PDA

View Full Version : Bronco X Released (Payware)

JohnC
December 22nd, 2011, 06:23
Product Page:
http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,,12094 (http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,,12094)

Support Forum:
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/forum/474-ov10-bronco/

pilottj
December 22nd, 2011, 06:51
DOWNLOADING NOW:jump::jump::icon29:

falcon409
December 22nd, 2011, 07:07
Excellent price given the extent of the research, detail of modeling and coding that has gone into it. Well done Mathijs and the Aerosoft Team.:salute:

Dain Arns
December 22nd, 2011, 08:08
From the Aerosoft forums:

Note: This product will be extended in January 2012 and the price will be raised (to € 29.95 inc VAT) at that moment. Get it now for less and get the extension for free in January.

Incentive to buy it now. :icon_lol:

Despite it only having one model at the moment, I'm still inclined to purchase this as the Bronco has always been a personal favorite of mine.
I can wait a month for the rest of it to arrive, since I don't have to pay as much now.

Barnes
December 22nd, 2011, 08:18
downloading now :jump:

Barnes
December 22nd, 2011, 08:39
Wow - loads to read in the manual and the VC is very well done. :salute:

skyhawka4m
December 22nd, 2011, 09:04
IS there a way to set it up for the dummy flyer? like me!

Thunderbolt
December 22nd, 2011, 09:18
IS there a way to set it up for the dummy flyer? like me!

it is ;)

Barnes
December 22nd, 2011, 09:58
Yes - there is easy start short cut

DagR
December 22nd, 2011, 10:31
Shift+2, page 1 in the checklist helped me with "Dag-proof" settings. What a superb aircraft !!! :-)

P38man
December 22nd, 2011, 10:42
On the Aerosoft forum the coder states the sound is not good and they MAY fix it.

Any comments by those who have bought it on the sound?

It uses a default sound for the actual flying as well- something to do with FSX limitations for this type (geared turboprop)

Is it really that bad or is the coder a perfectionist ?

Its the one thing holding me back. Sound is important to me. I have bought some without great sound and don't fly them. Each to their own.

I hope they release a full video.

BigDog
December 22nd, 2011, 10:44
Shift+2, page 1 in the checklist helped me with "Dag-proof" settings. What a superb aircraft !!! :-)

yep...I like this one too!! I fly the F-16 too the same way...Shift 2 easy as pie startup and fly!

lawdawg
December 22nd, 2011, 10:52
Yes, I am very curious about the sound.
Have not read one comment anywhere about how the sound is stunning, awesome...
Sound is a big deal to this kid. It's the one thing holding me back also.

gradyhappyg
December 22nd, 2011, 10:55
On the Aerosoft forum the coder states the sound is not good and they MAY fix it.

Any comments by those who have bought it on the sound?

It uses a default sound for the actual flying as well- something to do with FSX limitations for this type (geared turboprop)

Is it really that bad or is the coder a perfectionist ?

Its the one thing holding me back. Sound is important to me. I have bought some without great sound and don't fly them. Each to their own.

I hope they release a full video.

Honestly it kind of sounds like my 20 HP riding mower but then my sound setup could probably use some upgrading.

P38man
December 22nd, 2011, 11:05
Honestly it kind of sounds like my 20 HP riding mower but then my sound setup could probably use some upgrading.

Oh well.....thanks for that buddy that helped my decision!

lawdawg
December 22nd, 2011, 11:09
Dammit!
Guess that helped me with my decision to.
Bummer

gradyhappyg
December 22nd, 2011, 11:20
I like good bass filled rattle the wall sounds too but still overall the quality of the model inside and out the flying habits + the chance of a sound upgrade soon no regrets here.
May try swapping out some sound from some of my other turbines to get a little more oooomph to it.

skyhawka4m
December 22nd, 2011, 11:39
ok....so I got it flying and not sure what waas wrong......but with some tinkering I was able to get her flying....very nice!

Barnes
December 22nd, 2011, 11:40
The VC really is impressive - has anyone noticed how real the compass reacts to movement in its liquid ( just cant think of the term for it)

Ian Warren
December 22nd, 2011, 11:48
A real New Zealand Christmas .. This Bronco is supremely ideal for the valley and the ups and downs off South Island NZ .. :sheep::santahat:

JIMJAM
December 22nd, 2011, 12:17
Impression after 2 flights. Did not read no stinkin manual.....
As I look.
Engines already running.
VR pit- realistic looking. Nice weathering, easy to read,sharp......
Sound- Loud turbine. Sounds like a Kingair from the front while parking it.
Throttles forwards, notice red lights so I back way off, get to rotate quickly and away I go. Gear up.
Using Activesky with light rain in the area but feels like I am in a hurricaine. Pretty bad rolling. Did not fool with trims but plane wants to climb climb climb. And ROCK AND ROLL.
Leveled out,throttles way back cruising a 200 indicated. Very squirrely like the T-38 Talon. Ive seen alot of these in real life coming up from the Marine station and always thought they would be stable with those engines out there. Lose one and yeah, I can see it.
Ok, in to land, power back and off goes a warning. Cannot silience the annoyance so gear down and the plane gets real stable like. Hard to judge the throttle power by my Saitek location. No sound changes to judge so head down to stare at unfamiliar gauges. Seem to be your typical high strung yet slow to respond turbines. Almost all the way back on the throttles and the speed shaves off real quick. Feed in some more,guessing 100 mph as my approach speed. Flaps full, cant feel much out of em. Not stallin or haulin so 100 seems good.
100 indicated over the fence pull back to idle for a firm landing. Rev thrust has a satifying sound and feel for a 1000 ft landing.
10 min or so hands on and it appears to be another solid Asoft release.
Cant say its one of those love at first flight, a real joy to fly kinda planes. Like the Talon, its not a handsoff, relaxing plane but requires helicopter like grip on the stick at all times. Maybe its my weather prog? Dunno more flights tonight in various locales.
Fps seems good. Got me something to tinker with for at least a couple days!

BTW- I just found a nice faq pertaining specific to the flight model on the forum as a sticky. Like the Talon,104 ECT I dont mind a finicky aircraft if thats the way it is. Seems alot of thought put into it so a reading I will go.

Wothan
December 22nd, 2011, 12:23
Hi I´m the coder on the Bronco....

No the sounds are not bad. At least not more bad than on most other addons.

The issue is rather that if You ever have heard the real Bronco, our sounds does not fully give the same "hum", but they are far from bad.
It´s no difference to other addon aircraft. If You ever have heard a real Spitfire Merlin engine or the engine of a radial, like the P-47, You will never find an addon that will sound like those in FSX.

Though I´m far from objective ,I really think that You shouldn´t use my words on the engine sounds as the decisive factor for buying or not.

I only told my honest feeling about FSX sounds vs reality here - That is not just pointed at the Bronco !!

Best regards
FinnJ
(Aerosoft developer)

Barnes
December 22nd, 2011, 12:28
Having just watched video of the real bronco - id say you got really close to the sound - well done.

Barnes
December 22nd, 2011, 12:30
As I look.
Engines already running.
Throttles forwards, notice red lights so I back way off, get to rotate quickly and away I go. Gear up.
Using Activesky with light rain in the area but feels like I am in a hurricaine. Pretty bad rolling. Did not fool with trims but plane wants to climb climb climb. And ROCK AND ROLL.
Leveled out,throttles way back cruising a 200 indicated. Very squirrely like the T-38 Talon. Ive seen alot of these in real life coming up from the Marine station and always thought they would be stable with those engines out there. Lose one and yeah, I can see need for a heavy opposite foot.
Ok, in to land, power back and off goes a warning. Cannot silience the annoyance so gear down and the plane gets real stable like. Hard to judge the throttle power by my Saitek location. No sound changes to judge so head down to stare at unfamiliar gauges. Seem to be your typical high strung yet slow to respond turbines. Almost all the way back on the throttles and the speed shaves off real quick. Feed in some more,guessing 100 mph as my approach speed. Flaps full, cant feel much out of em. Not stallin or haulin so 100 seems good.
100 indicated over the fence pull back to idle for a firm landing. Rev thrust has a satifying sound and feel for a 1000 ft landing.
Cant say its one of those love at first flight, a real joy to fly kinda planes. Like the Talon, its not a handsoff, relaxing plane but requires helicopter like grip on the stick at all times. Maybe its my weather prog? Dunno more flights tonight in various locales.

Hi

I found with trim and yes, good weather, it was very tame

Wothan
December 22nd, 2011, 12:37
As I look.
Engines already running.
Leveled out,throttles way back cruising a 200 indicated. Very squirrely like the T-38 Talon. Ive seen alot of these in real life coming up from the Marine station and always thought they would be stable with those engines out there. Lose one and yeah, I can see need for a heavy opposite foot.

Don´t slam Your throttles !!
Ease them forward to appr. 80% and wait for Torque to stabilise before fine tuning.

The climbing is probably because You need to adapt the rather high seating position. The main panel on the Bronco sits lower than Your used to, so the Horizon line needs to be put much higher on Your windscreen than usually. Makes for a splendid view all around.

For proper engine RPM - set the condition levers to TO& LAND (full forward) during take off and landing. During take off it will accelerate faster, cause prop blades are at max RPM. During landing it will help slow down due to higher propeller drag.
In flight set the condition levers within the NORMAL FLIGHT range

The warning horn tells that You are too low for landing (Flaps> 20° or condition levers at TO & LAND with the power levers retarded below 50%)
It can be silenced by switching off the WARN HORN on the overhead panel.

A approach speed of 100 kts is just about right.

Flaps are causing drag and lift, but due to some aerodynamical reasons it react a bit different than You would expect - also the behaviour at slow speeds below 165 kts (read the manual or the FAQ section of the forum).

The flighmodel has ben verified to be very close to the real Bronco and engine readouts to fall within ±5% during all flight phases - pretty good actually.

FinnJ

JIMJAM
December 22nd, 2011, 13:02
OK......................:salute:

Just finished a good 20 minute "wring it out" flight and I am happy:applause:

Weather prog must have been hyper on my maiden cuz this flight was like butter. And yes, if you go throttle up and release the brakes its a ice skater on take off. Be SMOOOOOOTH.
As always, reboot after a new install just in case. Any wierdness disable anything that mods FSX. Also DONT use your airbrake if you have it on your stick from what I am reading. The fm is tricked by some of that programmer magic and uses it. Also do NOT mod or use any keys pertaining to anything that changes the props.

gradyhappyg
December 22nd, 2011, 13:02
Nope no regrets at all. Picked a good day to get strep throat and have to be out of work. Love the cockpit.

Ian Warren
December 22nd, 2011, 14:03
Nope no regrets at all. Picked a good day to get strep throat and have to be out of work. Love the cockpit.

OBSERVATION it is ... :icon_lol: ya cant get lost in this baby unless your like this :kilroy:

strykerpsg
December 22nd, 2011, 14:49

Great pics! Is that the new South Island NZ scenery from Orbx?

Wothan, will the next variant have the weapons winglets and gunsight/HUD? Also, is the cargo/troop area accessible? Answer, yes to both. Found it on their forums. Defintely a must have now.

Matt

gradyhappyg
December 22nd, 2011, 14:55
[QUOTE=strykerpsg;660780]Great pics! Is that the new South Island NZ scenery from Orbx?

Thanks glad you liked them flying over Maui X from Newport Scenery.

strykerpsg
December 22nd, 2011, 16:38
[QUOTE=strykerpsg;660780]Great pics! Is that the new South Island NZ scenery from Orbx?

Thanks glad you liked them flying over Maui X from Newport Scenery.

Looks sweet all the same.

BrittMac
December 22nd, 2011, 20:21
I agreed with the incentive post earlier and went ahead and bought it. Just an FYI for the bean counters, the Euro must be down or something. I payed more than a dollar less than the advertised price on the download(28 and some cents vs 30). Obviously this may not hold true tomorrow, but it worked for me tonight. May be just a internet calculator thing on the AS website, but a penny saved.....is a penny I can spend on other FS stuff.

Looking forward to flying this in a minute, and all the repaints in the future!

Victory103
December 23rd, 2011, 01:57
Man, and I just got Piglet's Broncos flying great in FSX. Thanks for the initial write ups on Aerosoft's latest.

skyhawka4m
December 23rd, 2011, 04:59
ok....I am having a problem....I wonder if anyone else has.......When I switch from or to the Bronco, or start a new flight with it my FSX is stuck at 1.1 FPS until after I've opened the manual and clicked the cold start option to shut it completely done and done a reset of the aircraft, and then restart it. Is there some way to have the Bronco set up to be cold at the beginning of a flight or when we switch into it? Is anyone else finding this issue?

JIMJAM
December 23rd, 2011, 07:25
I did a touch and go and lifted back off. Replayed it and watched it from various views. Stopped playback and went back to realtime flying. I noticed my fps was a little lower and jerky. My outside views that some are reporting had been fine but this time I noticed why it had reduced.
The entire rear was engulfed in a major fireball. Ive seen this issue before on some other planes. Tried loading antoher plane then the Bronco but it was still engulfed in flames. Eventually had to restart the flight. So if anyone get swings in there fps make sure you are not on fire hahahaha.

Another possible oddity. I removed the engine sound they use for ground roll and added my own rolling sound. To hear it I cut the engines in flight so I could do a deadstick. I was surprised to see I could not lower the gear.

Thunderbolt
December 23rd, 2011, 08:15
Yesterday for 25€ and today for 19€ on AS Online !

Fireball6
December 23rd, 2011, 10:06
I can not understand why they sold it yesterday for 25 € and today for 18,71 € - in my opinion it is not very fair against the people that bought it yesterday on initial release ....... disappointing !!

skyhawka4m
December 23rd, 2011, 10:47
I can not understand why they sold it yesterday for 25 € and today for 18,71 € - in my opinion it is not very fair against the people that bought it yesterday on initial release ....... disappointing !!

Ya....I should have waited a day and saved $10.00

Fireball6
December 23rd, 2011, 11:07
I thought myself "mhhh - very good plane - just go and look for a verx nice scenery from that company - they have some very, very nice ...." but after reading that the price for the bronco is lowered only a few hours after they released it - and i am one of those "Early buyers", let me stay away from another purchase - like stated before, i am disappointed by the art of "price-politic".

The Bronco themself is fantastic - like it alot. So many nice things to discover. One of the best virtual cockpits in my opinion. Hope a lot of people buy it - more than ever for the lower price ! It is worth every cent !!

Merry christmas and a happy new year

Dirk

MenendezDiego
December 23rd, 2011, 11:28

Reminds me of when I bought the Iris A-10A when it first came out at full price...big mistake on my part for two reasons:

a) They went ahead and put it on sale for $5 dollars a shortly time later

b) DCS A-10C came out basically the following week (or very short after).

I would have asked for a refund (I think the original price was like $45.00 US, maybe more) but that's not my style.

If I had access to my FSX PC, I'd buy the Bronco right this second, but I won't be back from holidays until the 8th of January, so it will have to wait.

Regards, Diego

JIMJAM
December 23rd, 2011, 11:34
Yeah had I known that, last night I would have flown it a couple hours rather than a few flights. Lets see 3 flights x 10 minutes each / 10 bucks= I dunno but being a implusive hardhead I woulda probably dunnit anyways. But now I want to charge 10 bucks for my advertising and mini review I did. HA

Not going to sweat the small stuff.

hae5904
December 23rd, 2011, 12:00
LOL....I bought the Bronco a couple of minutes before midnight (German time).......

Two minutes for around 6 Euros.
Well that's around Euro 3,15 / minute and doing the math : 189 Euros / hour !!
That's a lot of add-on you can buy within an hour.

Non the less.....great plane, really worth the money ( the full 25 Euros that is...:icon_lol:)

Hank

gradyhappyg
December 23rd, 2011, 12:10
Sorry everyone it's all my fault. Everytime I buy something it goes on sale the next day be it a loaf of bread or case of soda's or a Bronco.
At least the Wilga which I got at the same time as the Bronco was already on sale. L:icon_lol:L.

JIMJAM
December 23rd, 2011, 12:45
Ok wheres the landing light switch?
Im starting to feel ill with the Trackir on looking up and down.
Either that or I am feeling the effects of beef stick,4 kinds of cheeses,fudge,shrimp dip and a Mountain Dew.

AckAck
December 23rd, 2011, 13:27
I've looked through the threads here and at Aerosoft, but can't find a specific list - is there any indication of what models will be released in the full pack? The current one is the German OV-10B, and they were looking for gunsight info for the US "A" model. Will there be a clear rear dome "B"? Are the rest of the models in the pack to be various armaments of A models, or might there be civilian (NASA, CDF, DoS) versions, export military ("C" and "E" versions - most are based on A), or some of the more extensively modified versions, like the "B(Z)" with the top mounted jet, or the long nose/up-engined "D"?

I can understand not wanting to be pinned down to specifics, but does anyone have a hint?

Brian

Wothan
December 23rd, 2011, 14:04
I've looked through the threads here and at Aerosoft, but can't find a specific list - is there any indication of what models will be released in the full pack? The current one is the German OV-10B, and they were looking for gunsight info for the US "A" model. Will there be a clear rear dome "B"? Are the rest of the models in the pack to be various armaments of A models, or might there be civilian (NASA, CDF, DoS) versions, export military ("C" and "E" versions - most are based on A), or some of the more extensively modified versions, like the "B(Z)" with the top mounted jet, or the long nose/up-engined "D"?

I can understand not wanting to be pinned down to specifics, but does anyone have a hint?

Brian

I´m not 100% sure about all the models that will be done, but surely these:
-OV-10B German with rear end glasshouse
-The CAL FIRE CDF
-Some military variants with the sponsoons fitted with guns
-Four bladed export variant

FinnJ

flewpastu
December 23rd, 2011, 17:41
Cant find anywhere if the paint kit has been released or will be released, any ideas ?

Bill

falcon409
December 23rd, 2011, 20:28
I can't find it now, but seems like I read that it would be released close on the heels of the January Update.:salute:

skyhawka4m
December 23rd, 2011, 23:22
My bronco wish list:
1. chocks at cold and dark
2. no pilot at cold and dark
3. flags and covers at cold and dark (optional)
4. selectable weapons loads for armed variants

Tim-HH
December 24th, 2011, 01:36
An excellent addon! Thanks to all involved :applause:

Greetings
Tim

res non verba
December 24th, 2011, 02:08
me too got it for 25... not good advertising!

good airplane with nice overall behavior although I think it a bit too sensitive in elevator trim and steering on the ground, i do not know if it's due to the model or our too light home pedals, it's easy to overcontrol it on the ground.

an agile and stable platform, is easy to do aerobatics, and an excelent option to explore good scenery's

:ernae:

falcon409
December 24th, 2011, 05:23
. . . . .good airplane with nice overall behavior although I think it a bit too sensitive in elevator trim and steering on the ground, i do not know if it's due to the model or our too light home pedals, it's easy to overcontrol it on the ground. . . . . .
Given that the design team had a close association with the German OV-10 Demo Team and one of the Beta Testers was the Demo Pilot, I would think it might be your pedals and not the model.:salute:

calypsos
December 24th, 2011, 05:37
From the above screenshot, the model appears to represent one of the UK based private Broncos, bought a couple of years ago. At least one was undergoing restoration/conversion to fly as a warbird. I am not sure if this ever was completed (I'm not in the UK nowadays) but it's a pretty obscure version.....although one that could be flown with a PPL Twin rating! I am rather disapointed that only this one model comes with the package, given the price, I would have hoped for at least three models/ paints.

skyhawka4m
December 24th, 2011, 06:14
From the above screenshot, the model appears to represent one of the UK based private Broncos, bought a couple of years ago. At least one was undergoing restoration/conversion to fly as a warbird. I am not sure if this ever was completed (I'm not in the UK nowadays) but it's a pretty obscure version.....although one that could be flown with a PPL Twin rating! I am rather disapointed that only this one model comes with the package, given the price, I would have hoped for at least three models/ paints.

There are additional models and paints coming next month I believe at no charge to those who have purchased it already.

Thoe6969
December 24th, 2011, 06:20
From the above screenshot, the model appears to represent one of the UK based private Broncos, bought a couple of years ago. At least one was undergoing restoration/conversion to fly as a warbird. I am not sure if this ever was completed (I'm not in the UK nowadays) but it's a pretty obscure version.....although one that could be flown with a PPL Twin rating! I am rather disapointed that only this one model comes with the package, given the price, I would have hoped for at least three models/ paints. Yeh me too,and I got it the first day and payed $29.00 for it and I'm not happy about that at all as they lowered the price right after that.

JIMJAM
December 24th, 2011, 08:03
I am happy with it. Just REALLY looking forward to losing that tank on the bottom and some new paints.
Coming from a longtime "Microprose F-119 on a Tandy 20 mgz computer" simmer, summing up my "wants" in one short sentence is a real compliment.

Barnes
December 24th, 2011, 08:06
Yes - love it. The additional versions are great to look foward to

Thoe6969
December 24th, 2011, 11:36
I am happy with it. Just REALLY looking forward to losing that tank on the bottom and some new paints.
Coming from a longtime "Microprose F-119 on a Tandy 20 mgz computer" simmer, summing up my "wants" in one short sentence is a real compliment. I'm happy with the plane and won't complain about the price if the new models and paints are free

skyhawka4m
December 24th, 2011, 13:22
Well at least I'm glad to know my FPS issues are not only with me evidently there is a coding issue they are now looking into.

Wothan
December 24th, 2011, 14:04
The additional models and repainnts will be free for existing customers, when they are released in 2012.

We are aware of the FPS issue and will look into it. Until then either use the start situation that comes with the Bronco X or try to re-load it.
Some users had succes with either toggling the battery or the External light switch On/Off or Off/On.

FinnJ
(Aerosoft developer)

skyhawka4m
December 24th, 2011, 15:03
I've ctually found that using a key stroke I have set up for rebooting the plane works most of the time. I had one instance when the beacons were steady and not blinking.

JIMJAM
December 24th, 2011, 15:58
Great cockpit vid with good sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv-Rqfu6IIA&feature=related

Bob.sc
December 25th, 2011, 03:06
It is EXCELLENT! Thanks guys!!

flewpastu
December 25th, 2011, 08:05
Someone already posted a repaint for the OV10 of the CDF, looks pretty good for not having a paint kit yet.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/51110-bronco-variants-liveries/

Bill

skyhawka4m
December 25th, 2011, 08:09
some cool vid's on there.....this one has some cool loadouts

http://youtu.be/wnNK3IPeoBU

Francois
December 25th, 2011, 11:00
Since the Bronco was one of my favorite 1:72 model kits way back when, and I always admired it on tv in those days, I just HAD to have it.

Bought it this afternoon, unaware of the 'price issue' flagged in some posts above here, and I really like it a lot! Very detailed, especially the cockpit is a work of art IMHO.
Hoping for some 'loaded' versions in future, preferably with US markings..... and having fun all afternoon!

Well done FinnJ ! :wavey:

Dain Arns
December 26th, 2011, 05:25
Since the Bronco was one of my favorite 1:72 model kits way back when, and I always admired it on tv in those days, I just HAD to have it...

Same. :d

http://www.hyperscale.com/features/2000/ov10ada_1.htm

I had the 1/48 Hawk plastic scale model version,( before Testors bought them out.)
But mine unfortunately had a lot of 'hops' deep into imaginary enemy territories before being retired due to 'maintenance issues'. (Missing parts) :icon_lol:

airattackimages
December 26th, 2011, 06:23
I flew this last night on a buddies' machine, around ORBX's Bowerman and I was pretty much sold. The VC is very immersive and you really feel like you're flying due to the great seating position and visibility of the OV-10's cockpit. I think the Aerosoft OV-10 is going to be a must have for my library. :)

I just hope it doesn't stutter on my machine like the Aerosoft F-16. My frames are ALL over the place with it. I had even uninstalled it over the past 2 years only to bring it back recently and remember that was the reason I had uninstalled it. Was there ever a fix for it's frames? (slightly off topic) :o

Daveroo
December 26th, 2011, 08:48
the january issue of "air forces international " magazine has a photo in the accident report section of a crashed bronco,,cant remember where the crash happened..and the mag is in the bathroom at my folks (lol)....bu it did alot of damage...dont know what it has to do with this addon..but thought it was timely and interresting...LOL

mjrhealth
December 26th, 2011, 11:07
I know there is a pic on youtube somewhere, of one, where the pilot got target fixation, realised he was going to hit the deck. pulled back to hard and overstresssed the frame , hit the top of some trees in the pullup, still managed to hop back with a bent back and if i remember some tree leaves in the wheel well. Was trying to find it yesterday.

skyhawka4m
December 26th, 2011, 12:44
forget it.....

airattackimages
December 31st, 2011, 02:45
A friend got me this machine for Christmas, and I'm loving it. Here is a video for anyone interested, of the CDF paint done by Tristan at the Aerosoft forums... showing how we employ Broncos here in California.

In this video you'll ride to a fresh fire dispatch in Air Attack 310 from Cal Fire's Hemet-Ryan Air Attack Base, in heavy winds and rough air. It'll be a choppy ride! S-2s, and P-2 with a P-3 from SBD will be right behind you. This video will take up 20 mins of your life (be warned!) so you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the photoreal scenery in the Hemet area -- epicenter of Southern California's "ring of fire" during fire season. Hemet-Ryan was for many many years the busiest tanker base in the world (they only lost that distinction in 1998 when the US Forest Service moved out).

If you're interested make sure to watch in 1080 :)

http://youtu.be/LZH815BtCo4?hd=1

b52bob
December 31st, 2011, 07:15
Great video!

airattackimages
January 12th, 2012, 19:05
Great video!

Thanks Bob!

Tim-HH
January 15th, 2012, 13:37
First pictures of the upcoming US Marines model: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/51856-us-marines-vmo-1-1966-model/

Greetings
Tim

Tim-HH
January 17th, 2012, 10:11
And preview pics of the US Air Force model: Aerosoft Forum (http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/51918-us-air-force-20th-tass-around-1972/)

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7203/ov10aairforcepreview002.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7084/ov10aairforcepreview003.jpg

Greetings
Tim

Ferry_vO
January 17th, 2012, 10:47
Sweet! :applause:

Barnes
January 17th, 2012, 10:59
Tx Tim

strykerpsg
January 17th, 2012, 11:13
Wow! Definitely reminds of when I was a kid growing up at sunny Zweibrucken. Loved the 70's in Germany as a kid, REFORGER and many low level passes by supersonic jets.

Matt

Ian Warren
January 17th, 2012, 11:45
Looking Great :salute: , We had an exchange pilot with the USAF during the Vietnam War , Flt Lt Murray Abel of RNZAF , our connection to the Bronco :jump:

mal998
January 17th, 2012, 13:52
Now we're talkin'!

DaveKDEN
January 17th, 2012, 14:07
Is there going to be an extra charge for the different models, or will they be add-ons to the originally purchased German model?

Tim-HH
January 17th, 2012, 14:32
Is there going to be an extra charge for the different models, or will they be add-ons to the originally purchased German model? The additional models will be free for all existing customers.

Greetings
Tim

DaveKDEN
January 17th, 2012, 14:36
The additional models will be free for all existing customers.

Greetings
Tim

Excellent - thanks!