PDA

View Full Version : Flight1 Cessna 162 Skycatcher (payware)

wallyboard
December 21st, 2011, 08:43
For those interested, it's available;

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=flt1c162

Cheers
Larry

flyingip
December 21st, 2011, 09:13
Looks great! Good that Santa's in town.

skyhawka4m
December 21st, 2011, 09:25
maybe after christmas.....too many good sales going on...........besides..........I'm broke!!!

Come on 2012!!

Felixthreeone
December 21st, 2011, 10:32
I was thinking that the price was just a little high for an LSA...despite its obviously high level of sophistication in the replication of the Garmins and so on...then I saw a $5 coupon is listed towards the bottom of the product page. Looks like it is good til January 16th. I might...MIGHT consider this...but with Ant's Eaglet coming soon...tough choice. I know the Eaglet won't have the fancy-schmancy stuff, but sometimes too much fancy-schmancy can be buggy....

wallyboard
December 21st, 2011, 11:18
First flight and I like it! On par with the 182T (re: textures and modelling), but better sim performance, similar to the latest Carenado products. Garmin 600 is very nice. Aircraft is slow (handling speed 102), but a hoot to boot around.

Cheers
Larry

Alan_A
December 21st, 2011, 11:27
Sounds promising. I'd love to hear reactions from anybody who owns Ant's Tecnam Sierra - which I keep coming back to in spite of owning more complex aircraft like the Aerosoft Katana (not an LSA, of course, but you know what I mean). There's something about Sierra - can't put my finger on it. On the other hand, I'm open to any really great LSA. I'm partial to the category since it's about my speed, and it's the only kind of aircraft I could conceivably fly in real life. Will stand by for opinions... but I do feel my wallet opening, slowly, slowly...

flyingip
December 21st, 2011, 14:01
The 162, basically, is a full-worthy airplane like the 152, but because it has the ability to fit in the LSA category that is what Cessna did. And probably because it'll cost them a lot less. The main reason why they ceased C152 production is because it was as expensive to build as a C172 and there was not a LSA category back then. Probably LSA sounds more sporty than 'flight school training aircraft'. Like the Katana, the C162 and the Sierra could perfectly be normal category airplanes, but because we don't have something like a LSA category in Europe, where the Rotax Katana is made, and because their aiming market is Europe, they are certified as normal category airplanes. Tecnam has a fully certified version of the Sierra as well for European market.

So what I'm trying to say here is, LSA's don't really feel like LSA's :icon_lol: I'm currently hopping around in the Sierra in FSX as our local flight school will have a real one delivered soon. The flight school nearby has ordered 2 Skycatchers. Therefore I might get this one as well, and because I have most Cessna's in my collection. :jump:

I'll probably wait for some screenshots and a video with the engine sounds etc before I get it.

Meshman
December 21st, 2011, 17:52
Will stand by for opinions... but I do feel my wallet opening, slowly, slowly...

Just a "friendly reminder" that Flight1 offers a 30-day refund option. I don't know if I'd buy or not, but those BIG side windows do have an appeal to me and how I work within the sim.

Alan_A
December 21st, 2011, 20:18
Just a "friendly reminder" that Flight1 offers a 30-day refund option. I don't know if I'd buy or not, but those BIG side windows do have an appeal to me and how I work within the sim.

Yes, good point. I've only used the refund option once but it's nice to know it's there. One of the best purchasing options out there. So I guess I'll give it a test drive.

Agree with you about the windows. I've been enjoying the DodoSim B206 for exactly that reason. And I think there may be an Aerosoft Bronco in my future, too. Can't get enough of the view from the corner office...

Alan_A
December 22nd, 2011, 06:57
Just an update - bought it late last night. Only had time for a quick flight but it makes a nice first impression. Looks good and handles well. Nice avionics package with no noticeable impact on frames - frames are about on par with a Carenado. It doesn't have quite the immersiveness of the Katana or the personality of the Sierra (re the latter, I love the soundset and the light, fighter-like handling). This is more like a brand-new rental than a lived-in airplane or one with quirks. Think Flight 1 182 in a small LSA package. Highly recommended, especially at the current discount.

Phantom88
December 22nd, 2011, 07:59
Thx Alan,sounds like a Great Low-n-slow sightseeing aircraft