PDA

View Full Version : What are some reasons that an aircraft wont show up in FSRecorder

airattackimages
December 27th, 2011, 21:25
???

Any ideas?

OBIO
December 27th, 2011, 21:36
Stealth Technology would be my first guess.

OBIO

robertorizzo
December 28th, 2011, 03:05
Do you Mean the "Canned meat box " that appears with the vrs f-18 and some other planes? Always wondered but i never had the courage to ask why.

airattackimages
December 28th, 2011, 04:21
Do you Mean the "Canned meat box " that appears with the vrs f-18 and some other planes? Always wondered but i never had the courage to ask why.

Haha, no, on that one I know what's going on... VRS used that as an anti-piracy measure, whenever another visual model is present alongside the Superbug the Superbug disappears. They have to do what they have to do but that annoys me because I like taking screenshots and making movies and that limits what I can do.

My current issue is trying to figure out why some aircraft won't show up after being recorded. I use FSRecorder a lot, usually with no issue... But every once in a while I'll find an aircraft that does it. Real annoying when I fly 20+ mins only to find when I play back there's nothing there. The Sandim Bear bomber is one of them. At first I wondered if it was because it was an FS9 portover, but then again I have several of those that record fine (like the Alphasim B-1).

DaveQ
December 28th, 2011, 14:06
Haha, no, on that one I know what's going on... VRS used that as an anti-piracy measure, whenever another visual model is present alongside the Superbug the Superbug disappears. They have to do what they have to do but that annoys me because I like taking screenshots and making movies and that limits what I can do.

My current issue is trying to figure out why some aircraft won't show up after being recorded. I use FSRecorder a lot, usually with no issue... But every once in a while I'll find an aircraft that does it. Real annoying when I fly 20+ mins only to find when I play back there's nothing there. The Sandim Bear bomber is one of them. At first I wondered if it was because it was an FS9 portover, but then again I have several of those that record fine (like the Alphasim B-1).

This might help in that this is the Sandim Bear with the Alphasim F-101B in attendance recorded with the FSX version of FSRecorder 2.0beta4. Eliminates the Bear as a suspect I think. The location is the Pacific coast north of Comox (not much autogen stuff). I do recall at least one that doesn't show though, an F-104, Captain Sim or Sim Skunkworks - can't remember which. Also the AS B-58 crashes FSX if you try to play it back with FSRecorder and the Formation Set-up add-on; I think it's a characteristic of the model.

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq136/DaveQ-photos/CF-101BHawk-Bear1.jpg

Have great New Year!

DaveQ