PDA

View Full Version : AI models chosen and prepared for the 354th FG Campaign

Captain Kurt
December 22nd, 2011, 22:59

In an earlier post I asked about framerate issues using the Alphasim P-51D model and P-47 model when more than one flight is in the mission. These both are by far the more accurate models available but they aren't multi LOD, hence the problem.

I've chosen the Andrew Wai P-51D and KM P-47D-30 to use as the additional flights models. They would rate next best in accuracy IMHO and they are multi LOD so they take the load off of the computer power. They have new air, config and dp files to match the main Alphasim models. There are also some good 354th FG skins by CobraUK which takes some of the load off me to match the AI paint jobs to the main player's flight aircraft. Some needed a bit of tweaking to be accurate but that was not much to do. I still needed to make a 355th FS skin for the P-51D and the AW pilot needed to be an American instead of the stock Japanese pilot, so he got a repaint as well. Here's the result.

I have 10 more missions to rewrite and test in the campaign.

After that I can start to get it packaged up. That will take a bit of work. I will need to break it into 2 parts because CFS2 will send the player home after some 20 wingmen are lost. There's no way to make it through 102 missions with that low a loss number. Part one will be the 8th Air Force bomber offensive and D-day. Part two will be the move to France and into Germany to the end of the war. The campaign really shows how the complexion of the air war changed from 1943 to 1945.

While I am packaging the campaign, I will start uploading some of the many aircraft, and other things like the UIRES set for the 354th so they can be available separately. This will be a very large package - heck, just the campaign missions alone total 2.7 megs and there are 47 modified and or repainted aircraft - but I promise I have done everything I can to make the game experience worth your while for the effort to set it all up.

skylane
December 23rd, 2011, 00:30
Hi Kurt!

I think Andrew Wai´s P-51 is the perfect choice for the ai! And it looks great on your screenies!
I´m really looking forward to these missions!

Merry Christmas!

Wolfgang

Jagdflieger
December 23rd, 2011, 07:04
Good choice Captain. I just checked my library and I have 42 different skins for it so I should have something to match up with the 354th FG.

You might also try the P-51D "TikkaIV" by L'Homme. It is a very good AI aircraft and fairly detailed as well. I think that it was originally a CFS 1 aircraft by Ten Haaft and L'Homme, but it gets great frame rates.

Sopwith made a 361st FG collection of skins for it, although they probably wouldn't fit in with your 352nd Fighter Group.

Here is a shot of Sopwith's skins for it, but you can see that the plane itself is very well done and might work well for you as an AI.