PDA

View Full Version : Orbx Releases PAKT Ketchikan International Airport (Payware)

JayKae
December 23rd, 2011, 02:47
Windy Tongass Narrows.

A challenging landing awaits the adventurous pilot of both commercial airliners and bush planes, with infamous crosswinds up to 90 knots which have been known to blow approaching planes out across Tongass Narrows in certain conditions. PAKT is another beautifully crafted airport by Russ White, whose reputation for levels of detail never seen before in FSX is growing with each new project he undertakes. This airport is no exception, with a unique multi-level runway and taxiways sloping down to the aprons. The entire airport precinct is built using a single 3DS Max model and of course Russ has included unique tech such as animated ground staff, seaplanes, ferries and hundreds of details too numerious to mention here. Destined to be a classic!

Custom ground imagery at 7cm per pixel!
Unique multi-level with sloping taxiways
FSX 3DS poly runway, aprons and more
Gravina Island location on Tongass Narrows
Includes Orbx "Flow" technologies
Seaplane ports, ferry terminals, dry dock
City of Ketchikan and many POI buildings
TextureFlow optimised and excellent FPS
Cruise liners and ferries in the scenery
Unbelievable level of object detail!
Expert 5 seasons color matched imagery
Made by Russell White, master modeler
More info at http://www.fullterrain.com/product_uspakt.html

Anneke
December 23rd, 2011, 04:44
Yeah t'is Xmass time....:jump:

skyhawka4m
December 23rd, 2011, 05:02
what happened with OS9 being next? : ( I preordered it thinking it was next since it had the green showdow behind it like all the others did before release.

Sundog
December 23rd, 2011, 05:29
OK, I need to see a lot of pics of this from all of you also bought it. I'm on vacation for a few weeks and everything I've per-ordered has been released, as expected, and I won't get to fly it until I get home from vacation. So, I'm living vicariously through all of you. At least the weather has been great on vacation so far (Florida).

danyboy21
December 23rd, 2011, 08:04
Currently downloading... 995 MB !!! :isadizzy:

JayKae
December 23rd, 2011, 10:37
Last minute sprint by PAKT Sky ;) Don't worry, it looks like OS is not going to be far behind :)

skyhawka4m
December 23rd, 2011, 10:46
ok cool!

Naismith
December 23rd, 2011, 10:53
Wow Orbx seem to be going nuts recently with all these releases. I cannot afford them, bah humbug!

CodyValkyrie
December 23rd, 2011, 13:49
This is one of the few runways that you can safely land and takeoff from with a warbirds due to the runway length. This is a must buy for me.

P38man
December 23rd, 2011, 16:33
This is one of the few runways that you can safely land and takeoff from with a warbirds due to the runway length. This is a must buy for me.

That is it. Also use with CIRP and Misty scenaries and flightplans as well !! (which are awesome freeware)

Smokey Joe
December 23rd, 2011, 16:45
If I were you, I'd wait until they patch it. I got it this morning and there are problems. There are object crash issues. I had to turn off crash detection just to start a flight on the runway. If you already had Pacific Fjords, you'll notice that places like Murphy's Pullout are not modeled. They remain in the FS database, but there are none of the docks and static planes that appear there in Pacific Fjords. This product was not ready to be released. Russ, the developer essentially acknowledged that to me on the FTX forum.

Francois
December 24th, 2011, 07:22
Looks nice enough in the pictures, but I see there's quite a bit of 'guesswork' on the airside part of the terminal ;-) I know how difficult it is to get good photos of any airfield, but if you really want to get it right, these are essential. The most important part is left out: the entrance ! :icon_lol:

MY version will take another three years or so of course..... so don't hold your breath. I'll wait for the patches first, good tip, thanks :applause:

airattackimages
December 24th, 2011, 07:37
Not knowing anything about the real world airport, all I can say is that is beautifully done. Makes me want to buy it. :)

OleBoy
December 24th, 2011, 07:49
From a personal stand point, I would like to see Orbx do KPWT Bremerton

dougal
December 24th, 2011, 07:51
Not knowing anything about the real world airport, all I can say is that is beautifully done. Makes me want to buy it. :)

Indeed, I'm in the same boat; it looks very nice, but knowing nothing about the real field, I can't critisize it.

I can, and will however, critisize payware developers (generally) for releasing too early - pretty much using paying customers as beta testers. I'm not as informed as some here, but if it is true, then I find it particularly cynical to do so just before, and at Christmas.

I expect I will buy it though, as I like what I see so far, but not until after both Christmas and patching.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FOLKS! Hope you're all as relaxed as it's possible to be!

jmig
December 26th, 2011, 06:05
Indeed, I'm in the same boat; it looks very nice, but knowing nothing about the real field, I can't critisize it.

I can, and will however, critisize payware developers (generally) for releasing too early - pretty much using paying customers as beta testers. I'm not as informed as some here, but if it is true, then I find it particularly cynical to do so just before, and at Christmas.

I expect I will buy it though, as I like what I see so far, but not until after both Christmas and patching.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FOLKS! Hope you're all as relaxed as it's possible to be!

I flew out of there three or four years ago. It looks pretty much as I remember. I saw the covered ramp from the water into the terminal building in one or two of the pictures. That entrance is rather unique. You get there by ferry and walk up this long covered ramp into the building.

I plan on buying PAKT.

arrowmaker
December 26th, 2011, 22:50
I'm currently thinking of getting this, However I am wondering how it will behave with my UTX Alaska set up. Anyone have both products installed and if so do they play well together?

Smokey Joe
December 27th, 2011, 06:19
UTX Alaska modifies Ketchikan. I discovered this when I installed Orbx Pacific Fjords. The elevations were all messed up. The fix for it is to go into the UTX Alaska control panel and disable the modification of PAKT. UTX lets your turn off the modification for individual airports and apply it where you want to.

mfitch
December 27th, 2011, 20:27
UTX Alaska modifies Ketchikan. I discovered this when I installed Orbx Pacific Fjords. The elevations were all messed up. The fix for it is to go into the UTX Alaska control panel and disable the modification of PAKT. UTX lets your turn off the modification for individual airports and apply it where you want to.

That is a useful tip. I ran into this problem previous to installing this latest Orbx airport.