PDA

View Full Version : 'Getting Married After 500....'

Panther_99FS
October 2nd, 2008, 16:28
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26991580/?GT1=43001

Daveroo
October 3rd, 2008, 08:34
its nice that he found some to love him...but its really a shame he got to that point of obeseity...over one thousand pounds is a bit much....im 400 and im misserable....im 6'5" and wieghed 210 when i got hurt at age 32....i had washboard abs n muscular arms...ect...now im just plain ole obese...and work hard everyday to lose...they did just reciently find a large growth on my thyroid..mater of fact..just went on the 1st for a ultrasound to have it looked at for the first time..so this is just now being DX'd...im hoping maybe they can do something and maybe my diet will begin to work....:banghead::isadizzy:

Cloud9Gal
October 4th, 2008, 05:32
Daveroo- hope everything works out for you! Keep us posted! Stay positive! :wavey:

cheezyflier
October 4th, 2008, 05:41
hey dave, you're not alone, brother! there are more of us here that are trying to reduce and get healthy. i should weigh about 150 lbs.
this summer i was tipping the scales around 225. eating healthier and going to the gym has been making a difference for me. we're beside you all the way! best of luck to you :applause:

Cazzie
October 4th, 2008, 06:30
Get back on that bike cheezy!

I have always monitored my weight, ever since high school. I had an operation in 1995 that out me off my exercise regimen for 6 months and ballooned to a whooping 190-lb. That was too much for me. I don't diet, dieting is for people that are too lazy to exercise. Within three months of walking, biking, and general hard work, I had my weight back down to a reasonable 175-lb. I am now at my old weight that I like to carry, 165-lb. I do not believe it is the kind of food people eat, it is how much of it they eat! I eat anything I want, but I do it in moderate doses and I only eat two large meals a day, sometimes skipping lunch entirely.

Another thing, cut out bedtime snacks, for that matter drink only water after 6:30. If you have to have something, eat soda crackers, something light without sugar or fat. Anything you eat at night goes to fat, your body does not work it off.

Caz

Corsair Freak
October 4th, 2008, 08:27
I'm no health expert, but with the amount of fat hes carrying wouldn't he able to nearly stop eating altogether while his body burns the fat away?

Snuffy
October 4th, 2008, 10:07
I'm no health expert, but with the amount of fat hes carrying wouldn't he able to nearly stop eating altogether while his body burns the fat away?

Not without some means of stimulating a reason to burn it.
There are disorders out there that do affect a person's metabolism to the point that it doesn't do anything properly. And that may be his problem. He could stop eating ... but his body will react in that it'll store fat instead of burn it.

Daveroo
October 4th, 2008, 10:26
just to add...turns out the "growth" on my thyroid is "three times larger than tollerable"..so said the dr..i asked him..so there is a growth that IS tolerable?..he kinda coughed and said..welllll..no.but usually people with a growth..its smaller than xcm-xcm-xcm...mine is three times that size...figures..just another thing to add to my spine, hypoganadism,kidney troubles,heart,lungs......funny how i could have gone from the model of a healthy man in 1995 to this in 2008...LOL....anyway...wanna post a shot of my xrays if i can find em,,,,opps on the external hd

cheezyflier
October 4th, 2008, 13:04
Get back on that bike cheezy!

well, i do still ride it, but i am also lifting 4 days/week, doing the elliptical machine or the excersize bike 5 days/week and i am eating less, plus i cut out 99% of the snacks/junk food. i am seeing some weight loss, and my tone is improving. right now i am wearing jeans i haven't had on in over a year. i still have a long way to go, but i am on my way. :wiggle: