PDA

View Full Version : Vrijwilligers gevraagd voor maken Nederlandse Addon voor CFS3 ETO Expansion

Foute Man
December 17th, 2008, 08:20
Aloha, if anyone is interested in making/contributing a Dutch Addon for CFS3 ETO Expansion, please contact me

Groetûh!!!!

More info here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6045

groeten van de Foute Man

miamieagle
December 17th, 2008, 19:10
This is the CFS2 forum not CFS3. You are in the wrong forum my friend. We got to many things going on here in this forum and to many places in the Sim World through CFS2 to upgrade.

Maybe you should help us instead!

There is lot more places to enjoy!

Like Asia and Eastern Europe plus the vast Pacific Ocean with its Island including the Continent of Australia. North America and South America and many more places. Beside its rude and of poor taste to ask this kind of question in the wrong Forum.

Have a good day!:isadizzy:

Hern07
December 17th, 2008, 20:33
I agree. Would love to see some input from the Dutch in CFS2. I'm about to order a book on the Dutch Naval air service in the Pacific. Come on in, we would love to have you

onnogras
December 18th, 2008, 07:39
Ton, Ik ben bezig geweest met een verzameling 39-40 vliegvelden in CFSII. Juiste locaties van bijna alle velden kunnen achterhalen (behalve Welschap, wat overbouwd is door Eindhoven airport). Heb Sceneries gemaakt, maar gestrand in het mooi maken, "blended", omdat ik gewoon geen geduld heb... (Heb ook een echt leven en kan hier geen weken achterelkaar aan spenderen.)

Wil graag mee / dan wel bij dragen aan CFSII oplossingen.

Garoet,
Onno Gras

Foute Man,
I've been working on a collection of 39-40 airfields in CFSII. Have almost all historical locations discovered (except for Welschap (now build-over by Eindhoven airfield) Have created some 10 sceneries, but are stranded in perfection, as I still have troubles with creating blended-style sceneries. And the fact that I also have a Real Live..
However, I would gladly work with or on CFSII solutions.

Greetings,
OG

Foute Man
December 18th, 2008, 11:44
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies

I know this is not the correct forum, but I've posted on every subforum here at SOH to ask for help or do some trading. I could still make some textures for CFS 2 stuff, so no problem to help this community as well.

Some things could be done very easy, because in CFS 3 some aircraft and ships are mapped the same way as in CFS 2. Will need to take a look at some models, but I could provide the CFS 2 community with some textures for the He111 and the Ju88a

I'm planning to include some Dutch ships in CFS 3 made with gmax. It's been a while now since I've left CFS 2 modding, but I still have it installed and from time to time I'm flying it myself.

Will come back to this subject

Onno, je hebt een PM

groeten

Jagdflieger
December 18th, 2008, 13:49
Thanks Foute Man. As I recal, most of K. Malinowski's planes will convert back and forth between CFS 2 and CFS 3 and perhaps some of the other stock MS aeroplanes.

Hern07
December 18th, 2008, 14:58
If possible, woul love to see those ships here too. Good Luck on your projects.

Foute Man
December 19th, 2008, 05:48
You have to help me, what's the proper file format for the textures? In CFS 3 I have to convert from a 24b bitmap to dxt1 with mip maps

Will a single layer 24b bitmap do (makes large zipfiles) or do I have to make textures with mip maps and save as......

Please let me know

I hope you understand my time is limited and I don't know if the CFS 3 palet works in CFS 2

groeten

Putkikker
December 22nd, 2008, 06:30
No one willing to share some of your files? I know Foute Man is converting the Ju88A and the He111 for you, soon they'll be taking of to drop some items in the neighbourhood of an English ferryharbour? Will be full Gruppestrenght!!!!

Come on, you must have some stuff worth converting to CFS 3??????? Please help us out.....enough European theatre pilots and modders here!!!!

P Kikker

Jagdflieger
December 22nd, 2008, 06:39
Putkikker,

I do not understand your post. The files we have are all available here in the library or at the larger sim sites. They are easy to access without any need for anyone to send them to you. We already have KM's original CFS 2 versions of K. Malinowski's Ju 88 and the Ground Crew's He 111 with many textures for them.

As for textures, CFS 2 will read the Extended 16bit 565, DXT-1 and DXT-3 formats and of course Martin Wright's DXTBmp program is the best way to convert them from your paint program's format. I generally save my projects in the Extended 16bit 565, but many of our good painters use the DXT formats.

We wish you the best for your project.

Putkikker
December 22nd, 2008, 07:35
Putkikker,

I do not understand your post. The files we have are all available here in the library or at the larger sim sites. They are easy to access without any need for anyone to send them to you. We already have KM's original CFS 2 versions of K. Malinowski's Ju 88 and the Ground Crew's He 111 with many textures for them.

As for textures, CFS 2 will read the Extended 16bit 565, DXT-1 and DXT-3 formats and of cours Martin Wright's DXTBmp program is the best way to convert them from your paint program's format. I generally save my projects in the Extended 16bit 565, but many of our good painters use the DXT formats.

We wish you the best for your project.

Foute Man is doing (in his mind) you a favour to make his textures available for this community, he made a deal with Shessi (?) to make them availalbe for CFS 2. He is not re-moddeling anything, only making new bitmaps from his templates. Unfortunately he cleaned up his HD after compiling the Luftwaffe X-mas packs for CFS 3!!!!!

So the request to this community is to give him/us some sourcefiles in return, so we can use them in our project.

If I read your words as moderator well you mean that:

a - we're free to steal anything from the CFS 2 designers. I don't believe that!!!!

b - you're not interested in the textures by Foute Man, so why does he recieves requests from the CFS 2 community few times a year to convert the He111's and Ju88a?????

It's not our style to steal, we ask if anyone wants to make their available and yes it's in FM's personality to do something in return.

There's a lot of Euro stuff in CFS 1 and CFS 2, why not having it in CFS 3????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

You will have your 15 minutes of fame outside your own community you know, because we give you credit for it........:medals:

:ernae:

Jagdflieger
December 22nd, 2008, 07:54
Putkikker,

1. As I said in my post, you are free to download all the CFS 2 files you wish. No one suggests or supports stealing and I have no idea where you came up with that idea. The files are free to anyone, both here and at most other sim sites. The individual readme files outline what can and can't be done with them. As you know, lots of textures get converted between FS 9, CFS 2 and to some extent CFS 3.

2. As a courtesy to Fouteman, he should know that we already have the He 111 and the Ju 88 that he refered to. There is no need to convert the planes to CFS 2 as it was already done by the authors of those aeroplanes. There are lots of skins for them. It would cause Fouteman a lot of work to repeat or remake skins that are already done for CFS 2. Conversion of the He 111 and Ju 88 as well as KM's P-47 CFS 2 skins to CFS 3 shouldn't be too hard with the files available for download.

3. Again, best of luck with the project.

mooringj
December 22nd, 2008, 23:43
Onno,

I do have information about Welschap before its move to the new location. Some photo's and maps. I intended to create the airfield myself but there are always other things to do...

MJ