PDA

View Full Version : Need help contacting IRIS

TacomaSailor
December 25th, 2011, 17:09
I am a long term user of purchased IRIS products. I have been a frequent visitor and poster on their support forums.

When I go to the http://www.irissimulations.com/ and click "enter the IRIS website" my next URL is

http://www.irissimulations.com/home.php (http://www.irissimulations.com/home.php) and click on "Forum" my next URL is

http://www.irissimulations.com/home.php (http://www.irissimulations.com/home.php) and see the message" An Error OccurredSorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.[#103139] You do not have permission to view this forum.

BUT - I also see that I am logged in and I can go to the Members page and find myself listed as a member. When I "sign out" and sign back in - my sign in is accepted but I then get the same error message.

When I go back to the IRIS Home page and click on "contact us" I find that my ONLY TWO OPTIONS areSKYPEThe support forum - that I can't enter!

During the last four days I've gone thru three "Resend Validation" cycles where their web site issues me a new password and a link to a validation site - all that works fine but I always end up with the 103139 error message

When I go to the link that comes with the new password I end up at http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login where I enter my Username and New Password. I am then directed to http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php? where I see my name listed as signed in user.

That page has a "forums" tab to click which then takes me to the 103139 error.

Any help would be appreciated!

jeansy
December 25th, 2011, 17:13
try http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/forum/114-iris-simulations/

best of luck, it appears to be a ghost town at the best of times

TacomaSailor
December 25th, 2011, 17:22
I get the identical error message.

This happens on three different systems that I use to connect to the WEB

jeansy
December 25th, 2011, 17:34
sorry to hear about your misfortune

this is one reason i avoid them, customer support isnt their best trait

otherwise im out of options

plus ive decided i dont like you , nice yacht :icon_eek:

CodyValkyrie
December 25th, 2011, 18:06
One easy way to get a hold of them:
http://www.facebook.com/irissimulations

falcon409
December 25th, 2011, 18:39
One easy way to get a hold of them:
http://www.facebook.com/irissimulations
Yep, I like David and Karen a lot and despite their best efforts, support is sorely lacking and has been so for a long time. They moved most of their communications with customers to Facebook and while some report that they get answers immediately when they post there, others say the questions can be moved down the page and get lost depending on the number of posts that come through in any given day. I don't like the idea of moving support to Facebook, but it's what everyone is doing it seems, so make the best of it.

Kavehpd
December 26th, 2011, 09:03
Hey TacomaSailor,

If this is regarding the flawed C-27J FDE (I just saw your other thread), you might want to have a look here: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/9594-c-27j-finished/ Quite an interesting discussion, actually. Specially interesting to potential customers like myself who have been waiting for a fix.

I've not purchased the Spartan and it looks like I never will (unless they fix it). Your best option for now is to downgrade back to v1.0. Get in touch with SimMarket and see if they can help you out. If not, there might be other users here who ccould help out. Look up the original Spartan thread. I remember people were talking about hybrid versions (e.g. v1 FDE + v2 gauges, etc.). Good luck.

warchild
December 26th, 2011, 09:27
ok, David has stated that he's going to revisit the patch this coming year in the above linked thread.. Till then, I am offering to send anyone a version 1.0 flight model. That should help a little till the 1.2.1 patch is released.

TacomaSailor
December 26th, 2011, 09:47
Kavehpd said"

"If this is regarding the flawed C-27J FDE (I just saw your other thread), you might want to have a look here: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/9594-c-27j-finished/ Quite an interesting discussion, actually. Specially interesting to potential customers like myself who have been waiting for a fix. "

When I go to the link you suggest - I get a welcome and my username and then the message saying I am not authorized to view the site. But - it will let me view the member list and confirms I am signed in and am a forum member.

This is getting very frustrating - the plane does not fly properly and I can not contact support

I hope someone from IRIS checks in here

I WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN FACEBOOK!!!

I made the mistake one time and I am still getting unwanted messages from Facebook - I can not turn them off.

Sieggie
December 26th, 2011, 15:18
You may have an old link saved by your browser cache. I use

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/forum/114-iris-simulations/

To get to the forums. Their forums jumped all over the place for a while. The above link is working at the moment.

Dave

Smudge
December 27th, 2011, 01:01
Guys, I would like to point out that AT NO TIME have we ever indicated that we've moved support to Facebook. Our forurms are always the first point of support, followed by my direct e-mail to myself at david@irissimulations.com

Facebook is used by us as an information distribution tool. A way for us to let our customers know what's going on as things are occuring. It's quicker to update that the IRIS website and the majority of our customers have facebook accounts. You do NOT need a facebook account to view the page and see what's going on, which is why we enjoy using it.

The C-27 and F-22 are in the list of products receiving updates once the F-15 product is finished. We've made significant leaps and bounds in the F-15 which we are aiming to cross over to our other leading products.

mbmorgan
December 27th, 2011, 10:12
You do NOT need a facebook account to view the page and see what's going on, which is why we enjoy using it.

Actually, that no longer seems to be the case. Recently, after only a short period of time (ranging from a few seconds to a minute or two) of viewing any page ... including IRIS' ... the fine folks at Facebook blank out the page and a popup appears insisting that we must log in to continue viewing. For those of us who don't (or in my case no longer) choose to have an account, it's become a bit difficult to say the least.

Cheers,
Mike

TacomaSailor
December 27th, 2011, 12:11
What is my problem? I am signed in, I can see that I am a user, I have been a user for a very long time, I can get thru the validation system

I get the "[#103139] You do not have permission to view this forum." message when I use any of the links suggested by any user here.

I've cleared my cache (I have no cache option set but that is beside the point)

Will someone from IRIS please help me - I currently own seven IRIS products
I've been asking how to get to the forum for support for several days

I get no help - no answer

HOW DO I GET TO THE IRIS FORUMS?

TacomaSailor
December 27th, 2011, 12:16
Using IE9 I have no problem getting to the IRIS support - Using Chrome 16.0.912.63 m I can not get to the Forums

I much prefer to use CHROME - does anyone know why Chrome won't work with whatever software is used for IRIS forums?

timghetta
December 27th, 2011, 17:51
TacomaSailor,

I can view the IRIS forums with my chrome browser. I'm sorry I don't know what is causing it. It has to be an issue with your system. I wish I could help.

Tim

wombat666
December 27th, 2011, 18:53
What is my problem? I am signed in, I can see that I am a user, I have been a user for a very long time, I can get thru the validation system

I get the "[#103139] You do not have permission to view this forum." message when I use any of the links suggested by any user here.

I've cleared my cache (I have no cache option set but that is beside the point)

Will someone from IRIS please help me - I currently own seven IRIS products
I've been asking how to get to the forum for support for several days

I get no help - no answer

HOW DO I GET TO THE IRIS FORUMS?

First, take a deep breath and settle down.
Second, use the Facebook option. I detest Facebook as well but it works for others. Unwanted messages? Try using your email filter.
Third, try email. david@irissimulations.com
Fourth, please keep the tone of your posts down a notch, it's not good practice to shout at people.
:kilroy:

TacomaSailor
December 27th, 2011, 20:11
Six hours after I describe the solution to the problem
Six hours after I admit it was my problem

I am asked to settle down?

How could I be more settled?

It does seem odd that an IRIS person replies to the issue of Facebook but makes no attempt to address my Forum access issue.

I've visited the IRIS Facebook - the Contact Us is a BLANK holding page and takes me nowhere. The rest of the information us "facebooky" stuff - "what a great Christmas I've had"... "We're having a Sale" ..."can't wait to see what else you guys are going to do for us"...etc

There is nothing on Facebook about support for technical issues - or am I missing something?

But - I did ask nicely for any advice about Chrome and IRIS - I use Chrome almost exclusively and have never see a web site where current versions of Chrome did not work.

Any Chrome suggestions?

TARPSBird
December 27th, 2011, 21:16
It does seem odd that an IRIS person replies to the issue of Facebook but makes no attempt to address my Forum access issue.
I suspect David would prefer you contact him via e-mail outside SOH so you can resolve any issues one-on-one.

warchild
December 28th, 2011, 13:17
Tacoma..
We ALL understand how you must feel because we've all been there, and not just with Iris but with all companies.. bottom line is that most of these companies are one or two person operations, and like everyone they have real life issues popping up constantly. Six hours is hell when your the one waiting, but in the broader scope of things its not really that long.. Patience is difficult for all of us, but unfortunately, neccessary.. send him an email. thats the best we can offer.. sorry..
pam
PS, if its flight model related, join the c-27J thread, and direct the problems to me. I'm re-constructing the flight model and working hard to get folks updated as quickly as possible, but its an on the fly operation and you folk are the primary testers/beneficiaries since i make all changes immediately known as well as distribute updates of the new flight model. please keep in mind though that this is a stop gap measure to provide you all with a quality flight model so that you can enjoy it now, while waiting for thenIris 1.2.1 update to be released..

TacomaSailor
December 28th, 2011, 15:29
To everyone

I was not asking for technical support - I was asking how do I get to the point of being able to READ/SEE the IRIS forum? My problem was not with support - I just wanted to get back into the forum as I had been able for several years.

I expected that providing a specific six digit error code would give someone a clue as to why a signed in/valid user was being denied access due to authorization levels.

My point about six hours was - why respond six hours later (with a 'settle down') after I had identified the cause of the problem and a work around?

'nuf said - back to work on C-27J flight dynamics and anomalies.

Warchild - did you see my test data in the C-27J throttle thread?
-Takeoff performance N1=100% N2=87% - TO Roll=4900' and HOT engine alarm
-18000' stall if climbing from below 10000' - good climb thru 18000' if starting above 15000'
-Speedtape goes to 0 in straight level flight - GS=225 KIAS=0 - switch AC - good KIAS - back to C-27 10 seconds of good KIAS then 0
-KIAS/GS goes from 190 to 110 in a couple seconds while in straight level flight
-Can't maintain altitude at full throttle / 20000'
-18900' Nosedown -3 degrees N1=105 N2=97 VS=-1200 fpm - can't accelerate past 140 KIAS

CG_1976
December 28th, 2011, 15:43
Are you having trouble with Iris forums at OzX by chance? If so please Pm there admin JayKae he is also a SOH member. You can find him here in the sticky thread PAKT. He should be able to help you re gain access with chrome.

wombat666
December 29th, 2011, 00:02
To everyone

I was not asking for technical support - I was asking how do I get to the point of being able to READ/SEE the IRIS forum? My problem was not with support - I just wanted to get back into the forum as I had been able for several years.

I expected that providing a specific six digit error code would give someone a clue as to why a signed in/valid user was being denied access due to authorization levels.

My point about six hours was - why respond six hours later (with a 'settle down') after I had identified the cause of the problem and a work around?

'nuf said - back to work on C-27J flight dynamics and anomalies.

Warchild - did you see my test data in the C-27J throttle thread?
-Takeoff performance N1=100% N2=87% - TO Roll=4900' and HOT engine alarm
-18000' stall if climbing from below 10000' - good climb thru 18000' if starting above 15000'
-Speedtape goes to 0 in straight level flight - GS=225 KIAS=0 - switch AC - good KIAS - back to C-27 10 seconds of good KIAS then 0
-KIAS/GS goes from 190 to 110 in a couple seconds while in straight level flight
-Can't maintain altitude at full throttle / 20000'
-18900' Nosedown -3 degrees N1=105 N2=97 VS=-1200 fpm - can't accelerate past 140 KIAS

There is a 10-12 hour time delay between the USA and the rest of the known universe, some of us sleep and come on line after a post is made.
Staff here do not work 24/7/365.
:173go1:

TacomaSailor
December 29th, 2011, 00:17
Wombatt,

I thought I said it was my problem and my solution - why are you still going on about it? I am sorry if I offended you - I have repeatedly taken responsibility - let us not continue this thing.

AND my original post that upset you appears to have been 16:11 PST (west coast US) which is somewhere around late morning to early afternoon the next day in the general vicinity of the "Southern Ocean" - just a detail.