Coola
December 17th, 2008, 11:50
Hello

Flightsimmers.

I use the FSX on windows Vista.
Nvidea 8600 gt 512mb

supported DX10

Now I selekt DX10 in the menu off FSX.
But the Texture from the aircrafts is now disappeared.

can someone tell me what to do
and what the problem is.

Thanks

Greetings
Coola.:icon31:

Roger
December 17th, 2008, 12:28
Coola they won't disappear if the aircraft is FsX native. However most Fs9 port-overs will show white textures.

wildcat400
December 17th, 2008, 23:13
The best fix for this is to turn of DX 10. It screwed my planes up, and I turned it off. Never had a problem since.

Coola
December 18th, 2008, 01:09
Hello
wildcat400

Is there no fix for?
That is very unfortunate I had the pleasure DX10 used.
There is something what you can not use.

That is a bad case of Microsoft we pay for it and it does not work.:banghead:

Greetings :wavey:
Coola

Daube
December 18th, 2008, 04:41
There is a fix that works quite often. You have to use Addon Converter X, a small utility that will convert the textures of your plane to a format that is accepted by DX10.

yago9
December 18th, 2008, 05:33
There is a fix that works quite often. You have to use Addon Converter X, a small utility that will convert the textures of your plane to a format that is accepted by DX10.

Wow, i would like to get my hands on that texture convertor..Do you have a link for it ,pls?

Coola
December 18th, 2008, 10:19
hello

Daube

Can tell ware I can find the Addon Converter X,for the texture.:ernae:

Tanks
Coola

IanP
December 18th, 2008, 10:58
Ahem. Google? (I did actually use Google, but there are alternative search engines available... ;))

http://www.flightsimtools.com/adconvx/

Seriously, though - you didn't pay for the DX10 preview mode. It was bundled with SP2 as an example of some of the things that DX10 is capable of. FSX is a DX9 application native and foremost. If you have Vista and a DX10 card, however, then it came make a few things look prettier at the expense of stopping almost all non-FSX-native add-ons working. I know a couple of die-hards who swear by it, some people like me who test in it, but 99.9% of the time use the fully functional DX9 mode and a very large amount of people who saw all the problems in DX10 preview mode, turned it off with no intention of turning it back on.

Ian P.

Roger
December 18th, 2008, 11:09
Addon Converter X will make Fs9 aircraft and some scenery useable in FsX. My main interest was to get Fs9 aircraft to show textures in Dx10 mode. A major issue in Dx10 is that any alphas applied for shine will simply make those textures semi-transparent, so Addon C X disables alphas in port-overs. I do like a bit of shine so I'm tending to shy away from port-overs now.
I use Dx10 because my FsX performs better in Dx10 than Dx9.