PDA

View Full Version : New toy

hey_moe
December 19th, 2011, 07:09
Well in the last couple of years I have brought many trackballs but none I really liked. I have a ten year old trackball made by MS, but they stop making it a long time ago. Kensington finally came out with a low slim line one>> http://www.kensington.com/kensington/us/us/p/1444/K72327US/slimblade%e2%84%a2-trackball.aspx which so far has done better than all the rest I have brought. One of the biggest features I like about it is the ball is really big and rolls nice. I never have used a mouse but have a wireless one hooked up in case Linda wants to play on my system instead of hers. She really hates the trackball, which by the way tickles the chet out of me. :mixedsmi::icon_lol:

Ickie
December 19th, 2011, 07:11
simular to the one i have been using for 10 years, lol

Tako_Kichi
December 19th, 2011, 07:41
Many years ago when I was still working in the industrial sector I was the only guy in an office full of PC users using a Mac. At that time PC's (486 running Win 3.1) just could not compete with the Mac when it came to desktop publishing and graphic design. I had a four-button trackball on the Mac and loved it but nobody else in the office could get the hang of using it. The ball was about 3" in diameter and gave really precise control. The only downside was that I developed a large callous on the heel of my hand where it sat on the desk and never moved, all I did was move my fingers for full control. Even now when I have been using a mouse on a PC for over 12 years I still rarely move my hand on the desk as I set my mouse up to give me full control with just a small movement of my wrist. I miss my trackball at times and have thought about getting one for the PC.

EDIT: Just found a piccy of the one I used.

Willy
December 19th, 2011, 09:53
I've been using a Logitech trackball for years. I can't imagine being without one. I hate mouses.