PDA

View Full Version : Wanting an FSX plane with wheels and skis together

P38man
December 23rd, 2011, 16:05
Are there any FSX prop planes that have the landing gear arrangement with skis and wheels together ?

Been looking everywhere and cannot find.

gradyhappyg
December 23rd, 2011, 16:34
The Carenado Cessna 172 ski model and 185 F Aerosoft Beaver and Bushhawk and the default Maule does.
I am sure there are more but thats all I can think of off the top of my noggin.

Almost forgot they are all on sale right now I believe.

CG_1976
December 23rd, 2011, 16:41
An excellent one is the Aerosoft Twin Otter.

patful
December 23rd, 2011, 17:00
Manfred Jahn has a couple of excellent freeware C-47/R4D-5's for FSX over at FlightSim.com. And he was kind enough to convert them to FS9 for us backward folks.

Tako_Kichi
December 23rd, 2011, 18:45
The default Maule comes with a wheels/ski version.

napamule
December 23rd, 2011, 21:48
Look in your (FSX) hangar (hehe-couldn't resist). Seriously the Maule wheel/ski is nice. You can ski sideways on slope, etc. Tons of fun.
Chuck B
Napamule

P38man
December 23rd, 2011, 22:39
Thanks all, will check em out.

Merry Christmas!

hae5904
December 24th, 2011, 05:45
Another one, though slightly larger then the before mentioned planes, the Capt Sim LC-130! :salute:

Cheers,
Hank

IanHenry
December 24th, 2011, 10:31
I think the Sibwings Birddog fits the bill, but I haven't got it installed at the moment to check.

Ian.

strikehawk
December 24th, 2011, 10:38
Saw a PAD Twin Otter with ski/wheels on both their site and Sivmviation. I don't have it installed as I prefer warmer climes.

Spikehughes
December 24th, 2011, 14:04
I think the Sibwings Birddog fits the bill, but I haven't got it installed at the moment to check.

Ian.

Yes !!! - sure does - cannot recommend this highly enough! You can retract the wheels after hard runway takeoffs using the G key and then land on snow on your ski's.

P38man
December 24th, 2011, 21:55
Yes !!! - sure does - cannot recommend this highly enough! You can retract the wheels after hard runway takeoffs using the G key and then land on snow on your ski's.

Well I have this one now - thanks guys!!:salute:

Wheels don't retract no matter what I do with the wheel/ski version - I checked FSX key assignments - all ok.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Are you sure the wheels retract ?

Merry Christmas all !! :icon29:

EDIT: all OK now was simply a problem with crashing Saitek Panel.

Francois
December 25th, 2011, 11:06
Are there any FSX prop planes that have the landing gear arrangement with skis and wheels together ?

Been looking everywhere and cannot find.

Dang! Too late !
Our Super Cub does of course..... or at least a few of the variants in the extensive package :icon_lol:

http://silvercloud-store.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29778

Oh well, if you want one that also floats, maybe you'll come back to this post :icon_lol: