot and Copilot Nav Hold buttons engage "AP_NAV1_HOLD_ON".

(L:PILOT_AP_NAV_ON,enum) 1 ==
(L:COPILOT_AP_NAV_ON,enum) 1 == orThere is no code to change the Autopilot's Nav source to the Nav 2 Radio.

I extracted all the cabs in the hopes that I could get some real functionality out of the Alt, Hdg, VS, etc, Knobs.
I just started this AM and so far I haven't found any mouse code to manipulate...Don

Sieggie
December 29th, 2011, 17:36
Looking at the C27J-SYS-AUTOPILOT.xml both the Pilot and Copilot Nav Hold buttons engage "AP_NAV1_HOLD_ON".

(L:PILOT_AP_NAV_ON,enum) 1 ==
(L:COPILOT_AP_NAV_ON,enum) 1 == orThere is no code to change the Autopilot's Nav source to the Nav 2 Radio.

I extracted all the cabs in the hopes that I could get some real functionality out of the Alt, Hdg, VS, etc, Knobs.
I just started this AM and so far I haven't found any mouse code to manipulate...Don

I noticed that too. I am guessing the mouse code is part of the model as they seem to be 3d instruments and switches.

Dave

strykerpsg
December 29th, 2011, 17:49
Damn, haven't gotten to fly this one much. Perhaps my funds would have been better served on the Milviz T38...far less headaches. eh, but for $10.00, not gonna loose sleep over it.

TacomaSailor, it's too bad you're experiencing such issues with an Iris bird, they're usually pretty decent. Its a shame their focus is on their version of a Mudhen instead of fixing this and their F22. Seems to me it would be better served to fix what's already been put out to the community first instead of continuing to develop uncharted territory in a new aircraft. However, Dave has made mention that some of the attributes put into their version of the Strike Eagle will also be implemented into the F22 and C27...so here's to a brighter future for you.

I guess my point is don't give up hope. It is a decent little frame and there were existing issues when it was being developed that seems to have stayed the course. Good thing we have a bounty of code tweakers within this forum that really know their craft, albeit hobby or profession, the end result is attention to details the producer overlooked.

Cheers,
Matt